[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How do i stop myself from overthinking everything? It's

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

How do i stop myself from overthinking everything?

It's gotten to the point it feels like mental torture. It's making me miserable and it's starting to feel more and more impossible to handle
>>
>>17560939
Stop underestimating yourself talk to you in the mirror, something like: "Shut up, is not that bad"
>>
>>17560939
This video actually helped me...https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ow0lr63y4Mw

Sometimes I just remind myself to STOP IT. Put humor into it and you'll be fine. I know exactly where you're coming from OP.
>>
>>17560939
why not tell yourself " relax man youre overthinking " than go take a dump

you allready know you are..
>>
stop giving a shit and the overthinking will be fun
I was in the same situation, playing all posibilities in my head, from the big ones like what do I do with my life, what should my partner be like to the smaller ones like what do I get for dinner, facts about carbs, fat loss, muscle building were flying around in my head, when I sat down in the pub with friends all conversation themes I could think of were growing like a tree, which ones to avoid so they don't ask questions about stuff I don't want them to know, how to connect with all of them yada yada the list goes on

I did not stop, I got rid of the emotions involved by becoming a complete nihilist and I started feeling like a fucking Sherlock because i treat it like a game and at any point I can say whatevs and let the moment flow
my rules:
1. it's okay to use the brain alot, it's a marveous machine
2. idgaf what people think (took a long time until I got this one)
3. no situation will unravel exactly as I planned it
4. the main and only point of overthinking/planning is to have more fun
>>
>>17561416
but like, it's so insanely automatic. It just happens and I feel powerless over my own head.

All these tips are great, yes. But implementing them feels so overwhelming. Especially when you feel this little control over your own thoughts
>>
>>17561559
yeah, it's definitely not easy
try to find and concentrate on the parts you do control at least to some degree
cultivate awareness about what are you thinking about and patterns start to emerge - when I was at school I was always thinking about what to study next, how to study efficiently, how to take notes. After a bit of observation I found out I am terrified of being unprepared in a group of people and after dealing with this, it got much better in this direction
Write a diary daily, if you don't know what to write just describe your day, nobody will read it anyways and after some time, you can do some analysis
>>
>>17561374
thanks. not op but it would be good if i could hear this fuckers voice whenever i start overthinking
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoin at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Posts and uploaded images are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that website. If you need information about a Poster - contact 4chan. This project is not affiliated in any way with 4chan.