[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is it rude to give a two weeks notice through the phone? My supervisor

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

File: Screenshot_20160911-184544.jpg (836KB, 1438x1598px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_20160911-184544.jpg
836KB, 1438x1598px
Is it rude to give a two weeks notice through the phone? My supervisor is not in the same location as my work place (he supervises a number of locations which means he is travelling from location to location). Today is two weeks from when I want to stop working so I'm thinking about calling him and then following up with a formal letter. What do you guys think?
>>
Any help?
>>
>>17560867check your contact.
>>
>>17560867
Sure, but send him an email today as well so it's in writing.
>>
>>17560867

Some people don't even give any warning before they quit. I assume any sort of warning is appreciated, maybe even moreso if it's translated directly instead of with a letter they might not get for a couple of days, giving them less time to prepare your replacement.

If he gets mad that you are calling your work boss to talk to him about important work stuff, that's his problem. What's he gonna do - fire you? Laugh.
>>
>>17560867
Write an email and send that instead sonthat you have record and send it to both your boss and head of whatever department is relavent
>>
>>17560867
An email if fine. Remember, these people took a chance on you, hired you, and paid you. Unless they were reprehensible, give them notice. Put it in writing.
>>
I was going to do a two weeks notice but decided to quit early so I could go on vacation. Told them my new job wanted me to train starting next week and there wasn't anything i could do.

They didn't give a shit. But I only worked there for a month. If you know them personally I'd be a little more delicate.
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoin at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Posts and uploaded images are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that website. If you need information about a Poster - contact 4chan. This project is not affiliated in any way with 4chan.