[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How do I stop focusing on women? I've admittedly never

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

File: 1454813725332.jpg (134KB, 960x960px) Image search: [Google]
1454813725332.jpg
134KB, 960x960px
How do I stop focusing on women?

I've admittedly never really had success with women. The longest I've dated someone was less than 3 months, and I've never had a girlfriend. I've had unsuccessful sex a couple times, but that's about it.

I'm sure that is part of the reason why I'm so focused on them, but I want it to stop altogether. In the past, I've done all sorts of bullshit to try and get their attention, read and gone through PUA shit (though not really going out and applying it since I'm not a fan of clubs/bars) and it's not worked for me simply because I can't keep up with it.

These days I'm trying to do the opposite by focusing on myself and what I want in terms of getting fit, doing hobbies, and all my shit for my schooling. But I'm still finding myself doing it for the reason of getting girls' attention/affections. What's worse, I've been wanting to go full stop focusing on nothing but myself and completely ignoring them in person in order to prove to them that I don't need them with the ass-backwards idea that it'll draw them more toward me.

I know I don't want a relationship now, or for the foreseeable future, and frankly can deal with a lack of sex due to my poor experiences with it, but I'm still compelled to think in terms of how to get them to want me. How can I shift the focus away from them and towards me where it belongs?
>>
Watch movies like 500 days with her, listen to break-up stories of your friends or family.
Then relas and remember: You are single, and still have time to chill.
Then watch a good tv show.
>>
>>17560546

in the physical sense you just dont interact with them. if you catch yourself interacting with them, stop. if you dont realize it til after the fact, it just makes it easier to remember next time.

if you mean in the psychological sense, you dont. unless you find something meaningful to occupy your time, your mind will wander where it wants to wander, which is often girls.
>>
>>17560610
Again, it's not about being single. I want to be single. I don't want a relationship at all. I guess it's me wanting the potential of relationships by winning affections and attention. Even if I did have someone's desire, I wouldn't act on it simply because I don't want to. But I know that external locus for doing shit in life isn't healthy.

>>17560744
Physically that's unfortunately kind of impossible. One of my majors in school is theatre which is filled with a fair number of girls that I have to work with most days.

But do I just keep stumbling through different things until I find that meaningful whatever it is to distract me?
>>
>>17560788

>physically impossible

and by phsyically dont interact with them i mean anymore than necessary. you dont have to flirt. you dont have to be a friend. you just have to do your day to day business. you can interact without flirting, right?

>do i just keep stumbling through different things until balh blah blah

do you not have any passions? goals? dreams?
>>
>>17560795
I mean, I have flirtatious tendencies because a) it's pretty fun for me, and b) flirting is kind of part of the normal social dialogue among people like that. I could stop altogether, but I do need to maintain some connection to these people considering how much I work with them, and in some cases how intimate the kind of work is (when it comes to the acting work).

I do have the goals and dreams, but we run into issues of me doing some of those for the attention of girls (even though they are what I want) and the fact that I do have some free time to let my mind wander back to those thoughts.
>>
>>17560833

ur being really fucking fussy mate.

the answers are here but you are arguing to yourself that its too compelx to NOT flirt with someone, taht its the only way to connect with them.

you got your advice. either take it, or just go be a beta orbiter.
>>
>>17560842
You're right. I'm putting forth of case of having cake and eating it too, but it doesn't seem to be impossible to be able to casually flirt, not want to be involved in romantic shit, and be personally fulfilled enough to not take so much stock in the approval of others. There are people capable of doing this, so I'm wondering how to balance that shit out.
>>
>>17560891

by exploring it. theres no step by step guide or book. its just a part of life.
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.