[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hey /b/! I'm an aspiring screenplay writer. I've written

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 9

File: d92.png (42KB, 165x115px) Image search: [Google]
d92.png
42KB, 165x115px
Hey /b/! I'm an aspiring screenplay writer. I've written down a few ideas and I'd like some feedback. I have access to actors and I live in Utah so I have any setting I want.

I just need you to help to pick what to write. Or if you have any suggestions.
>>
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Thirty-Six_Dramatic_Situations
>>
OK, list your ideas and we'll see what grabs us.
>>
Then post those ideas if you want feedback...
>>
>>
>>17559533

Don't do that. 1. It isn't true, and 2. it's the enemy of creativity to suggest that just whipping something up from the recipe book is adequate.
>>
Two
>>
>>17559539
OP could choose numbers at random out of a hat and construct a story around them.
>>
Three. My last one
>>
>>17559546

That's not creativity famalam.
>>
Guys lets look at the ideas. Stop fighting
>>
>>17559543

This is the best one.
>>
>>17559550
Have you made any money off your writing?
>>
>>17559554

Yes.
>>
>>17559557
THIS IS NOT OP
>>
File: MPW-36689.jpg (48KB, 500x770px) Image search: [Google]
MPW-36689.jpg
48KB, 500x770px
>>17559536
>>17559543
>>17559548

These are all one man productions.
>>
See>>17559561
Lol yea. Idk if I can do more than that
>>
Honestly it sounds like you try too hard to be edgy and have a "moral"
>>
>>17559559

No, it's not, it's the person who wrote >>17559550, which is who you asked.
>>
>>17559569
It's not so much that, it's that I'm not that good at writing and so I use that as a crutch to give it direction
>>
>>17559561

They have a single protagonist/identification figure, but it looks to me like all OP's ideas have roles for other actors.
>>
>>17559579
Op here, they would be for other people. Because I can't act
>>
>>17559579

We call them pigeons.
>>
>>17559574
If you aren't good at writing then maybe writing screen plays is not your thing? Not trying to bring you down, but if you think your writing isn't good you should learn to imrove it instead of conceal that fact.
>>
>>17559585
Eh that's what I'm trying to do. I've written a lot of short things in effort to make it better. But movies are what I love so I figure if I'm going to get better it's going to be by practice. I'm not thinking these are even going to be published
>>
File: 2302660-bij4.jpg (66KB, 473x640px) Image search: [Google]
2302660-bij4.jpg
66KB, 473x640px
>>
>>17559587
Good on you! I think learning by doing is the best way to get better. What else are you doing to imorove?
Your plots all seem to be twists on donnie darko. It also looks like you are pretty much using autobiographical tendencies for all of them. Which is hard to eliminate and also not even 100% necessary. But for a challenge, try to write something that you don't know how it feels. If you can gain enough insight and empathy to be able to write about situations you haven't lived trough on your own, then you can start to really play. For example: try to write from the persepctive of an old woman losing her husband. If you can pull this off and make it feel genuine, you're on the right track. It's comparably easy for a middle aged single woman to write romans about middle aged women datong and falling in love. But try to write a passage about the tormented mind of a teenage girl as an adult man. That takes skills and knowledge about the human mind and heart.
>>
>>17559604
What's donnie darko? And yes actually you're dead on about the autobiography bit I haven't thought about that. I'll start trying to do that.

To pratice I've just been writting a few random little stories and suggestions from my friends.

I haven't really been that serious about this until now
>>
File: donniedarko-24.jpg (41KB, 830x310px) Image search: [Google]
donniedarko-24.jpg
41KB, 830x310px
>>17559618
Donnie Darko is a 2001 film.
>>
>>17559618
It's a movie about basically all the stuff you wrote. Watch it and you know qhat i mean.

You should kewp it up with the wroting. Having an output is very important. Especially if you are able to finish a story! That's a good thing and you should keep it up! Now you should look into stuff that makes a story a good story and also into how to write good
>>
>>17559640
It it's now on my list
>>
>>17559644
Alright, thank you man! You're really helpful. I've written this down and I'll definitely work on it
>>
File: image.jpg (311KB, 800x1223px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
311KB, 800x1223px
>>17559650
For some easy and obvious starters, try pic related
>>
File: (R)__WonderBoys(3).jpg (695KB, 1050x800px) Image search: [Google]
(R)__WonderBoys(3).jpg
695KB, 1050x800px
>>17559646

Have you seen Wonder Boys?

It's about the writing compulsion.
>>
>>17559657
I haven't but it's also on my list now
Thread posts: 35
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.