[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>gf wanted us to go to an opera she was looking forward to

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 67
Thread images: 5

File: 1463821763903.jpg (173KB, 908x1448px) Image search: [Google]
1463821763903.jpg
173KB, 908x1448px
>gf wanted us to go to an opera she was looking forward to it for months
>I hate them and generally want nothing to do with them
>But I agreed because I knew she really wanted to
>Opera starts
>For first part I pretend to enjoy it, she's loving it
>There's an intermission
>Asks if I wanna go talk to some strangers who seemed nice about the Opera (it's not weird in our area)
>I decline
>She goes off and talks to them by herself
>I get annoyed because the only enjoyable part of this whole thing for me was spending time with her and she just went off to talk to some strangers
>generally felt unappreciated considering how I'm willingly subjecting myself to hours of boredom and listening to something I hate because I wanted her to enjoy it
>I know she offered to let me join her, but for some reason that didn't help it at all
>I also know that I was overreacting
>The Opera is starting, she comes back to me, I'm obviously annoyed at her
>She notices but doesn't say anything
>We go back to the Opera, I can't pretend to enjoy it anymore despite my attempts
>I'm very clearly hating every minute of it and annoyed and my girlfriend can tell
>Next intermission
>She asks what's wrong
>I tell her that the only thing I was enjoying out of all this was spending time with her and I was annoyed she left me to talk to some strangers
>She tells me she always talks to strangers at Operas (it's not weird here, but I still think it's a bit autistic)
>Immediately after she tells me she's going to go talk to the same couple
>I hand her the car keys and tell her I'm going home by cab
>I ask why should I stay if she's going to just go off and do her own thing
>She gets angry at me, I decide in an act of self preservation to stay for the rest of the opera
>opera finishes, she's pissed at me, telling me I ruined it for her
>eventually we work it out, but I don't feel bad over it all that much

cont
>>
>I know I overreacted, I do feel bad she didn't enjoy it, but I don't feel any guilt over my involvement in it
>It's not even like I feel my actions were 100% justified, but I feel like even though I disagree with them and wouldn't do them again if I had the chance, I still don't feel any guilt over it
>Even as much as I don't feel I did anything wrong, despite fully recognizing I overreacted and hurt her by ruining her Opera
>On some level I do feel a little bit of resentment for bringing me along to something she knew I hated and then not sticking with me because she wanted to do something else
>But even then that's not the driving force
>I don't feel I did anything wrong, I don't feel any guilt over this. But I know I overreacted, I know (and feel bad) she didn't enjoy it, I know she didn't enjoy it directly because of me, and I don't feel it's driven by negative emotions of her or her actions.

Why don't I feel I did anything wrong? I do love her, but I just don't feel bad over ruining her opera. I feel bad that she didn't enjoy something she was excited about, but not because she didn't enjoy it because of me.
>>
File: Kek_bf4190_5423469.jpg (46KB, 750x547px) Image search: [Google]
Kek_bf4190_5423469.jpg
46KB, 750x547px
>>
You didn't really do anything wrong
Like, you ruined it for her and made something that was bad even worse for you
You both failed
>>
>acts like a big child
>can't even see it
>>
Oh my god. That op pic is too sad for me.
>>
I like classical music and even have played in opera's before in the orchestra. I personally like it, but I know that this stuff is not for everyone.

I understand it's not your thing, but at the same time you could have gone with her to talk to the other people. Or at least you could have gone to the bar and gotten something to get you through the night. Once you agree to do something it is shitty to all of a sudden threaten to leave.

Frankly you shouldn't have gone in the first place. She should have gone alone or found a friend to go with. It's okay for couples to have different interests, you don't have to do everything together.
>>
>>17559046
This.

You ruined it for her but she kinda deserves it for not thinking about you whatsoever. If my boyfriend went with me to something he didn't enjoy I sure as hell would make sure that he's having the least bad time possible. I definitely wouldn't leave him to talk to strangers, even if it was just for a minute or two.

Yeah, you ruined an opera for her. But you were willing to go to something you hated for her sake.

She on the other hand knew you weren't going to enjoy it and spends the time with strangers instead of you. You acted like a child and she acted like an ungrateful bitch.
>>
>She tells me she always talks to strangers at Operas (it's not weird here, but I still think it's a bit autistic)
>socializing with strangers is autistic

I'm a bit confused by this point here. That sounds like the opposite of autism.
>>
>>17559069

socializing is often a big part of the intermissions at operas and things like that. especially smaller productions. not sure how that makes her an 'ungrateful bitch'.
>>
File: Harlequin dance.png (1MB, 1366x768px) Image search: [Google]
Harlequin dance.png
1MB, 1366x768px
Fuck I wish I had an opera/ballet/classical concert buddy. I don't know anyone else that can tolerate it, let alone has an active interest, but it's not really an experience that is very enjoyable doing alone.

Out of curiosity: which opera was it?
>>
>>17559084
>leaves her boyfriend to talk with strangers after he comes to an event he hates for her sake
>attempts to do it again immediately after he explains that it upset him
>>
>>17559093
He didn't have to go, she probably invited him and he reluctantly agreed. Just like she invited him to follow her as she socialized. He overreacted and was ruining the event for her, why would she want to stay near him?
>>
>>17559101
If my boyfriend came with me to something I knew he hated, I wouldn't leave his side and I'd try my best to help him enjoy it. That's just the principle of it.
>>
>>17559093
>goes to an opera
>her boyfriend starts to complain about being at the opera
>they're still at the opera
What's your point
>>
>>17559114
You don't have a boyfriend
>>
>manbaby OP can't hide his displeasure for a couple hours
>cunt girlfriend leaves him after he went with her to something he disliked to talk to people she doesn't know

you two deserve each other
>>
>>17559114
I don't give one shit what you would do with your boyfriend. That doesn't excuse OP's overreaction to her perfectly normal behavior. If he hates opera, that's on him. If he wants to whine about not spending time with her, maybe he should've followed her. If I have an event that I love, that I personally look forward to, I'm going to try my best to not let someone else ruin it for me because of their issues. It's about having some goddamn self-respect.
>>
You're both idiots for being bothered at little things. Oh no a few hours at an activity you don't like. It's just an evening, we have to be gentle with women, you know how they are.

>>17559090
Ditto here. I like plays and can only really go alone.
>>
>>17559131
>perfectly normal behavior

Come on, sure OP overreacted and acted like a bitch but who the fuck drags someone to something they're going to hate and not even talk to them

>but she offered to bring him along to talk

No. That's a bullshit excuse. Assuming OP's girlfriend knew he hates operas then she'd know he'd hate talking about them to opera snobs. There was no reason to ask him to go if she wasn't even gonna spend time with him.
>>
>>17559131
>leaving boyfriend who attended something just for you because he didn't want to talk to strangers about something he obviously doesn't care about
>perfectly normal behavior
>>
>>17559156
>>17559160
She didn't drag him to anything. He's a grown adult that's fully capable of saying no when he knows he hates that kind of thing. He just wanted to make her as miserable as he was.
>>
>>17559170
It's called appreciation.

Someone spends their time doing something they hate just for you, you appreciate it and at least talk to them over talking to strangers.
>>
>>17559059
>Frankly you shouldn't have gone in the first place.

I agreed to it because I agreed to another event that was a part of it and I had no clue the opera was a part of it. By the time I found out it was too late to back out.

>>17559072
Well I mean would you go out on the street and start conversations with strangers?

>>17559090
Honestly I wasn't paying attention enough to remember
>>
File: valkyries.jpg (137KB, 600x853px) Image search: [Google]
valkyries.jpg
137KB, 600x853px
>>17559190
Well, I wouldn't go talk to strangers on the street because I'm a 4chan using introvert. But the type of person who would probably isn't autistic- autism is marked by poor socialization skills, and talking freely, comfortably, and successfully to strangers is a mark of good socialization. But I'm just splitting hairs here because "autism" as a buzzword has lost so much of its real meaning it now leaves me confused.

Also an opera intermission is a social event where you can go meet new people, like a party where nobody knows eachother. They even almost always have a bar, which is handy for all the people dragged there that might want some alcohol to get them through the whole thing.
>>
>>17559031
is that picture real?
It's nightmare fuel to think that people like her actually feel that way.
>>
Iike everyone has aIready said OP, you both are in the wrong.
You overreacted but she was quite seIfish about the whoIe thing.

Have you taIked to her about it since? What happened when you taIked about it?
>>
>>17559031
You're both a bit selfish. I lean towards your side but it depends on how you expressed your feelings. Name calling and anger is not ok but if you simply said you would like to just sit and enjoy her then she overreacted.
>>
>>17559031
You're an asshole, but a curable one. One of the things lovers do for each other is go along with what the other likes, getting your enjoyment from her enjoyment. It's a small sacrifice with a big payoff ("I feel good because I made her happy"). Result- everybody wins.

But you chose instead to ruin her evening, to make her have as bad a time as you were having. Result - everybody loses.

Just to shift gears, do you really think that absolutely everything she does in bed with you is a thrill to her? Is it possible that she does some things because she likes the fact that you like them?
>>
Reminder that even a whiny manchild faggot like OP can get a gf. You have no excuse.
>>
>>17559084
Why not stay with her boyfriend and socialize with him instead of leaving him alone and going to talk to strangers?
>>
>>17559031
I was overreacting

No you were being a spoiled child. You were determined to be miserable and wanted her to be miserable too
>>
>>17559031
>Why don't I feel I did anything wrong?
Besides being a selfish asshole?
>>
When you commit to doing something like this you have to commit 100%

When it comes to doing something you like, you should expect the same commitment from her
>>
>all the people saying they're both wrong
fucking lmao
OP was being a straight little punk bitch plain and simple.
if he really didn't want to go, then he shouldnt have, she invited him along to every portion of the event with her, its not as if he had to speak to strangers also, all he needed to do was go with her and be her arm candy.
and then to get upset because she was socializing....what the actual fuck
>>
>>17559031
>>17559033
>Why don't I feel I did anything wrong?
Because you're selfish.
Also, like a lot on this thread said, a manchild whinny bitch.
>>
You half assed it. You already went to the damn thing knowing you wouldn't enjoy but then it's too much to talk with other people actually enjoying it? You should have either said no from the start or gone with her instead of sitting alone. Now you didn't sacrifice anything since you gained nothing from it.
>>
>people genuinely think the girl did nothing wrong

Bitch if I'm going somewhere I hate just for you then at least talk to me during the intermission
>>
>>17559969
Because those strangers were likely to be more passionate about the show than OP and so have more interesting points to make.
>>
>>17559260
This.

OP overreacted hard.

His girlfriend is selfish and tactless.

End of thread.
>>
>>17560217
Those strangers didn't attend an opera they hate just to make her happy. She at least could've talked to OP during the intermission or at least for half of it or something.
>>
>>17559031
>generally felt unappreciated considering how I'm willingly subjecting myself to hours of boredom and listening to something I hate because I wanted her to enjoy it
>I do love her, but I just don't feel bad over ruining her opera.

Could have swallowed your little bitch-sulk and earned yourself a night of thank-you-fuckin, but no.
>>
I go to shit all the time with my wife that I don't care about.

She does the same for me.

We try to meet half way on it but have agreed that it's fucking dumb to ruin an event you like because the other isn't having a good time.

We joke often about our different interests and drag each other to shit all the time.

You're both immature as shit.

Complaining about being fucking bored is so god damned childish I can't even sympathize with you.
>>
>>17559248
yeah its real. she posted on 4chan a couple times.

shes dead inside. couldnt feel more sorry for her.
>>
>>17559190
Holy shit, this is my first time on this board and I have to ask, are people really this retarded? Is it a joke or is this autist actually serious? Kill yourself. Either don't go in the first place or sack up and be an adult.
>>
>>17560002
This, if you're still here OP. It sounds like while you went in trying to enjoy it you also went in knowing you'll hate it, it sets a bad tone for the night and ensures you'll turn into a salty bitch sooner. I go to operas in place of movies if there's no movies I want to see, and talking to strangers at intermission is about as normal as braking at a stop sign while driving. You chose not to be a part of the regular song and dance of going to an opera and it's not her fault you missed out, nor is it her obligation to miss out on a part of the experience for you when if roles were reversed and she was having a shit time, it'd be her own fault for turning down the opportunity to go get a drink at the very least. Tbh, you should of just gone with her because it probably would of meant a lot to her and been potentially the only redeeming thing about the experience for you to recharge your patience. Odds are if you didn't act like a kid being a salty brat the experience might not of turned into something where she may of regretted asking you to come to something she has an interest in altogether- I know when I invite people out and they fuck it up for me they don't get invited out as often and if they repeatedly ruin it probably not ever again- and that isn't going to make for a solid relationship in the long run whether she's like that or not.
>>
>>17560216
What, about how much you hate the show, want to leave, are being a buzzkill, and being a general little whiny bitch complete with the sour face to the point she knows you're in a fucked mood the moment she sees him? Odds are after the intermission she ended up just saying "I'm not going to let him ruin this for me" and decided to ignore him. If someone is set on having a bad time and being in a bad mood why should they be let drag your own down?
>>
>>17559248
>>17560451
Screencaps? I've seen the initial one but I'm wondering if there's more of her.
>>
>>17559190
>agrees to go to event but doesn't look into enough to realize it's attached to an opera long enough to have TWO intermissions
Man, that is your entire evening that you just went off to not knowing what you'd be doing. An intermission is usually spaced every hour and a half or so. The fact that there were two sounds like the performance might've been about 4 hours long.

>spends the whole first two segments (so maybe 3 hours) watching it but never even learns the title or story
This is why you didn't enjoy it. You didn't even give it a chance. It's like that kid in gym class assigned to play a sport but he just stands still on the sidelines and ignores the ball being passed to him. Of course he doesn't enjoy the game: he's not playing it. You wasted an opportunity to try something new. You didn't watch an opera with your gf. You sat next to your gf while she watched it.

It sounds like you may have trouble with planning skills or absorbing your surroundings if you could go to and leave the experience that clueless.
>>
>>17560179
this. op is in the wrong. i mean the chick is dumb but she played her cards right. op didn't do the novel thing and it's all his fault.
>>
>>17560212
exactly. this is the type of couple who goes out and they end up being all angry and tired the whole time. they then lash out on others around them.
>>
>>17560330
dude op is the batman he just doesn't know it yet.
>>
>>17559031

You...think starting up a conversation with other people at an event is "autistic?"
>>
>>17559031
>>17559033

You posted this already, what answer are you looking for that you didn't get the first time?
>>
>>17559033
because you don't care. i mean how hard is it to answer your own question?
>Why don't i feel I did anything wrong?
because you don't believe you did anything wrong and don't feel wrong at all.
you need to start asking logical questions rather than dancing around your own mental filth in order to get similar answers pounded into you.
>>
File: Think about it.jpg (25KB, 520x372px) Image search: [Google]
Think about it.jpg
25KB, 520x372px
Holy shit.

Okay, first off you're a baby for not clearly telling her what's wrong. Then you're autist and a baby for sitting there pouting and not going to talk to other Opera people. This is classic men and women. The woman wants to be a socialite in a cultural environment and the man goes with her to be with her while also hoping to find another guy or at least get in on an interesting conversation.

Second, I get it. Opera isn't for everyone. But you do see that you're girlfriend was trying to share something important to her with you and you sperged out on her. You could have at least made a deal with her where she'd have to try something you enioy that she may be turned off to.

Now, the functional couple will learn to love, or at least appreciate, these kind of things because they are important to the person they care so much about. Dysfunctional couples will force each other to go to things they know the other hates out of a mix of spite and laziness (laziness at not talking througj yhis shit and improving the relationship).

Third, your geentext is shit.
>>
Because you didn't do anything wrong. She was being a bitch, brought you to something you didn't want to go to, and basically abandons you for strangers.

She was being selfish.
>>
>I don't feel my actions were justified

But you do. She fucked up and you think that excuses your fuck up. It doesn't, it makes you both shit. You should've just walked out of the opera the monent she left.

Why would she bring you along if she was just going to leave you, I have to ask? Don't take this the wrong way OP but you obviously lack subtlety, she had to know that you wouldn't enjoy it and wouldn't want to talk with strangers about it. What did she gain by bringing you along, a ride home? Not like you can talk during the opera, she obviously didn't want to talk to you during the intermission, why did she want you there?
>>
>>17561701
Wrong. She tried to make it work with him there, but when OP decided to be a big baby about the whole thing she decided to not let it ruin her night. Talking to people about the opera is a part of the experience, not a break from it like some people are inferring. OP is the only one in the wrong here. When you date and love someone, you make these kind of sacrifices for them to make them happy, not shit on them when you don't get your way.
>>
>>17561813
op is a narc. he's one of those dudes who is out with his girl in a public place and he just looks upset and tired the whole time, complaining about shit. then he lashes out on people. but it's HIM that is the problem and he can choose to just not show up and project negativity.
>>
>>17561813
>she tried to make it work

What? By leaving him when he didn't want to talk to complete strangers? How exactly does that scream "making it work" to you? No, it's "I want to do my own thing with a complete disregard for my boyfriend".

>talking to people about the opera is a part of the experience

Oh boohoohoo, you have to talk to your boyfriend about it instead of people you don't know, the horror! How would OP's girlfriend ever survive?

>sacrifice

OP did sacrifice for his girlfriend by going with her in the first place. Where was her sacrifice? She wanted to talk with strangers about it rather than her boyfriend who up to this point has been acting like they enjoyed it. He didn't. So she fucked right off and left him there alone.

People saying the girl did nothing wrong are fucking white knights. If the genders were reversed and OP was a female who sulked and acted like a child because their boyfriend went off and left them because he wanted to do something she didn't, you'd be much more sympathetic to her.
>>
>>17560451
>>17559248
What's amazing is that her hair & fashion sense is still a million times better than "normal" girls.
>>
>>17561957

She asked him if he wanted to talk to the strangers. He said no, probably left out the fact that she could probably tell he was pouting the whole time. Instead of talking to her boyfriend who couldn't give two shits about this and just wanted to go home, she went to enjoy herself and not deal with OP's childish antics. That's called trying to make the situation work. Not her fault if OP wanted to sulk the whole time.

See point 1. What's the point in talking to somebody who's going to bitch about the situation when you can talk to people who actually enjoy the activity? Plenty of other times to talk to OP about anything else. Not fair to rob the gf of this experience just because, again, OP was a little bitch about it.

Sacrifice doesn't need to be met with immediate sacrifice from the other party. Who's to say she didn't sacrifice some time before or after this event? Guaranteed if my significant other was acting childish because they weren't getting their way, I'd act the same way as the gf did by doing what I intended on doing and dealing with the childish behavior afterwards. Who is to say that OP gets to control any part of her life, let alone who she gets to talk to out in public? He had an invitation to join her. He said no. He could have joined her at any point, yet he didn't and complained when she wouldn't talk to him during this time. That's all on him.

There is hardly any sign of white knighting here, if any. OP could have kept the genders as A and B and the replies would still be the same. I'm just as sympathetic in this scenario than the one you presented as I do not care in the least bit who is the bf and who is the gf. How about you lay off of the edge and realize that relationships are about give and take, not demand and anger. OP's girl gave him every chance to participate and talk, but he didn't. He has no right to complain about her actions.
>>
>>17559055

I hope it isn't real :(

OP, I agree with everyone..you acted like a child..and she was ungrateful for your presence...she should have spent that time with you especially as she has other opportunities in the future to do that..she should have made the experience more pleasant for you..
>>
Picture is so fake..it is a guy dressed up as a girl...his neck is covered by the turtleneck so it doesn't show his adam's apple
>>
>>17559248
I want an update on the girl in the OP

Also, OP,next time drink a few beers and get a nice buzz going. You might enjoy yourself a bit more
>>
>>17559031
You acted like an asshole, dude. If you can't even tolerate the things she likes, she will just find someone who can.
Thread posts: 67
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.