[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Should you never settle, even if it means dying alone? >rejected

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 4

File: image.jpg (125KB, 1252x1252px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
125KB, 1252x1252px
Should you never settle, even if it means dying alone?

>rejected by literal dream woman six months ago
>sounds childish but live in a rural state and 0% chance I'll meet anyone like her again
>>
You shouId do whatever makes you happy anon.
Even if it means 'settIing' so what? If she's a wonderfuI person and you enjoy her company very much, what difference does it make if she isn't a 10/10?
Just do whatever makes you happy man.
>>
File: 1473068741094.jpg (128KB, 845x1060px) Image search: [Google]
1473068741094.jpg
128KB, 845x1060px
I have no problem dying alone. I was born that way.
>>
That is up to you to decide.
>>
File: Top_All.png (1MB, 1381x1187px) Image search: [Google]
Top_All.png
1MB, 1381x1187px
Oldfag suggestion: Have more than one girlfriend; one hottie for fucking, one smart girl for convos, one nerd for gaming.
>>
File: 1473550396109.jpg (23KB, 480x444px) Image search: [Google]
1473550396109.jpg
23KB, 480x444px
>>17558716
>rejected by one girl

>6th months ago

And what have you done to improve yourself since then?
>>
I personally believe that you should never settle, even if it means dying alone.

There's a minimum attractiveness you want in a girl, and then it's all about personality. I think it's fairly reasonable.

>>17559056
>UGUUUU~
Shirobako did look funny though.
>>
>>17558716
>rejected by literal dream woman six months ago
Too bad. Move on.
>sounds childish but live in a rural state and 0% chance I'll meet anyone like her again
You're blinding yourself. Don't do that to yourself, it's pointless.
>>
>>17559056
>This post
>This image

How old are you? 22?
>>
>>17558716

I'm very content to live on my own long term. I have lots of flings but can't imagine dating for more than like two months at most. its just the kind of person I am.

in my opinion its way better to be alone than with someone you dont get along with. however 'settling' doesn't have to mean being with the first person who says yes. it doesnt have to mean being with someone you dont legitimately enjoy.

i dont score 10/10s in hotness but i find my partners attractive, and even the ones i legit catch feelings for might just be barely above 'average' looking. but if theres a connection and a sense of attraction and i enjoy spending time with them, thats all that matter.
>>
I think so. I mean, I date a lot of people and none of them meet my standards. I don't feel shit for them, I don't enjoy being around them, so what the hell. And it's been a LOT of people. For now I'm not sweating it. I don't want children anyway, and I like living on my own. It would be a bitch and a half to find someone who shares my goals and lifestyle preferences.

Is loneliness even real or is it a social construct? If I get laid now and then it fills the need for me. I can get sex fine, so what do I need a partner for?

Maybe if one comes along who I actually like, sure. But why not just go forth with my life plans? As long as I'm not stressed for money I can be happy on my own.
>>
>>17560789

many people never thought of life outside of relationships. not just romantic ones, but as a whole.

most of the 'dreams' and 'goals' and 'aspirations' and 'plans' that people have are more or less imaginary. anyone who dates seriously rarely has time to actually work towards something meaningful unless their job is fully dedicated to it already.

most peopls 'goals' are no different than a child saying he wants to be an astroanaut. they are fantasies, passing fancies, ideal scenarios.

instead they focus on who they date and who they hang out with and then what they do to relax.

so those who realize that their not capable of getting the relationship they want find themselves being lonely (re: bored and unfulfilled)
>>
>>17560825

I like how you think. I hate people who sit around wishing and dreaming and never take a step to achieve what they want.

I have a plan for mine and am on my way to fulfilling it. Fully researched and financially proofed. Even a timeline to get there and a lot of detail work.

God damn I hate people who sit around and say they want this and that and to do this and that, and never get off their ass. You're right, they just use relationships and kids to supplicate for their failed dreams. They're trash.
>>
There is nothing wrong with dying alone, never settle otherwise you will end up in a marriage that is destined to fail, be miserable or really fucking boring.
Marry the girl of your dreams or being alone.

There is nothing wrong with being single no matter how much society and your dick tells you otherwise.
>>
>>17561002

i wouldn't say they are trash. i think its more rare than couples let on, but some people are fulfilled by loving relationships with each other and with kids.

but yeah i cant date for more than a short while without it being a distraction. therea re different balances depending on what you are pursuing. you could reasonably date and do your passion. or you could have friends and do your passion.

the problem with dating is there comes a point where twice aweek isnt enough, but its hard to maintain friends and projects after that. even twice a week is too distracting for me.

but others find ways.

but ultimately, yeah. the idea of achieving things is becoming a joke.
>>
Here is something I can promise you I've learned from personal experience and not a self-help book.

There is no such thing as a "one true love" or a "best love" or anything like that. There was no one made for you. There may be someone out there that you have a relationship so good with, who you click so well with, that you may think that the good Lord put you together personally.

But, think for a moment. If you were in your absolute best mood, filled with as much happiness as you could possibly be at that moment, you'd probably find it pretty easy to get along with anyone so long as they weren't rude or abrasive, right? And if you were in a good mood and relaxed, they'd probably find it pretty easy to get along with you, even if there was no super strong attraction or even many common interests.

It's the same with relationships. Forget about dream girls. What is settling? Understanding that a 10/10 dude or chick doesn't mean they have a 10/10 personality? The older you get, the more likelihood that the more attractive people have baggage that's prevented them from being scooped up anyway. It's like a wise man once said, "You know, there's a million fine looking women in the world, dude. But they don't all bring you lasagna at work. Most of 'em just cheat on you."
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.