[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

When choosing how you look, which is more important: being what

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 4

File: bald.jpg (24KB, 303x267px)
bald.jpg
24KB, 303x267px
When choosing how you look, which is more important: being what others see as beautiful, or being what you find beautiful?

I've always found bald heads to be super attractive, but never had the guts to shave mine. I've got hair that goes down to my elbows, and get quite a few compliments on it. I floated the idea around a few of my friends of shaving my head, and they warn me that I'd instantly regret it and would look horrible.

I'm so tempted to just do it, but I'm a coward.
>>
>>17558287
Are you thin? You can pull it off with the right home structure (your pic is related, also muscled women), but it looks awful on fat or average women.

If you aren't sure, just do it. It'll grow back. I work with a chemo patient who lost all her hair and it's grown back in under 6 months. Looked especially cute coming back in.
>>
>>17558303
Goddamn phone. *bone structure.
>>
In worst case scenario you could buy a wig. In best case scenario you'll be super happy with your decision and feel confident in yourself. Hair grows back
>>
>>17558287
A short guide to making drastic changes to your appearance
>Decide if you want to make a change and think about for up to a year if it is a massive change
You might want to shave your head because someone popular did it, you might want to do it because you want a drastically different look

>Consider the effects of it
Will it affect your relationship/job?
Will it affect you physically? e.g. having a cold head or needing to wear hats

>Consider a way out
If you want a reason to do it, maybe try shaving your head for charity, if you regret it then you can tell people "I did it for charity" and it won't look so stupid.
>>
Just do it, you want to. It's an interesting change, gives you more perspective and you'll learn more about yourself through it.

I've shaved my head multiple times, usually after a year or so growing it out to shoulder length. I originally did it because I was having anxiety and image problems, but also because I wanted to see what I looked like and had no money to go to a barber for a real haircut (something I detest). Afterwards, I couldn't stop smiling whenever I saw myself in the mirror, and the sensation of my stubbly hair (I used a razor to go full skinhead) was amazing to feel. It relaxed me and made me feel happier in my skin. Whenever people asked me why I did it, I just told them the truth, because I wanted to.
>>
>>17558287
Obviously what others think is beautiful is more important since other people interact with you and change how they do that based on your appearance. No one gives a shit how pretty you feel inside.
>>
Your head is probably lumpy as fuck. I shaved my head once in high school. Never again
>>
>>17558303
>You can pull it off with the right home structure (your pic is related

She looks horrid though. That is not the right bone structure.
>>
File: 1473176099158.png (88KB, 640x1136px) Image search: [Google]
1473176099158.png
88KB, 640x1136px
>>17558287
>>
Relies on your point of view about life,
Do you want to look intimidating? Shave your head, grow a beard.
Do you want to look attractive? Find what fits you the most
Do you want to look in X way because you think you look cool in that? Just do it

To be honest physical looks doesnt really matter unless you want other people to care about you
>>
File: short.jpg (229KB, 1100x1528px) Image search: [Google]
short.jpg
229KB, 1100x1528px
Try (really) short hair first. It's not as extreme but it can tell if you have a good bone structure to go bald
>>
File: 1472727567126.png (83KB, 276x322px) Image search: [Google]
1472727567126.png
83KB, 276x322px
>>17558287

>When choosing how you look, which is more important: being what others see as beautiful, or being what you find beautiful?

It all boils down to motivation.

Its completely natural to want to be attractive to other people but when pleasing the eyes of everyone around you shapes who you are you've lost yourself.

At the same time being mindlessly contrary and trying so hard to be unique that you stick out like a sore thumb simply for the sake of saying "fuck you, look at me, I dress weird because I don't care what you think" is a little obnoxious as well.

Its difficult finding a happy medium between the both but its important, at every step of developing your identity, to stop and ask yourself why you do what you do.

Being a bit trendy is fine. Being a bit out there is also fine. Do what makes you happy but always maintain perspective.
>>
>>17558432
Sounds like you'd agree with >>17558428
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.