[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Do people ever actually grow up, or do you just accept that nobody

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

File: image.jpg (58KB, 680x684px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
58KB, 680x684px
Do people ever actually grow up, or do you just accept that nobody will ever look after you again and then just spend the rest of your life doing whatever it takes to make it stop hurting?
>>
I just want someone to care that I've been a good boy all day.

And I don't know how to make this feeling stop.
>>
No, they actually grow up. Sure, the feeling of missing those careless days will never completely vanish. But it will only bubble up very rarely anymore after a while. What helps is to fully accept your responsibilities. Usually that comes when you have kids on your own
>>
>>17558413
When does it wear off?

I can't have kids.
>>
>>17558460
Why can't you have kids?
For me, i have been brought up to be independent and capable of caring for myself instead of relying on others to do stuff for me i can do on my own. So i had a good foundation for being an adult. Then i had a kid and over night i was responsible for another human being so stuff like being able to keep up with chores, paper works, budget wisely, keeping a steady job and so on became a no-brainer.
If you don't have kids i don't know where you should get the motivation from to be a self-sustaining being. Especially if you haven't been raised to be independent. I guess you can only try to be capable for the sake of being capable then. Which i doubt is enough motivation to keep you going
>>
>>17558476
Medical reasons. I can impregnate a woman roughly at the same odds as she could do it all by herself.

So you just try to resist the urge to scream, cry or hurt yourself, indefinitely, forever, knowing that the empty universe truly does not care whether you will or won't?
>>
>>17558487
That sucks. You might need something else you can care for. What about getting a pet that needs you? A puppy or a kitten maybe? Or if you aren't already, get into a relationship. In a good one, you should care about each other. And this might be the ground needed to contemplate adoption. I truly think that caring for a kid is something that greatly reforms your character and is basically vital for a human to reach true maturity. I'm sorry to say that to someone that's medically unable to reproduce, but i think you should try to find a substitute for that or you'll still be a manchild at 60.

Why do you have the urge to cry, scream or hurt yourself? Are you lonely? Do you feel abandoned or that you aren't important to anyone?
>>
>>17558518
Pretty much all of that. And getting into a relationship isn't really an option.

My family - mum and siblings, that is - they need me, and I can't think of the idea of having even more responsibility.

I keep daydreaming about ending up in an accident and going to a hospital, spending a little time being the one being cared for, again.
>>
>>17558533
Ah well, i know that feel. It's when you are overwhelmed with your responsibilities. Why are you responsible for your mom and siblings? That doesn't sound right. It sounds like you should learn to take responsibility for your own wellbeing first and learn to care for yourself too. Imagine yourself as a gas station. Everyone needing and wanting something from you is like a car getting his tank filled by you. It's alright, as long as you get a load of new gas frequently. If you don't get fuelled up yourself, that works well for a finite amount of time but then it suddenly all crashes and burns. You need to understand that in order to provide a nurturing care for others you need to first make sure you have a "full tank" to do so or you'll burn out faster than you think.
>>
>>17558565
But that's not how life works.

Nobody ever has a full tank. You just keep yourself and your loved ones from dying and scrape by.
>>
>>17558573
That's not true. That's a question of attitude, really. I agree that probably 90% of adults never have a FULL tank but you also don't need that. It not being empty is already an achievemt and greatly improves your experience of life. But most people's outlook and attitude actually actively drains their tanks instead of filling it. Even if it is just drips, it adds up if you drain or fill.
>>
>>17558252
How old are you OP?

I take joy in caring for someone, but I expect the same in return. It ebbs and flows as to who's the one getting babied, especially depending on outside factors.
From your post here >>17558533
it sounds pretty one-sided. A decent girl (or guy, idk what you're into) wouldn't be just another burden. Anyone worth their salt would lessen the pressure on you, and you on them. Sounds like you've got a lot on your plate with no help :(
>>
>>17558607
I'm 22.

My sister is sick and mum can't look after her alone, they just don't have resources for me and I can't afford to drain anyone else, either.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.