[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How does one changes his thinking patterns if he finds outside

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 2

File: old_philosopher_by_intervain.jpg (246KB, 850x1000px) Image search: [Google]
old_philosopher_by_intervain.jpg
246KB, 850x1000px
How does one changes his thinking patterns if he finds outside world meaningless? I want to find passion but then i realize that i'm just absolute zero who can bring meaningful impact onto the world.
>>
>>17558079

if there was a step by step guide, you wouldn't feel the desire to ask the question, would ya?

philosophy / spirituality has been a personal journey for every single person who has ever existed. we use broad terms like existentialism, or nihilism or even different religions to summarize the ideas we feel most comfortable with, but no two people agree exactly on what every little aspect of each of those mean.

theres a few apparent typos in your post but im going to assume you mean certain thigns and go from there

>im an absolute zero who cannot bring meaningful impact onto the world

a big issue here is that you assume men or people or beings are meant to bring 'impact' to the world, and by impact i mean what you probably mean by 'meaningful impact', as in, somethign that will effect the majority of hte world in a noticeable way.

there is no reason to assume anyone is 'meant' to do this, or really anything. if you believe in no god, no spirit, no bigger plan, than anyone who 'changed the world' did it out of odd luck and circumstance, not out of any sense of destiny or any desire to change the world. no one does the thing they did that changed the world in order to change the world. it just happens.

people simply do what they want to do. sometimes in the casual sense (just being a mom, or running a business) and sometimes in the greater sense (fighting for the rights of others, taking down the government, etc.).

but 'changing the world' never gave anyone a lasting sense of fulfillment. we are not movies, waiting for one moment of destiny to give us permanent feelings of bliss.

life will always continue to move and you will always look for the 'next step'.

you arent dead or killing yourself, so where you stand now, finding the meaning in life is the meaning of your life.
>>
>>17558114
>>17558114
>if there was a step by step guide, you wouldn't feel the desire to ask the question, would ya?
Yes i would because i would think whenever it's universal guide or it's personal one.
>'meaningful impact'
To some extent i agree to you but there's a good part that person could tell himself that he's been doing action which could be called meaningful by himself.
>killing yourself
That's up for a question, i've been feeling out of place since childhood like there's something wrong with me fundamentally.
I wish i could start finding meaning in life but i have no dreams or goals. Nothing interests me that much that i could start achieving it. The worst thing that there's something inside which is slowly boiling.
>>
>>17558137

what? is english your second language?
>>
>>17558143
>is english your second language?
Yes
>>
>>17558149

cool, then please re elaborate / re explain tihs:
>To some extent i agree to you but there's a good part that person could tell himself that he's been doing action which could be called meaningful by himself.

well start there
>>
>>17558156
It might not be worldwide revolution but it should be meaningful enough that person could say - "It sure felt meaningful".
>>
>>17558161

but you could say that about being an old woman playing video games for the first time. you can say that about being a thirty year old man watching a movie for the 50th time.

the core belief behind 'existentialism' is that it is our choices that give our lives meaning. and even choosing to believe its meaningful makes it meaningful to you.

those who changed the world arent even remembered all taht well, and its not like they can enjoy that in their death.

doing what makes you happy and makes you feel meaningful is all that matters. not a single act, but a lifetime of everything.
>>
>>17558195
So essentially Existentialism is a way out of this mess? How about Absurdism? Thing is that I'd need to change my thinking from this reality sucks and therefore I suck also to this reality sucks but atleast I could enjoy this sucking till death calls me. I realize that I wont be that "eternal happy-go-lucky optimist" but there's no button to change these lifestyles.
>>
>>17558208

you can change the way you see the world, it takes a conscious effort. i used to be a lot like you. just kinda sad, miserable, worlds out to get me, boohoo.

then i made the conscious decision that i want to be happy. so i thought about what things would make me happy, went for it realistically, and im a pretty happy and fulfilled dude.

i was at a wedding this weekend and everyone had to go up to the bridge to smoke pot to have a good time. i was content to just stand on the bridge and blow bubbles.
>>
>>17558223
but how did you achieved it despite grim reality breathing into your neck? Do you outright ignore it?
>>
>>17558225

what grim reality? i cant speak for where you live, but i live in america so things are pretty great here.

thats not to say america is this perfect wonderland, but I built my life around what i like.
>>
>>17558225
>>17558240

and of course, appreciating what you have in front of you. I'm the kind of guy who walks home from work and just thinks 'wow the clouds look nice today'. i watch almost every single sunset. just being on /adv/ and seeing someone say 'thank you' makes the entire day feel great.

when a day is just completely normal, i feel like its great.
>>
>>17558240
>i cant speak for where you live
It has the highest suicide rate in Europe, so maybe there's something.
>>
>>17558247

sure, but what is the 'grim reality' that makes YOU sad specifically.
>>
If we see it from the most logical point, everything is pretty much pointless, our existence, our surroundings, the entire universe itself, and other concepts, but that's not the point, it's logical to think that you should follow what we call the "truth", but in the end the "truth" is just a path that blind people decide to take, the true answer is being a watcher, knowking the universal truth but in the same time knowing that you can't live based on that, that in the end we are more than animals, that we are not humans, we are not one of them, we are the next step, the males and females that decide to use their entire intelligence for their good, those that wouldn't have a problem with contributing the society, if there was one... those that understand that we're doomed and thus they embrace this machine out of control, those are the true man, those are the evolution, dispersed around the world, doomed to never know eachother, probably to never ever find anyone that understands them, they remain in the dark, pretending to be one of them, while laughing about the truth seekers, that's the point of life, is meaningless after all, but in the end, we're kinda humans, don't be a truthseeker, neither a human, be something else my friend, be more!

So you want recognizion? How does it matter if you impact or not the world? Passions are not about recognizion, rather than that they are about just enjoying them, you already found yours, just chose, do what you find fun, what makes you smile, what makes you, well... you..
>>
>>17558257
>'grim reality'
genetic are beyond your control, you cant choose childhood surroundings or parents.
>Passions are not about recognizion, rather than that they are about just enjoying them, you already found yours, just chose, do what you find fun, what makes you smile, what makes you, well... you
I wish I'd have that but I don't, otherwise I wouldn't be asking it.
>>
>>17558295

>genetic are beyond your control

what is your genetic situation? downs? severe autism? whats your disability?

>cant choose childhood surroundings or parents

no, but you can choose what happens when you move away from that. we all have childhood shit, a lot of peoples are worse than mine, but mine is worse than a lot of peoples.

but as an adult i have control over how i react to it. its all in the past. no reason to be sad about it now. and i dont need them in my life, so i enjoy life without them.

>I wish I'd have that but I don't, otherwise I wouldn't be asking it.

are you depressed because you have teh opportunity to explore yourself? the best part of trying something new is that its new. sure the fulfillment continues long after, but trying new thigns to see if you like them is not a bad thing.
>>
>>17558313
>what is your genetic situation? downs? severe autism? whats your disability?
I don't have anything serious but I'm talking that you don't have control over those things overall.
>are you depressed because you have teh opportunity to explore yourself?
Not because of that. It's more like I've tried a lot things but in the end nothing sticks to me. Now I don't have even the slightest interest to try something new because why bother when you know what's going to happen.
>>
>>17558330

the fact taht you dont have control over it is the 'grim reality' ? thats not grim reality. its just reality. grim reality is being born with some severe disability.

>I've tried ltos of thigns

like what? be real, what have you reached completion on?

>why bother

to be honest anon, it sounds like you want to be depressed. its pretty common. tumblr has 'opression' contests, but 4chan has its 'depression' contests.

you've already decided how you're going to react to things you've never experienced yet. you made the promise to keep yourself sad, cuz thats the only thing that makes you special.

take away your sadness, and waht do you have? nothing.

but thats okay. just try new things.

but stop making threads if you 'already know' how they're going to end. you came here looking to say no to advice.

why waste our time?
>>
>>17558343
>why waste our time?
That's the thing because I'm walking contradiction because despite saying "why bother" is still want to cling on hope that something might change. Maybe some thought will start a radical sequence in me or maybe someone will recommend doing something and it also end up changing me. I just want to change my thinking into - yeah this reality sucks and there's probably no meaning in this life but atleast I could do some fine things and enjoy this short ride, but I cant because there's a voice (not schizo just inner one) which tells - you know the truth about meaningless so why are you deluding yourself?
>>
>>17558355

i think your issue here is that you think reality sucks.

some peoples reality sucks but you've proven over and over again across ten posts that your reality doesn't suck.

you do.

you want something to change you? start with changing yourself.
>>
>>17558367
>start with changing yourself
That's what I've been asking in this thread. How does one changes? Complete personality shift is impossible.
>>
>>17558373

uh huh. sure. lets just keep repeating ourselves.
>>
>>17558384
We don't need that as long as there's a way to gain interest into doing things.
>>
>>17558392

i was being sarcastic mate. just re read the thread. you got all the info i can give on this, and no one else seems willing to comment.

if you want to be happy, go prove it. try. but giving up on things you havent even thought of trying yet tells us you WANT to be sad.

good luck with that.
>>
>>17558355
Wut? If everything is meaningless why don't you kill yourself? Yea because it will probalby hurt. So if you have to be alive, why don't enjoy yourself and do shit that you enjoy, and when you at it why not be good at that shit? Also why do you think you are zero? Other people are just like you. Jesus fuck just enjoy the living with whatever you have at your disposal. Are you 13?
>>
File: 1472008001457.gif (1MB, 300x167px) Image search: [Google]
1472008001457.gif
1MB, 300x167px
>>17558079
>>17558373

The cool thing about existential vagueness is that there is never an answer to a question that doesn't beg another question so you can run around in circles for eternity trying to sound smart and never accomplishing anything.

There is no great mystery to not intellectualizing everything and enjoying the things in front of your goddamn face.

No one is interested in helping to unravel the existential maze that you yourself have created for yourself. You insist upon getting yourself lost in the great unknown for whatever reason and honestly its just boring to watch you navigate it.

Blah blah meaningless, blah blah thinking patterns.

You're insufferable. Go outside.
>>
>>17558373
Simple. Set a goal for tomorrow that is different. Just pick something. Even small shit.

"Today I'm going to try a new recipe"
"I'm going to draw something today"
"Today I will plan a weekend trip"
"I'm going to fuck my gf really hard today"
"Today I'll start training my dog to open the fridge"
"Today I will watch the sunset"
"Today I will fix that thing"

Whatever. You keep doing little shit like that and you will gain satisfaction.
>>
>>17558407
>If everything is meaningless why don't you kill yourself?
Don't want to hurt parents and brother but might off myself after their death
>>17558409
>Go outside
Uh huh and then what? People hate these kind of conversations as you do. There's no point in having constant small-talk.
>>
>>17558410

but those all sound boring i dont think ill enjoy those
>>
>>17558420

>might off myself after their death

no you wont. stop trying to make yourself out to be noble for living this grim reality :(

>>17558420

>there is existential depression, and small talk
>NOTHING ELSE.

you really are insufferable. all you're doing is proving our points.
>>
>>17558422
>no you wont.
You seems to know me better than myself. ESP?
>you really are insufferable. all you're doing is proving our points.
I've come here to ask for your help and not hear things I already know about myself.
>>
>>17558426

>ESP

you're a stereotype. dont need to be psychic to guess your next move.

>i came here to ask for help

no, you came here to insist there is no help.

you summed it up best yourself when you said that theres no point in trying something if you already know how its going to turn out. and you already decided that nothing is going to be enjoyable.

you insist theres no point in even going outside. you dont want help. you just want to feel even more sad and alone in the world and prove that none of these things will work so you can be even more tragic.
>>
>>17558420

>Uh huh and then what? People hate these kind of conversations as you do. There's no point in having constant small-talk.

Then what? I don't care. Take a nap on some train tracks. Anything but talk around in circles and existentially nit pick with no end in sight.

There's no point in having constant deep-talk either if you're going to be a cunt about it.
>>
>>17558444

>deep talk

you give OP too much credit. he is surface level. just cuz he wants to talk about meaningful things doesn't mean he has anythign meaningful to contribute.
>>
>>17558444
>You're insufferable. Go outside
>Then what?
>I don't care
That was something.
>>17558438
>you just want to feel even more sad and alone in the world and prove that none of these things will work so you can be even more tragic
Martyr syndrome much? But why then I don't expect anything from suffering? Isn't the point of being martyr that you get something in return?
>>
>>17558451

yes. you get to see yourself as noble for not offing yourself for others sake. you get to see yourself as a special snowflake no one could understand, cuz just look at this thread, no one understands just how truly sad you are :^)
>>
>>17558421
So pick something else. Go show Indians how to use the toilet or something.
>>
>>17558459

nah that doesnt sound like it'd be fun.
Thread posts: 40
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.