[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How do I dump my gf? We've been together for three years

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 2

File: havel rock.jpg (139KB, 390x700px) Image search: [Google]
havel rock.jpg
139KB, 390x700px
How do I dump my gf? We've been together for three years now and I've realized that I don't really love her and I dont't think I've ever loved her. I don't want her to know this, because I still care and I don't want her to think that these 3 years have been a lie or something like that, but I want her to get over us as quickly as she can so if it helps I will. She's madly in love for me and even though I told her I don't think I love her as much as she loves me, she wants to be together. I think stretching the relationship any further will do us no good, but I don't know what to do. Should I just wait for her to fall out of love? Or tell her the truth? Maybe omit some details? What's the best way to dump somebody so she can get over us? She doesn't really have any close friends so I feel like an asshole leaving her alone like this.
>>
Many guys would kill for a girl that loves them.

I bet you'll write me off as some anon or try explaining away your feelings. But I get where you're coming from emotionally and I know that being over-loved by someone is offputting. So let me ask you, what are you looking for from a girl if you're not looking for one that loves you?
>>
>>17556854
First of all, >>17556867 has a point. That's an important question you need to ask yourself. But, should you decide to move forward with ending the relationship,
>Should I just wait for her to fall out of love?
This is a terrible idea. This will undoubtedly take longer than you think it will, and even after it does happen (IF it happens), she won't necessarily recognise it and want to end the relationship.
>Or tell her the truth? Maybe omit some details?
In almost any situation, the best policy. Sit her down and tell her that you've been doing a lot of thinking, and that you aren't happy in the relationship anymore, and you're sorry, and you care about her, but you don't want to continue the relationship. Then just be considerate. Answer her questions, leave when she tells you. Give her space. But if you've resolved to end it, DON'T compromise or go back on your decision. That helps NO-ONE.
>She doesn't really have any close friends so I feel like an asshole leaving her alone like this.
That's because you're a caring person. But it's an awful reason to stay in a relationship. Her happiness is not your responsibility. For her sake and for yours, end the relationship cleanly and quickly. You'll feel like an asshole for a while, but you'll get over it.
>>
>>17556854
Love is not a feeling. Love is a choice and an action.
>>
>>17556867
I don't think the problem is being over-loved, but we're way too different. I don't feel comfortable with her when I'm with my friends, she won't even let me drink alcohol because she exaggerates the health risks. I guess I want to be alone for some time anon, I don't think it'll be easy for me to get over because I really do care for her, she's already part of my family, but I don't have the same kind of commitment she does. I know it sounds selfish, but I just want to know how to dump her without hurting her too much.
>>
>>17556854

>meet her
>tell her it's ogre
>cartwheel out the room

Pretty simples m8
>>
>>17556902

There is no magic sequence of words that will let you dump her and not hurt her.

Do it soon, do it quickly. You seem to have made your mind up, so now you just have to do it
>>
File: Shrek.jpg (48KB, 604x500px) Image search: [Google]
Shrek.jpg
48KB, 604x500px
>>17556904
This.

>it's ogre
>peace out
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.