[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What can I do to get smarter? I know I'm not very smart

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

File: 1473365773299.jpg (194KB, 1028x713px) Image search: [Google]
1473365773299.jpg
194KB, 1028x713px
What can I do to get smarter? I know I'm not very smart at all.

I want to be smarter in general things & knowledge, but especially,I want to get good at programming and such, and also be smarter with my decisions and how i spend my money.

Also, I'm pretty much a lazy shit who plays video games all day. Yeah I go to college, but I have an online programming class. Im mostly a hands on guy, ya know? I dont want to fail this class though...

I also want to hit the gym, but I have no car at the moment. What are some exercises I can do at home? I've been running & doing pushups for the last few days, but I'm wondering If I can do something more.

Sorry for burdening you with my stupid problems /adv/, but I really would like some help here.
>>
>>17556801
Go to your local library and get some books on topics that interests you?
>>
>>17556801
sorry son, there aren't many ways to become more intelligent.

However, you can become smarter (more knowledgeable, wiser) by giving a shit and obtaining information.
>>
>>17556801
For the exercises, ask /fit/. Right now, if you're going to join a gym in the next 6-12 months, your best option is to do a lot of cardio, both liss and hiit (in practice, pace runs, but also sprints and similar), and fix your diet.

Stop being a lazy shit, sell the consoles and uninstall all vidya.
Spend the time you'd play doing some programming, since that's what you want to do. Hands-on, but related to your field of study.
The easy way to get 'smart' is to put in the hours. Work harder, but also smarter, if you can get a study group.

In general, learn to enjoy pain and frustration. The more (useful) bullshit you wade thru NOW, the better your life afterwards.
Saving up instead of blowing all your money on stuff you don't need, studying instead of playing, all the 'good' choices are about delaying gratification.
Sometimes you'll need some, because your mind isn't properly wired to delay - fix your mind instead, get in the habit and DELAY.
>>
Just constantly criticize yourself for all the little shit you do and eventually you'll turn into a critic of all things which will lead to being smarter (and depression)
>>
>>17556801
You are confusing three separate things - knowledge, good sense and wisdom.

Knowledge is just stuff you know, stuff you can learn. To get it, read or study or take classes in the subject.

Good sense, sometimes called intelligence or street smarts or cleverness, is a matter of making good choices and decisions in real-life situations. This too can be learned, partly by asking or imitating others who are good at it, but largely by trial-and-error, which means getting it wrong sometimes.

Wisdom is learning from experience how to make fewer errors in the future, and using that learning to control your own fate, like deciding that - all things considered - you really should stop wasting time on games and do something constructive.
>>
>>17556815

>sorry son, there aren't many ways to become more intelligent.

This, but theoretically learning a language, learning a physical skill or an instrument, and doing cardio all help.

>>17556822

>For the exercises, ask /fit/. Right now, if you're going to join a gym in the next 6-12 months, your best option is to do a lot of cardio, both liss and hiit (in practice, pace runs, but also sprints and similar), and fix your diet.

Yes

>>17557141

You got 2/3 right.
>>
P.S.

I like this guy: https://www.gwern.net/DNB%20meta-analysis

If anyone has any good links, dump them. We (including me) keep repeating the same shit over and over, but maybe we could at least drop some good links.
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.