[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is moving out of your parents home worth it? I live with my mom

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

File: IMG_20160525_205210.jpg (60KB, 544x540px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160525_205210.jpg
60KB, 544x540px
Is moving out of your parents home worth it? I live with my mom and while she cooks dinner every night that's about all she does. Is it worth it to be living on your own at 18 in the middle of the city?
>>
Yes, the independence makes it totally worth it. Btw where's the pic from?
>>
>>17556727

Depends on what your definition of "worth it" is. Yes, it's worth it if you want to grow more independent and control your own life. No, it's not worth it if you're not prepared for the constant financial struggle that comes with it and if you are unwilling to do housework.
>>
>>17556727
If you have a job and enough money to afford both having a place to live, maintaining it, feeding yourself, getting to/from work, so on and so forth, it gives you a lot of freedom and independence.

However, beware.

There are many pitfalls and dangers of adult life, and one can easily go astray and fuck up in a very short amount of time. Whatever you think it's going to cost, imagine it's going to cost a good deal more than that. Always ALWAYS pay your bills on time, never ever fuck up in regards to them, because that's going to fuck you over hard.

Don't go to university unless it's free or you're going for a very specific thing that is essentially guaranteed to get you a job, and the last thing you should ever consider is taking loans for -anything-. If you possibly can, avoid all loans, even if it means buying a $1000-$2000 car. Don't underestimate your expenses, don't overestimate how well you'll be able to handle expenses. Live cheaply and you'll reap the rewards, don't be frivolous with your money. I could keep going on and on but basically, just be fucking careful and don't wreck your life.
>>
>>17556727
>Is moving out of your parents home worth it?
Moving out of my parents house was the best thing I ever did. Being self sufficient built my self esteem a hundred fold.

However, I would wait until you're done all your schooling.
>>
>>17556728
Idk mane i saved it from 4chan
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.