[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What go do when you feel love creeping away? I love my boyfriend

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

File: 1472521590391.jpg (229KB, 1200x939px) Image search: [Google]
1472521590391.jpg
229KB, 1200x939px
What go do when you feel love creeping away?

I love my boyfriend and I've loved him deeply for a year. However I feel him getting distant and bothered with me, almost as if he's resenting me, although he tries to show different. I have a job and I go to school full time. I often buy him things, and he's just not motivated to get a job or anything. I even tried to hook him up with a job in mechanics. (My brothers friend owns a car shop) and he didn't seen interested although he told me he had been interested before and tried to work on cars. To be fair, he's 18, still lives with his mom and grandparents etc (no problem with me). He's my first love and I love him to death... I don't mind buying things for him or paying when we go to movies and out to eat, money isn't a huge thing for me, I like to see him happy. But I want him to be able to make money so he can just start feeling better about himself.
Pic not related

Tl;dr I love my boyfriend however he us becoming distant and isn't motivated to do anything.
>>
>He's my first love and I love him to death...
>first love
>18

Yeah, he won`t change no matter how deluded you are.
>>
>>17556154
What makes you think he won't change? I'm not trying to push it on him or anything.
>>
>>17556144
this reminds me of a friend of mine I had, who was extremely depressed and happy in his depression, any time someone tried to help him better his life he acted like he resented them because he was defensive. any time anyone offered him a solution to a problem he had, such as helping him get a job, etc. instead of being thankful he was angry.

some people are set in their ways and unwilling to change, it sounds a bit like you might be changing more than him and he's resentful towards you for it because he wants things to stay the way they are (with him not expending any effort).

but then again, it's hard to say since you didn't offer much in terms of situational evidence.
>>
>>17556162
Experience of life. By the way you describe it, chance are that it won`t get any better. It`s not even related to anything you try to do about it. You seem delusioned about him, just because he is your first love.
>>
>>17556184
He has told me before he often has dreams of me cheating on him, or leaving because I've moved on and changed. I told him I want to travel the world, however he wants to stay in our hometown and be comfortable with his friends around. there's no problem with that, but he knows that I'll leave him behind in order to follow my dreams. I'd love more than anything for him to come with me, I've even suggested it when the time comes.

He has an opportunity to work under the table and get money however he does not call the man who could arrange it enough. I encourage him whenever he shows an interest in getting a job, or something like that. I've gotten a job and I'm working quite a bit now, and he's often at home, school, or with his friends. Often times he drinks, he's admitted to me that he's been so sad that he'll get drunk in bed by himself... And I don't know what to do. I try everything to help him. I listen to him, offer advice and help him in any way I can.
>>
>>17556190
Perhaps I just want him to grow and learn with me. We have grown together, and I know we've learned so much together and that fact makes me think that I want to continue being with him. I want to see him happy, and growing, and motivated. But if he doesn't want that for himself I'll have to move on no matter how much or hurts me. I don't even want to think about it
>>
>>17556203
You`re both young. I would suggest not to cling to it. Last time I`ve heard of a similar situation, she found herself 33 years old with a dead-end job, no relatives other than 3 kids and a lazy, drug-addicted, abusing husband.

Not saying it will lead to this extreme, but other than ”first love”, there doesn`t seem to be much here by your description.
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.