[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What's a good first date as somebody who's never been

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

File: 699136.png (2MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
699136.png
2MB, 1920x1080px
What's a good first date as somebody who's never been on one before?

I finally got the nads to ask a cute girl I know out, but I've never been on a date. What's a good idea for a first time date? I'd like to be able to talk to her without so much distraction, but I almost feel like going to a restaurant isn't the best idea.

Long story short, I'm trying to find something memorable, comfortable, and good for conversation and maybe something fun to do? Movies and dinner just doesn't seem like a great idea.
>>
>>17556135
What's wrong with dinner and/or a movie?
Another good date is going to the park.
>>
>>17556135
Swings at a park. Art museum. Pier / Beach. Hiking(If you know her well). What do you like/she like?
>>
>>17556140
Well, we're meeting somewhere as neither of us have reliable transportation (both in school with no car) so we're going to meet somewhere. The problem is everything around us is incredibly spread out (i.e. theater and restaurant not close to each other) so one or the other seems like the choice. Neither of them seem spectacular though.
>>
>>17556135
anything but a movie
>awkward silence, no way to talk

art gallery, city stroll, cafe

protip: if u wanna blow dat bitch away, do something exciting, adventurous (within fucking reason). get her tinglin' and then its game over.

think hot air balloons, skydiving, shit like dat

obviously know what she's into, don't throw the bitch out the plane first and then ask later
>>
>>17556142
I like music. That's about the only relatable thing I can think of to a date. It's a pretty rural small town, so art museum and beach are definitely out. I don't really know her super well either. I guess park doesn't seem so bad?
>>
>>17556135
I usually recommend drinks at local spot we both like.

Can't go wrong with liquid confidence. Don't overthink it. In my opinion, the park seems a little awkward, I've never had success with that. It's like "let's go to the park and do...what?"

Smoke weed maybe?

Movies are a really bad idea for a first date. And dinner can sometimes seem a little presumptuous - that's better for like a 3rd date, although by then you would probably be on the fringe of being a couple anyway.

Invite her to the local cool bar with weird beers on tap (unless she doesn't like beer, then just go to your spot) - the more bartenders you know the better.
>>
>>17556163
Problem with that being I'm 3 months from 21 and she's 19. Not really sure how we could manage that.
>>
>>17556156
Dude, no. Way too much for a first date.

OP just keep it chill. I have good success with coffee at a cafe. You're not being romantic yet. You're not trying to impress her. You're just getting to know her, and her you.

Relax and have fun.

I'd be looking to do something a little more serious on the ~third date, depending on the girl.

I took a girl on a picnic on a hill overlooking the ocean on our third date and she was blown away, she said no-one had ever done anything like that before. It went extremely well.

But for now, just keep it casual.
>>
>>17556170
ah balls.

Coffee it is. Find a cool coffee joint. Some of those places are just like underage bars.

There's a coffee joint in my town that no one knows about and does these s'more things - a little fire in a dish and graham crackers and chocolate and marshmallows and stuff - perfect first date material.

Starbucks is bottom of the barrel, but if that's what you got, then do it.

Again, the more people you know there the better.
>>
>>17556176
There is a Starbucks nearby, but like you said that seems like a pretty bottom of the barrel kinda thing. I like the cafe idea though I suppose, it's a good first just for talking and such.
>>
>>17556191
Exactly, that's the beauty of it. It's not going to stand out, but it will work.

I find that planning a picnic or whatever gay crap is just so out of character for me, that I'm pretty sure I would just rather not date any girl at all who would expect something like that.

Your town is a college town right? Are there any local events happening? Concerts? Shared interests? Shit, parties?

How do you know this girl? Does she know any of your friends? If she does, plan a group event or throw a party and invite her. Doesn't even need to be a big party, could be a hangout with friends.

The burden of making her feel comfortable would be heavily on your shoulders at that point, and it might be better to save that for a second date.

Regardless, ask her for coffee sometime, and grab lunch. Can't hurt. If she says she's busy it means no.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.