[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

my bf seems annoyed when I speak to other people... examples:

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 1

File: image.jpg (218KB, 750x1334px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
218KB, 750x1334px
my bf seems annoyed when I speak to other people...

examples:
a- our uber driver called me cuz he couldn't find us so I was talking to him and he's likeijust say we'll be there in a second and I did but he was still talking to me and he goes say we'll be there in a second and hang up (this guy was a middle aged man and not attractive ...)
b- our uber driver was trying to leave my university's campus and he was clearly lost and frustrated so I said "if you need help I know how to get to the highway so I can guide you" before I could give him the next direction my bf abruptly tells him to make the next turn
c- called a restaurant to ask a couple questions and he's like you don't have to tell them all that you could have just said etc etc
D- waitor once was making eye contact w me and asking if we want appetizers and my bf cuts in and answers for me
etc

what should I make of this? is this controlling behavior or what? I don't get it.. and a while ago he used to criticize me for not talking and being talkative with ppl and a lot of time has gone I try to get confidant and stuff and now he acts like he wants to speak for Me or something??
>>
Your boyfriend is possessive and controlling and this will eventually escalate into at least psychological abuse if you stay with him.
>>
>>17554749
it's just weird tho.. even if the person isn't even attractive he like cuts me off ?? makes me feel like I'm dumb and can't talk to them or something ?? (I'm really good with ppl and they think I'm nice!)
>>
>>17554741
Talk to him about it. He could just be doing it so you don't have to talk to people because it seems like you are introverted.
>>
>>17554741
i think he just thinks u dont know what ur saying
>>
>>17554756
That's part of being possessive and controlling. It's not about the other person, it's about making sure he has you to himself, and not in a romantic way.

>>17554758
That doesn't sound right when OP's examples show him cutting in when she's clearly handling the situation fine.
>>
>>17554758

well I am, but when I talk to people it's because I want to, and I don't mind talking to people. and if I speak up, that means I want to talk, so it seems weird for him to cut me off, and also he seems frustrated (like when he abruptly told the uber driver the next direction he seemed frustrated even tho I confidently said I can give him the next directions, and I wanted to)

but I guess that could be possible
>>
>>17554767
exactly that's why I said
>>17554771
like if I voluntarily say I can give directions bc I want to then he cuts me off its weird. I can understand cutting me off when asking about appetizer bc I didn't know if we wanted any etc but idk other times it's just like he makes me feel like either he thinks I'm too dumb to speak (which I know I'm not, and ppl usually see me as a nice person and like talking to me) or he's jealous/ whatever the word is
>>
Talk to him about it, if he freaks out about it, dump his ass.

He doesn't sound like a loving or happy person at all.

Real manipulators would at least create the illusion that they care about you. He just sounds kinda dumb and rude, like he wasn't raised to be a respectful person. You probably deserve better desu
>>
>>17554764

yeha idk I think he tries to make me feel like I don't know what I'm saying or I'm dumb. when I speak up its bc I know what I'm saying. like I said I'm not talkative a lot so when I do talk I have something to do contribute. and he only been to my university one time, that day, so obviously I know how to leave my uni more than he does and he just cut me off before I could give guidance to the driver and seemed frustrated
>>
Have you cheated in the past?
>>
>>17554789
You don't need a guy who makes you feel that way in your life. He's toxic
>>
>>17554784
possible..
when we go out to eat I never order first (insignificant, but he clearly has bad manners. and that's nothing compared to other things he done, sometimes I feel like I have to TEACH him things which should have been done by his parents, ) and like loads of other things
>>
I'm kind of a gifted guy (tips fedora) and have dated women who aren't as smart as I am. Never have I made them feel bad about it.

Take from that what you will.
>>
>>17554812

he's not smarter than me lol, and yeah even if he was you don't make someone feel dumb,

it's not because I'm dumb, bc I know I'm not, and not in his presence when I have to talk to people on my own etc, they seem to very much like me
>>
Way too controlling. Get out while you can.
>>
Next time he does that, continue speaking, and take notice of his reaction. If he seems angry, it's time to ditch that fuck
>>
>>17554811
Well. Feminism is currently teaching men that women are 100% across the board equal to men.

>They aren't

He is treating you like a man would treat another man.
>>
>>17554826
That's probably why he is acting that way. He probably has insecurities about himself from past women and is afraid you're going to leave him if he "isn't man enough"
>>
>>17554839
lmaoooo
>>
>>17554844

but how is cutting someone off and not letting them be free and speak to people and be happy and be themselves not being man enough ..
>>
>>17554844
and it's about any people whether they are ugly or not like it's anyone I don't think girls tho I'm not sure .. I'm just thinking of recent events
>>
>>17554804
This is a good question, esp. if he knows it
>>
>>17554880
>>17554804

no and he's my only sexual partner I've had
>>
>>17554839
Really, men interrupt each other just to speak for each other?

sounds pretty gay, fagmo.
>>
>>17554854
You can't find someone better if you can't talk to them.

If you are smart and funny and cute, you are basically every man's dream.
>>
>>17554741
He could just critical of how much you talk. Maybe he thinks you say too much.

It's annoying from him so just tell him it bothers you. I don't think it has anything to do with you talking to other guys.
>>
>>17554911
Yes.
>>
>>17554918
loll like I said I barely talk!!!!!! I only talk to strangers when I have something to contribute or if it's necessary (I.e helping the guy out who was lost and frustrTsd and Asking ppl on the sidewalk for directions when I knew how to get out) I do not talk a lot at all
>>
Why is this underage girl here? How did she possibly find /adv/?
>>
>>17554811
he might think you are really slow compared to/ not as intelligent as him. i used to do this to people i thought were dumb. either way its disrespectful of him
Thread posts: 31
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.