[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I'm 20 and my home life is going out of fucking control

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2

File: image.jpg (156KB, 525x525px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
156KB, 525x525px
I'm 20 and my home life is going out of fucking control

My dad left us, likely for another woman/family
My mom constantly belittling me
My brother verbally abuses everyone because he knows we wont fight back

For fuck's sake, I just wanna leave.

How do I move out? What're some necessary things to do before? No one ever taught me what to do when you're ready to move out. I dont wanna dive in head first either without preparing

I live in California, if that matters.

Pic unrelated
>>
>>17554516
Do you have a job? Savings? Enough for an emergency fund? Do you know how to cook and clean and generally look after yourself? Do you know how to budget? Are you prepared to live with a roommate?
>>
Figure out your budget (how much you make and if you can pay for phone, food, car, gas, rent, etc)
Figure out if you can live alone in a studio or rent a room, or if you have a friend who can rent a 2 bedroom apt with you
Call potential places, arrange walk throughs
Have your information ready for background checks (usually $30-60 for a background check in CA)
Give them a move in date
About a day or two before you move, change your address with the dmv and post office
Move in

What part of CA? Are you in Orange County?
>>
>>17554516
Why is your mother belittling you?
How old are you?
Are you working?
>>
>>17554529
I have all of those except for savings.

And yes for the roommate. I know how to budget but Ive never actually had to do it to survive

>>17554543
Probably to compensate for the years of shit my dad put her through. I understand, but that doesnt mean I have to take it

Come on, anon!

yes
>>
>>17554516
If I were you I would stay there for a little more,to save some money and then I would go to live somewhere else. About your mother,just ignore her!
>>
>>17554532
Good tips. Ill write them down (in MS word).

Bay area
>>
>>17554626
I was planning on being here at least another year or two while my savings account fills up

I try, anon, but constantly being criticised by your mom takes a toll after a couple decades
>>
>>17554631
I know,I also had problems with my mom (before leaving me to have her life alone)but I used to ignore her as much as I could
>>
>>17554656
That's the thing, I'm not the kind of person who can just ignore his mom

I really sympthize with her. I sort of let myself be her punching bag so she feels like she still has control in her life. Leaving her alone will probably be the hardest thing Ive done in my life
>>
>>17554665
For my mom,leaving me was the easiest thing she has ever done. Have to seen her for 3 years
>>
>>17554665
So do you have any relationship?
>>
>>17554690
Do you mean in general or with my mom?

Yes for the former

yes for the latter; but it's not exactly a hallmark Son-Mother relationship
>>
>>17554699
Actually I meant if you have any gf
>>
>>17554713
I do, we're in the talks on moving in together
>>
File: Meet_07b7ed_6020494mobile.jpg (22KB, 500x499px) Image search: [Google]
Meet_07b7ed_6020494mobile.jpg
22KB, 500x499px
Fight.
Fight your brother.
Fight him.
Even if you lose, he'll know you're not going to sit and do nothing anymore.
FIGHT HIM, CALINON.
FIGHT. HIM.
>>
>>17554717
That's great then! So make your savings and do it!
After my mon left me I went to my dad's house, but the most days of the week I live to my bf's house. He lives with his parents yet but hopefully we will make our own home when we can! I wish you good luck! And don't be sad for leaving your mom. You will make your own house being with your girl! And you can also see your mom,and then you will have great relationships without fights
>>
>>17554746
That's that Im hoping for. Thanks, anon.
>>
>My brother verbally abuses everyone because he knows we wont fight back
Yeah, I'd leave.
If that's not an option (it is an option), it's not going to get better, if you just meekly take it up the ass. It's how people work.
You don't even have to win a fight with your brother, just yell back, and if he does something physical, give him a solid enough punch to make him think twice about doing it again.
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.