[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What's the consensus on using emoticons on tinder as a male?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

File: w2ZlpSd6.png (7KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
w2ZlpSd6.png
7KB, 400x400px
What's the consensus on using emoticons on tinder as a male? Is it better to use too much than too little, or vice versa?
Also general tinder advice thread.
>>
>>17554119
Depends on the person, don't use any until you can see how they type. I personally can't stand guys that use them excessively, or use shit like ;) ;* XD xD

I couldn't tell you why, but it makes me cringe. Like I'm back in middle school again. A well placed smiley face every few messages isn't a bad thing and will convey some emotion, which is necessary for texting.
>>
>>17554119
Are you a homosexual?
>>
>>17554119
I use them ironically when I'm not interested in a girl, but that seems to make them like me more.
>>
>>17554139
oh fuck I just used them a few times... hopefully they'll forgive me.
also aren't messages supported by emoticons appearing more 'friendly'?
>>17554141
as a matter of fact, I am not
>>
The less you care the better for you, women are turned on by you not giving a fuck what they think more than anything, and I don't mean in a way that you're just an asshole but that you are not afraid to say or sugarcoat anything.

I've been using it for a week or so and I went from timidly messaging girls to going full bantz on them - went on a date yesterday with one of the girls.

It's more or less anonymous man, just relax and push the boundaries, it will help you in real life communication too.
>>
>>17554157
>also aren't messages supported by emoticons appearing more 'friendly'?
Sometimes they appear too friendly/childish, I guess. I'd rather a guy focus more on grammar. Seeming a little distant isn't always a bad thing, as long as you have a sexy brain. But again, it depends on the type of person you're talking to.
>>
>>17554207
>>17554178
Whom to trust, eh?
>>
>>17554119
As a general rule I prefer not to text to women at all. So it would be best just to try and get her number as fast as possible. Emoticons are a NO-NO unlesss you want to be percieved as too friendly.

I usually start with:

>Hey (name) you look like fun, are you free this weekend?

Whatever she responds I continue with:

>I'm going to (concert, art exhibit, theathre play) and your company would be appreciated.

If they are interested they keep asking about what I am going to do.

Then I ask her number, and we are set.

So go with the direct approach, not cold or fast, just direct, straigh to the point, they will understand and the faster you take her out from the app the easier will be to keep her interested.
>>
>>17554157
Have intent man, emoticons should only serve to add context, not emotion. Is as simple as that.

>I would love to see you tonight
>I would love to see you tonight :)
>I would love to see you tonight ;)

get it?
>>
>>17554657
If you are overthinking it already you will fuck it up.
I read started reading the red pill about 4 months ago just as I meet this qt i was really interested in.
My head was spinning between my previous mindset, being in love: and this weird alpha literature that seem to have all the answers.

I ended up screwing up everything becasue I became obsessed with our relationship and in the end it didn't work.

I would advice you to do as women do. They use tinder to have fun, use it like that aswell, don't make it your only way for interaction with girls that will fuck you up.
>>
>>17554157
You shouldn't need to appear "friendly" if your intentions are good, so I would advice you to drop this mindset.
You are not trying to decieve a women into bed with you. This works with everything aswell, trying to impress her with lies or gifts, in the end they go away because they realiced you lied to them.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.