[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/Adv/ Weekend Self-Improvement Thread Quarantine - OFFICIALLY

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

File: 2001space037[1].jpg (156KB, 1364x615px) Image search: [Google]
2001space037[1].jpg
156KB, 1364x615px
Say what you're studying/practicing/doing this weekend to improve your life, then post updates throughout the day.

In doing so become among the .0001% of posters on this board that are actually striving to improve their situation (instead of just wallowing in self-pity about it).

You can share self-improvement tips and what not too.
>>
>>17553701
>>17553701

Posting our sad sack stories here helps us identify our weaknesses
>>
>>17553780
Sometimes. Usually it just helps you get coddled by other losers.
>>
>>17553784
Really? Not in my experience. I always get some sort of valuable insight from anons.

Also it's hilarious how unpopular this thread is
>>
>>17553701
>Practicing keyboard in hopes of playing piano one day
>following recipes and preparing/planning all my meals for next week
>using pomadoro technique to study anatomy
>>
I used to improve myself, teach myself things, become a smarter, funnier guy for my first gf. I was happy, cute, loveful etc etc and i do look good(8/10?). I got a girl that was butt ugly, but her personality seemed nice, she seemed like the girl i dreamed about. Then it happened, her bitchiness, negativity, hatefulness ruined me. Everything i did to improve myself was gone. Now im a depressed faggot trying to fake happiness :D
>>
>>17553845
Thank you for bumping the thread but your post is very much the antithesis of our cause. Or were you being ironic? If so well done.

If not then I recommend charting a direction for your life and committing to the journey. Improvement for improvement's sake is hard to do at the best of times, and much more so when we're "broken." Having a concrete purpose, on the other hand, is a way to redirect that negative energy.

>>17553832
Best wishes. Tell me something interesting about anatomy later.

>>17553817
>Really? Not in my experience. I always get some sort of valuable insight from anons.
That's because you're one of the few who actually came here for insight. Browse the board for a while and most of the time you'll find the OP outright rejecting the best advice in his thread because its also the most unpleasant advice in his thread. Most OP's only want to hear validation for the path they've already decided.

>Also it's hilarious how unpopular this thread is
I can't blame the userbase of this board too much. Self-improvement is unpopular in general. Shame my bumps can't keep it alive since I'm the OP tho.
>>
>>17553701
Today I relaxed :) And ate at a restaurant. Tomorrow I will make homework and clean my room and do some tasks.
>>17553845
This is why I'm gay
>>
>>17553869
When it comes to organs its important to look at scar tissue as pointless connective tissue rather then having a purpose like its supposed to which means you could never get that function back despite them being muscles. Ifna liver is at "80%" then part of the liver is forever "dead" its nit like it all works but only at a lower efficiency. This is a small but important difference when it comes to health.
For diets its better to look at over alll calories for the whole week, the daily macro/micro nutrients is for highly trained people and studies shownthat it simply is calories in and calories out so we shouldnt flip shit about the minute details

If anyone wants access to a study or medical information tell me a topic/ link and i can get it for you bc i have access to those medical databases like pubmed etc

More later.
I like pomodoro technique bc it takes the pressure off of focusing and i feel the the breaks really do help me get back into the zone for a longer duration.

Cooking tip: stew is soup+ flour(thats how they make it thick)
>>
>>17553701
>doing laundry
>reading "Centuries of Childhood"
>volunteering at local elementary for 3 hours
That's for today: tomorrow I work.
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.