[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

You've heard it all >happiness is a choice >get a

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 4

File: Screenshot_2016-09-06-21-58-42.png (176KB, 540x960px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2016-09-06-21-58-42.png
176KB, 540x960px
You've heard it all

>happiness is a choice
>get a hobby
>join a club
>just be yourself
>follow your passion
>live in the moment
>you need to love yourself before anyone else can
>just make a career plan and follow it

But there's nothing anyone can say to help you out.
Do you know what all us miserable hopeless losers need to hear?
>>
kill urself?

fucking idk, it's all generic advice you listed, but there's an element of truth in each of 'em.
people just need give the steps to reach those goals. that's why it sounds dumb and cliché. and desu, don't even know what ur asking, Senpai.
>>
Oh yes, mate, because there's one thing that works for ALL "miserable hopeless losers". All of them have the same problem. All of them want the same things. All of them have the same insecurities, fears, desires, motivations, attitude and interest. Human psychology is that simple. It's so easy that hearing one phrase can motivate and teach every unhappy bastard out there to achieve happiness.

Yes, what you posted there in greentext is cliche general advice and it works in one way or another, but don't think that following a bunch of general advice will solve all your problems and make you happy. Cliches exist for a reason, because they usually have some form of truth in them, but it doesn't mean that they are always true. Building your life on general advice like this will probably help you be better off than some sob who just stumbled blindly through life, but it won't make your life perfect, you'll still have problems, big or small. There will still be reasons to be unhappy and periods when you feel down. You yourself with or without help need to understand what your problems are and figure out how to fix them and improve your life. That's why psychologists exist and that's why the ones that are actually competent never give you generic advice like "follow your passion", but explain in detail why you feel the way you do and what you should do to improve your situation. To figure out how to solve someone's problem you need to understand that person and their problem very well. How do you expect general advice on something like this?
>>
That's not actual advice, that's just what normalfags say to each other when they run out of motivation and need an extra push. What you need to do is figure out what your specific problems are, and then ask someone who knows a lot more about them than the average person.
>>
File: 1348972700311.png (216KB, 600x800px) Image search: [Google]
1348972700311.png
216KB, 600x800px
Except that is all true, minus happiness, that you have to earn, for to be happy you have to like where you are in life.

Its also all overly done-up, the true concrete advice here is that you need to make pursuits into improving yourself physically, mentally and financially. This means hit a gym, go to school and pursue a career that can earn you the dosh you need to live the life standard you want for yourself.

There's no magical advice that fits ALL down-trodden people, because everyone is different, but if you do those three things, generally life's other forms of happiness: friends, connections, a relationship, discovering who you are, etc; those will come when you do that.

Ya blew it growing up, but that wasn't your only chance, get out there and seize what you missed.
>>
I had to find some spirituality.
>>
>>17553227

This. Those are the advice normies give, because they are the things normalfags do themselves to be counted as 'normal' Everyone has problems, but only those who fail at managing them become miserable hopeless losers and that's why they need professional help.
>>
File: 1472687379644.jpg (97KB, 800x769px) Image search: [Google]
1472687379644.jpg
97KB, 800x769px
>>17553182
But have you followed any of that advice? My guess is no
>>
>>17553190
Fair enough
>>17553213
My thoughts were "make a thread on 4chan and see what people have to say
>>17553227
That sounds reasonable
>>17553232
The thing is I'm satisfied with my money and so on, but someone told me the other day I'd have to set higher goals for myself to actually be happy, didn't buy it.
>>17553238
Hope that worked for you anon
>>17553242
Professional help is what I'm leaning towards yeah..
>>17553268
I have smug anime poster
>>
>>17553182
Gain confidence by putting in the work and dealing with your insecurities and shortcomings.
>>
>>17553280
If you have an actual problem, describe it

Seriously, generic "i'm a loser" posts deserve generic "just b urself" replies
>>
File: 1471520501124.jpg (16KB, 325x325px) Image search: [Google]
1471520501124.jpg
16KB, 325x325px
>>17553280
>I have smug anime poster

Alright. What have you done, Mr. Woe Is Me?
>>
>>17553291
That's good. I figured that's where confidence came from.
>>17553292
I just want peace of mind, not really in the mood for spilling my guts. Thanks though seriously
>>17553300
Check'd
I have my hobbies, guitar books photography videogames lifting weights...
When it comes to setting my standards a bit higher than an apartment and a 2002 corolla that's where I hit a dead end..
>>
Just start using heroin, everything else then becomes irrelevant.

Such a lovely apathetic high
>>
>>17553182
You forgot the most important one: get help.
>>
>>17553374
That's a good one. I might have to though
>>
>>17553182
I feel like most of us loser types lack any real social connections and as time goes by it becomes so much harder to integrate yourself into society especially if you haven't passed the usual milestones.
>>
>>17553410
I read a book, it said that without unconditional love a person can't really enjoy anything else. But that's love from anyone, a family member even
>>
>>17553420
I guess that's somewhat true, distractions can only last for a while. Still I'm surprised at how many older /v/irgins can enjoy gaming after 2 decades.

I suspect that they force themselves to "enjoy" it.
>>
>>17553616
Distracting yourself with fantasies works at any age, with any sort of medium.
>>
>>17553182
Be accountable for your own misery.
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.