[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What is the difference between in-person universities and online

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

File: Wasbash-Building.jpg (202KB, 1200x800px) Image search: [Google]
Wasbash-Building.jpg
202KB, 1200x800px
What is the difference between in-person universities and online classes. I am looking into Independent studies and it looks like it would be a good choice for my current situation.
>>
I don't understand the question.

One is accredited and the other is not.
>>
>>17551824
give me more info on how online classes wouldn't be accredited?
>>
>>17551833

Many online only schools are not recognized by the accreditation agency, resulting in a degree that is completely worthless. This is why ITT Tech was such a scam because they charged retarded amounts of money for a degree that companies would not recognize as legitimate.

Do your research on whether the institition is accredited.
>>
>>17551849
thanks I'll do my research, but thanks
>>
>>17551849
This is shallow advice aside from "do research".

There are online-only for profit schools that aren't accredited, but the vast majority of accredited colleges with real-world campuses offer online classes and online degrees. I do all my schooling via SNHU 100% online and it's an accredited non-profit.
>>
>>17551810

Basically my understanding of the research on this is that it's really, really fucking hard to motivate yourself to get much out of an online course. In person there is generally more accountability and having the professor physically present can make a big difference. Amost everyone in the online education realm takes for granted certain academic skills that students actually may or may not have. If you have never taken a college level class, or haven't been prepared for them by high school, it's quite likely that you will end up failing, underperforming, or simply giving up mid-course.

If, though, you have the study skills and are self-motivated to learn (a passionate interest in the subject or something you have to learn for work, etc) then you can get a lot out of it and it might be great for you.
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.