[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How do you know when you've found "the one"? If

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 6

File: sj_red.jpg (53KB, 500x731px) Image search: [Google]
sj_red.jpg
53KB, 500x731px
How do you know when you've found "the one"? If you're not sure, should you be honest with your partner about that uncertainty?
>>
>>17548478

being 'honest' about something implies that there is a certain expectation of communication.

I'm trying to find a good 'for instance' but its eluding me.

but the idea is that your girlfriend doesn't communicate every thought (and with that, every fear) that she has to you. and you do not do the same. you are not expected to.

if you love her, and you tell her you love her, then you are being honest. if she ever asks 'wehre do you see us going' and you say 'WERE OBVIOUSLY GOING TO BE TOGEHTER FOREVER' that might not be 'being honest'. but until then you are just two people exploring your relationsihp to see what arises.
>>
>>17548478
>>17548489

that being said, there is no 'the one'. if you want to claim there is, why? if ur atheist it makes no sense, and even in most religions there is no such thing as religious destiny, so why do you think there is any sense of 'the one'?

and if you meant it in philisophical terms, there would be no way of knowing, so the question is moot.

you simply do what oyu want, when you are comfortable doing it, with the people you have at the time. ur not missing out on destiny if you leave a girl cuz you arent sure. the idea that destiny revolves around who you share a bed with is a silly concept when you think about why that would matter.
>>
>>17548478
For me it's when you find someone for whom a desire to grow and nurture a loving a relationsip is mutual between you and them.

I don't have a massive checklist of things I need. I know what to look for when a woman has that true desire to be with me, I've learned what it looks like as I see other women show it off for guys they are attracted to.

It doesn't mean I won't try to date or be proactive but I don't waste time with women who don't care to make it work out.
>>
>>17548478
>How do you know when you've found "the one"? If you're not sure, should you be honest with your partner about that uncertainty?

You stop looking.
If you are uncertain but he or she is wanting to settle down/making plans for the future, yes you should tell him asap.

There is no greater betrayal than deception (all forms)
>>
Apart from Neo, no one is "the one". There are truly a lot of individuals that could be the life companion that you are looking for.
>>
>>17548797

I am the One.
>>
File: 1471635254261.jpg (54KB, 428x428px) Image search: [Google]
1471635254261.jpg
54KB, 428x428px
>>17548478
I wish I could tell you.

In all honesty, the "one" is an illusion created by Hollywood and romance novels. There is always a REASON why you choose a wife or a partner you spend an extended period of time with. And REASON, I feel like, is the ultimate decision maker when it comes to long term relationships.

I believe I am in love with my best friend's cousin (who lives 5 hours away from where I live). I have never communicated this with her directly, but I have tried - and basically her responses have been passive if anything. I don't know why (we have hooked up several times before) but there must be several good REASONS for why:

1) I haven't been able to convince her that I actually, truly love her
2) She has no interest in anything serious
3) She is unsure if I have interest in anything serious (I'm not even sure if I do)
4) She is seeing multiple people (the same way I am) and just isn't willing to settle yet

These are all REASONS why the romance I dream of isn't a reality just yet. But I believe it will be when the time is right - when the both of us have had our fair share of the confusion of youth and somehow manage to come closer to one another.

EVERYTHING you want is within your grasp; you just have to learn how to take it and whether or not it is worth taking. Just remember one thing, anon:

When you make your bed, you have to lie in it. Make sure you know what you want before you tackle it with all your might. ANYTHING you want is within your grasp, but the repercussions of actually getting it might be greater than what you bargained for.

Just know what you want. Know what you want and embrace the fact that you can get it if you really try.
>>
>>17548830
You're a fucking idiot. Never respond to this thread or my son's threads again.
>>
>>17548797
eww thats gross even though i get whaat you are saying I think you mean anyone can be the one as long as yall both believe it :) im a romantic lol
>>
>>17548835
damn what the fuck is your problem that was some real shit
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (568KB, 3000x2250px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
568KB, 3000x2250px
>>17548835
Ouch, man. I don't believe I'm an idiot, especially not a fucking idiot.

I wrote what I wrote based on 7+ years of infatuation. OP - love is hard and it hurts. There's a bunch of music about how much it hurts when its unrequited. If you look hard enough I'm sure you'll discover that many people who were much more reputable than me or yourself experienced this same sort of pain and confusion that we know as love.

Do what you think is best. You can only hope to learn more about you and the one you love when you ask the right questions.

DO NOT try to fuck someone who doesn't want to fuck you back. It will be miserable and humiliating, even more so than if they denied you.

LOVE, OP! Love is the motherfucker that everyone aims to accomplish. It's the motherfucker everyone CAN accomplish. But it takes work, it takes effort, and it takes balls.

If you have balls, you will know what to do. If you RESPECT your balls, you will do what you know is the right thing (for your balls, and hopefully not rape because goddammit that's just not right).

Love is for everyone who earns it, OP. Earn it if you believe you deserve it.
>>
>>17548835
Can't you get a job or something? It's tiring to see you shitpost all day long every day.
>>
>>17548478
bool haveFoundTheOne(const Human& /*finder*/, const Human& /*findee*/){
return false;
}
>>
File: 1472510836998.gif (3MB, 365x372px) Image search: [Google]
1472510836998.gif
3MB, 365x372px
>>17548888
I work this weekend and I'll be sure to shitpost while I'm there too.
>>
>>17548895
SOURCE ON THIS PLEASE HOLY SHITASS
>>
>>17548903
>not knowing Alizee

Not sure if underage or sheltered

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q6omsDyFNlk
>>
>>17548909
Sheltered
>>
>>17548890
underrated post
>>
>>17548922
Damn dude, I've been fapping to Alizee for like a decade
>>
>>17548925
She is truly one of the finest, if not THE finest.

I wonder what life is really like for people like her. Undeniable sex appeal and talent. She's like the Eliza Harris of Uncle Tom's Cabin.

I hope whoever dicks her truly appreciates what he is dicking because he is dicking a goddamn tormentor of souls.
>>
>>17548940
She married Chad of course, why wouldn't she
>>
the question doesnt rise, things go on their own

the other person will know, communication is not just verbal, now if you mean should you lie about when she/he asks
the answer is no
>>
The one doesn't exist.

But that feeling of having found the right person... Huh, yes.
For me it's when things feel transcendental. Like what we are together is more than just me and him, it is a whole different entity which is stronger and better than just me and him together.
When I am with him I feel like nothing is impossible, like I can achieve everything and he feels the same.
He is the one because we never tire of each other even when we are tiring to deal with. Because being in a room with each other brings ultimate joy to us.
It is just perfect.
>>
>>17549014
avoid superficial bitches like this
their 25th boifriend will the one too
>>
>>17548478

just getting this out of the way, this ain't a disney movie
>>
>>17549018
9 years together, 1st boyfriend I ever had.
>>
>>17548569
>You stop looking

So true!
>>
>>17548569
>You stop looking.
Damn...I guess this is pretty true.

Currently talking to this girl who's pretty much the female version of me, and I just kept catching myself thinking how much I love this girl and how that no one else really can compare or get me like she does. She just feels like home.
>>
>>17548478
You find a person similar in personality and education with you.
You learn to become amazing friends, not sex buddies. You understand the fact that you need to be a quality person.

If you're an introvert then you don't belong with a person, not even another introvert like you.
>>
File: 4everAl0ne.jpg (60KB, 627x627px) Image search: [Google]
4everAl0ne.jpg
60KB, 627x627px
>>17549679
FeelsBadMan I guess as an introvert I dun deserve love :(
>>
>>17549679
That's bullshit.
Me and my boyfriend at huge introverts and we are amazingly happy together.
Why should an introvert be unfit for love?
>>
>>17548800
A tripfag would never be the stereotypical "chosen one"
Thread posts: 33
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.