[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What does it mean when your girlfriend makes an OKCupid account

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 2

File: 1469574956372.jpg (43KB, 820x820px) Image search: [Google]
1469574956372.jpg
43KB, 820x820px
What does it mean when your girlfriend makes an OKCupid account looking for male friends?

She told me she has no male friends (which is true) so that's why she made the account. I've never had trust issues in our relationship except for this. She told me this a little before she went in to work so I'll talk to her later about it obviously.

But for now, what do you think? She has plenty of female friends... does a female really need male friends?
>>
The fact that she did it without asking you is weird, but to give her the benefit of the doubt, I've messaged more than my fair share of girls who say that kind of shit on different apps, and 9/10 times they really are just looking for platonic friends (or a lady friend to join you guys).
>>
She's window shopping. Looking to see if there are better guys out there than you. If there aren't, then nothing will happen. If there are, well you only have yourself to blame for letting this happen with preemptive notice.

She will deny this.
>>
>>17547804
lol
>>
>>17547804
>But for now, what do you think? She has plenty of female friends... does a female really need male friends?

As a male with a lot of female friends, and who has a girlfriend who has male friends:

Having an opposite gender perspective in your life that's NOT your SO/family can be pretty refreshing sometimes. You get to change it up and hear viewpoints that aren't in your same echo chamber.

That being said, OKCupid is probably a terrible place to try to do that. I actually don't know where else is better (and this is something I've actively been looking in to)... but my girlfriend tried doing that by making a joint account on OKC once (thought it would be fun to find more friends in our area). Sad thing is, we even met on OKC but even so, she only lasted maybe 3 days before she called it quits and asked if she could just delete the profile (We both got the emails and messages... and looking through them, I could see why to be honest).
>>
>looking for friends
>dateing website

Does anyone in actual reality make friends via okcupid?

It's over. Sorry bro. Any male friend on ok cupid is going to want to fuck her. Men don't go on ok cupid to make friends with women.

To make friends you join a club. To cheat on your partner you go on a dating site.
>>
>>17547804
Here's the simplest answer you need;

Regardless of whether your woman is a living angel and means what she says with 100% sincerity, the amount of guys on OKCupid who are looking for a platonic relationship, whether they say it or not, is going to be about 1%. Any other guy who agrees to be with your girl is going to be openly looking to fuck her, or ballsy enough to try and get a quick lay or steal your girl from you while pretending he's also just looking for friends. Those kinds of guys are also usually shrewd enough to play up girls who are innocent and/or naive enough to believe they're making friends, and they don't give a fuck if you're in the picture.

Do you want her hanging out with guys like this? If not, there's your answer. There are hundreds of alternatives. There are sites like Meetups and ThingsToDo that are also essentially dating activities, but they're prearranged activities that you can do as a couple. At these events outside of the speed dating type stuff, you can both agree to do your own thing and make some new friends as well as her. Guys are much less prone to shark at these types of things, because if they attend a few and people catch on to their shit, the normal attendees will usually pass the word along, especially to new attendees talking to those people.
>>
she's on a dating website looking for dates whilst dating you, friend. dump her
>>
>>17547804
Dude don't worry about it. Seriously there is nothing to worry about. Platonic friendships exist and they're a wonderful thing. Worrying overly about this will come across as paranoid and she'll question your trust in her. It will only annoy her. The real question here is what you think about it- if that's not something that you want in a girlfriend then you should either change your mind or make it very clear to her. Communication and empathy are key
>>
>>17547975
fuck off
>>
File: 1473298436284.jpg (22KB, 300x224px) Image search: [Google]
1473298436284.jpg
22KB, 300x224px
>>17547804

>What does it mean when your girlfriend makes an OKCupid account looking for male friends?

Truthfully?

Either she's a complete idiot who actually thinks that men are interested in being friends with her or she's trying to keep her options open to meet new guys.

Either option is not very good.
>>
>>17547837
/thread
>>
>>17547979
Why? You sound jaded
>>
>>17547969
is 100% right. It would behoove you to take this to heart, OP. It's basically a better articulated >>17547981

Personally, I'm as loyal as they come, but I've been enough of an idiot to think "OH MAN THIS STRANGE NEW DUDE TOTALLY LIKES MY JOKES!!!" So if she's not a dirtbag, I get the headspace she's in. I've got some great girlfriends but they are FUCKING EXHAUSTING and they get in stupid tiffs for no reason and cause me more stress than all my dudefriends combined who I've had no issues with in the past decade.

Unfortunately though, chances are, she IS a dirtbag, sooooo.....
>>
>>17547975
Only a fool would not do anything about this in case he comes across as insecure. Only a beta would let their girl do such things, you tell the bitch this isn't cool and if she doesn't knock it off you're ending it, that'll get her shitting her pants if she has any ounce of care left because at this point the relationship has ending when she's on a dating website where she will hounded by all kinds of men looking to fuck.

There are unspoken lines in a relationship you do not cross and this is one of them, it should be obvious this is not acceptable behavior.
>>
>>17547804
she did it to make you check yourself.
see >>17547837

>>17547804
what do you expect at this point? she needs male figures in her life so that she feels wanted and reassured within society / her generation.

WHAT IS LIFE for a typical millennial american girl if she doesn't get constant reassurance from male friends that she can potentially fuck if anything goes haywire in her current relationship(s)?

she wants guys wanting her. and she wants this confirmation on a personal level because it boosts her self esteem through marketing herself. and internet profiles are perfect for marketing ourselves in what specific image we choose.
>>
>>17547969
>also usually shrewd enough to play up girls who are innocent and/or naive enough to believe they're making friends, and they don't give a fuck if you're in the picture.
well yes and no. just cause someone doesn't straight up say let's fuck doesn't mean that that is a hidden agenda.
>>
>>17547981
this. and, op, she thinks that she is smarter than you are.
>>
>>17548094
In real life, no. On a dating site? You're silly.
>>
>>17548067
this. but i'm afraid giving her an ultimatum isn't going to stop her from doing sneaky shit semi-related at future times. op needs to break up with her.
>>
I think your relationship is fucked no matter what and you should just end it and find a girl who isn't a whore.

My friend tried bargaining with this kind of shit, it doesn't work. Just break it off
>>
>>17548099
if girls don't understand that unspoken desires include sex from guys they meet online, that's the girl's fault.

it's not a hidden agenda until the guy plays it off as not-at-all-potentially-included within their new online relationship.
>>
>>17548085
>she wants guys wanting her. and she wants this confirmation on a personal level because it boosts her self esteem through marketing herself. and internet profiles are perfect for marketing ourselves in what specific image we choose.

I would post this to every relationship thread I could on here if possible. Please, new pasta. This board needs it. It's just so true
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.