[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Help, have family member that addicted to alcohol. If I confront

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

File: alcohol-drinks.jpg (637KB, 3547x1386px) Image search: [Google]
alcohol-drinks.jpg
637KB, 3547x1386px
Help, have family member that addicted to alcohol. If I confront him with it, he will shutdown (will not talk about it) and only denies it.
>>
>>17547315
tell him to get help.

don't be an enabler. talk to the rest of the family about not enabling him.
>>
You can't help him if you're not a beer.
>>
>>17547327
Going to try that, but family in general is a little bit messy at the moment. People that just don't give fucks (in general about everything in the house), plus we are not always home to watch him
>>
>>17547339
>Coldplay ~ Lost?
>>
>>17547315
Bump
>>
>>17547315
I always try to respond to these posts because I just went through it and god, it's awful.

You can try everything. My advice is DON'T LISTEN TO ANYONE'S ADVICE.

My wife was an alcoholic. Don't do the newb stuff. You can try keeping them from alcohol. Yelling at them. Trying to reason with them. Etc.

The only thing you can do is tough-fuckin love

In the end, I had to wait until she completely went over the edge, took her to the absolute worse fucking state ran detox rehab place and just left her there. After a month of detox, another month of anti depressants and also antibuse (a drug, when on it, when you take even a sip of alcohol makes you ridiculously sick)
>>
You tried being nice about this and you can't anymore. You have to be stern and you have to put your foot down. Don't enable it, tell the family to stop enabling it. Worse comes to worse, have an intervention and send him to rehab.

Source: mother was addicted to narcotics
>>
He isn't ready to quit. Nothing you can do but distance yourself until he wants to quit.

No one and nothing could stop me from drinking until I hit that point that my life was so fucking miserable I would do anything to stop.
>>
I highly recommend getting in touch with your local chapter of Al-Anon. That's an organisation that exists specifically to support friends and family of people who suffer from addiction issues. Look them up, they are professionals.
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.