[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>inherit grandparent's sizable house because I was the

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

File: 1255688417_490_00_800.jpg (106KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
1255688417_490_00_800.jpg
106KB, 800x600px
>inherit grandparent's sizable house because I was the only from our family that didn't get a job that has me wearing suits and everyone else had moved into higher scale neighborhoods anyway
>no contest, surprised none of my uncles tried claiming the place for their kids
>no mortgage or anything, just utility bills to take care of
>let my three closest friend know about it
>suddenly have faggots from high school who started acting like they were too good to hang out with me in senior year show up at my new place
>"So when are you having a housewarming party? this place is sick"
>since I hadn't moved my personal furniture in I let everyone walk around the place

so /adv/, what would you guys do in my shoes?
>>
It's simple. Some people heard you've got money (a house is essentially money, it's an asset) and they want to mooch.

If it were me, I wouldn't be directly rude to them, but if it was people who only associated with me after I got the house, I wouldn't give them anything for free.

As a general rule of thumb, I don't lend anything of value to anyone anyway.
>>
Ignore annoying people.
Rent it out to make money.
Buy another house with the money and do the same.
Repeat.
>>
>>17547007
Rookie move telling them but just dont have a house warming party my friend didnt everyone asked him whens the party but me i think he just plays it off oh not yet soon, soon will never come tho. The other people that gave no shit about you til you got the house can fuck right off there just gonna use you till they find someone else. Not calling you a loser or anything but youd be surprised what people do too get what they want
>>
I take it your income isn't very high. If that's the case you shouldn't live in the house as the maintenance will be quite expensive and it will eventually become a pain in the ass. Utility bills alone could prove hell if you live in an area that's cold at least a few months a year. I wouldn't keep it even if I didn't have any issue with the maintenance.
Best thing to do would be to rent it, but I doubt you'd find anyone to rent a bigass house (it is possible in some areas, but they're very few). If that's not possible I'd sell it, buy myself a decent home, better fit to my needs and invest the rest of the money. Preferably in real estate that can be rented if you have enough left.
>>
>>17547007
Shit dude, it's just a house. Dunno why people from your past would be hitting you up unless you're like 22.
>>
>>17547007
Oh, and honestly if you're single and looking to pick up chicks, you really should have a party. Especially if it's not your shit that's in there. Make new connections, meet new people. That will pretty much always serve you in good stead.
>>
>>17547007
i would 100% make it a rental property for income. you are in a very fortunate position anon, don't fuck it up by throwing fucking parties for some fair weather friends.

do some research on what you would need to do to do this legally. do you have any friends that are in real estate or contracting?
>>
>>17547011
>>17547043
not planning to rent. definitely going to make the most out of living here until the gubment wants to pry it out of my hands for whatever reason, you know how it is here in the good ol' USA.

>>17547030
Far from low income, my family just happens to look down upon jobs that don't have one wearing suits so they always assumed I was broke as fuck. I'm an IT/Telecom contractor by trade, I wear band shirts and jeans to work, come home dusty, rinse and repeat the next workday. Bills are not even a concern, it's the fact that I have these fuckers waltzing around like we've been tight. Can't bring the straight up asshole in me because I'm not very confrontational and any kind of adrenaline makes me tremble a lot. Not sure how to keep them away which is what I came to ask you guys here at /adv/.

>>17547036
actually more than a few years older than that.
>>
>>17547135

You don't have to be a dick. Just when they ask about parties, brush it off: "I'll let you know."

Also, stop telling everyone your business and for god's sake stop inviting people who aren't your close friends over. It's a great way to get your house cased and broken into in the future.
>>
>>17547157
it started with me telling three specific people. then it snowballed into this. I guess I will the carrot and stick though since someone also suggested it earlier but missed it.
>>
>>17547135
>not planning to rent
Why do you hate money? Just rent a room if you're scared.
>>
>>17547135
>not planning to rent
wtf am I reading, you've just been handed an incredible gift. Owning rental property is absolutely THE best way to make money period. You're in an incredible position to own a property outright instead of having to use most of the rent money (after maintenance costs) to pay down the mortgage. You can put all of that money into investments like an index fund, or even buying more properties.

If you don't want to be bothered with the hassle of maintaining a rental property then just sell the building and use the very large windfall from that to set yourself up for life. You're in a position most people can only dream of yet you're going to squander it for absoluteu no reason while spouting some total nonsense about THE GUBMINT TAKIN MUH LAND? God damn man, we're not even related and you're bringing shame to my jewish ancestors.
>>
Sell the house, buy a smaller house, vacation for the next 10 years.
>>
Here's what you do
> announce you're having a big house party
> name a date on social media and stuff
> make a list of people you actually like
> hire a bouncer or two for the night
> give them the list and the freeloaders can watch the party from the front yard
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.