[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Ok my brother is a drunk idiot who embarasses himself alot.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 1

File: caat.jpg (487KB, 800x470px) Image search: [Google]
caat.jpg
487KB, 800x470px
Ok my brother is a drunk idiot who embarasses himself alot.

He lives with my parents and i usually travel for work.

I am thinking they are treating him badly. He lives outside of our yard. They give him food once a day and water once a day about a litre or so.

I want to help him but they say if I help by buying him food or getting him more water I am not allowed to come back here. Thats fine I guess, but if I dont come back he is in trouble either way. I talk to him for a bit everyday he is a nice guy and friendly, but my parents hate his drinking.

What can I do for my brother?

I know this also bothers me he managages to always get alcohol some how. (no clue how its a mystery he wont explain), BUT HOW CAN I help!?
>>
Also its hot where we live so he is constantly dehydrated.

Can I just call cops here in america so they can help him? He told me jail would be better than staying outside constantly.
>>
How old is he?

and yes. You should dial 911. because if you're being serious and this isn't a troll. Then that's a real fucking problem.

call the Police
>>
I hate to tell you this but you can't help him. He has a bigger problem than not getting enough to eat. He needs to want help, and it seems he doesn't. I'm sorry, anon, living with an alcoholic isn't easy
>>
>>17546611
Wait what jfc i think your parents are literally trying tokill him.
>>
>>17546615
He is 26 year old man. How can police help? I will call if they can help him... but I dont know if he can survive outside. I mean I want to give him food from my paycheck so maybe that will work. I also must worry for his shade. He has a small tree in the backyard to sit in so sun doesnt hurt his head.
>>
>>17546609
Is your brother a dog?
>>
>>17546617
I understand as I have had to help him drunk many times and its sad... I just want him to not suffer. Any other family with person who is not smart help them right?

>>17546620
I think so since they say he is embarassment to his family. This just seems cruel. He is stuck. He is very bad in debt and has no job. He had car taken from by company because debt.
>>
>>17546621

>how will the police help

at the very least they will send a Officer over to check on him. If your brother accepts help. The Officer can take him somewhere to get help.

call 911, explain the situation and that you are very considered about your brother and would like them to send a Officer to check on him. Now, they can't force your brother to get help. But they will offer it, so if he accepts their aid then they will get him the care he neess
>>
>>17546624
No... he is human with 2 kids. His girlfriend still (suprisingly) wants to help him stop by going to meetings for drunks. She is too nice, I dont know how she deals with him.
>>
>>17546628
Ok this is best choice now as seems. I will call police to take him as he may accept rather than stay outside hot and thirsty with no food. Thank you
>>
>>17546632

Let us know what happens
>>
>>17546637
I will I must go today for work soon, so I have to get baggage ready. I'm hold for sherifs should be shortly.
>>
Lol. I remember your brother making a thread about this a little while ago but he was drunk af.

He has to hit bottom. I'd help him get there like your parents are.
>>
>>17546644
Really? He phone was cut off yesterday? can you share I did not see?

This was similar situation?
>>
>>17546644
Also his english is worst ever. He is still trying to learn.
>>
>>17546641

Just curious. What state do you live in?

The way you're typing seems strange..
>>
>>17546659
We not from america just move 2 years ago. Afraid to tell more information.
>>
>>17546662

Oh ok well that makes sense.

But yeah, the Police should be able to help your brother as long as he's open to getting help
>>
>>17546652
It was before yesterday maybe 3 days ago?

I don't know if I can find it in the archive.

He was saying he was really dehydrated and we told him to drink some water from the hose.

He explained (as best he could) the same exact situation you did.

I told him to make a thread when he sobered up but it looks like he didn't get a chance.

You just have to ask him 1 questions anon.

Are you ready to stop?

If yes, get him to an AA meeting and make him talk to someone 1 on 1

Then to a hospital to detox.

If no, you have to let him dig that hole until he does wants to quit.

I was just as bad at your brother a few years ago.
>>
Police here now will come to talk with brother. I tell results. I respond in maybe 30 mins. He said he ok with jail. The phone lady said he may go to detox clinic near area for week for free whether he want or not. He still drunk as well but he cry and say he wants stop.
>>
>>17546652
http://archive.4plebs.org/adv/thread/17532458

Here ya go.
>>
>>17546684

That's good. I told you they would help him.

Post a update
>>
>>17546684
Perfect. Get him to an AA meeting as soon as they let him out. His chances of staying sober are way higher.
>>
>>17546685
Thanks I read over soon.

>>17546672
Ok is no issue. I just love my older brother alot. He is always help me with everything and now since war from older country (again cant say but near east) he is just drink. He was soldier and that made him bad I think. I wish he never did

They speak with parents first. Then me now they talk with him. Its all seperate we can't be all in one now.
>>
>>17546685
I feel sad now after reading I cry. He is going with sheriff. I think he be better after week and I try have him work with me out of town and go meeting with him.

...thanks i have no more words
>>
>>17546706

Glad to hear he accepted the Sheriff Deputies' help. They'll take care of him
>>
>>17546695
If you really want to understand and help your brother, they have a program for family members of alcoholics. It's called al anon.

I can really only speak from the alcoholic side of things.

He has to want to do it and he might slip up a few times but people who drink that heavily are in a really good spot to get better because they hit bottom so quick.
>>
>>17546706
Very good idea. Try to get him to get a sponsor. Let him pick the person but encourage him to pick one.

And get him a AA big book in your native language if you can afford it. I'm positive they will buy you one if you can't. Just call and see what you can do.

http://shop.aasf.org/collections/foreign-language-literature
Thread posts: 29
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.