[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How do I avoid shaving rashes and ingrown hairs, /adv/? I much

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

File: image.jpg (29KB, 300x250px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
29KB, 300x250px
How do I avoid shaving rashes and ingrown hairs, /adv/? I much prefer wet shaving (single blade safety razor) than elctric, but unfortunately I can't shave without breaking out horribly on my neck and chin area. I've tried everything from antibiotics to exfoliants and I avoid touching my face at all times, but nothing has helped so far. I thought it would get better as I aged, but it hasn't so far...
Any tips?

My derm couldn't help me either, btw. Gave me disinfectant that didn't do shit.
>>
>>17546502

I use salicylic acid. I buy it at an apothecary. It has a better success rate than anything I've tried, but I still get the rashes monthly.

It works best when I shave in the morning:

-Apply aftershave after shaving 8am-ish
-Apply salicylic acid at around 17.00
-Apply salicylic acid for the second time before I go to sleep around 22:00 or later
-Apply salicylic acid in the morning if I don't have to shave, then again at 17:00 and 22ish.
>>
>>17546502
I dunno, I just stick to the electric. I either have stubble, or a beard.

Fuck that baby face bullshit.
>>
>>17546502
Op you should try
1. Using a very sharp blade. Most razors made for men are very good so this usually isnt a problem
2. Use adequate shaving cream
3. Shave WITH the grain. The reason why you're getting ingrown hairs is the result of the shape of the hair edge.
>>
>>17546502
>I much prefer wet shaving (single blade safety razor)

Different people have different skin types

>Tip 1
Try different brands of safety razors

Feather is super thin and sharp but will nick the fuck out of you if you're not careful, and will give you ingrown hairs if you're not careful or don't change them out often (every 2 or so shaves).

Something like Derby or Astra is much longer lasting and less delicate, so you have more wiggle room both with your technique and how often you have to replace them.

>Tip 2
Replace your blades often. They're $10-$20 a 100 pack, don't be stingy. Replace them every 2-3 or so days if you need to. A dull blade is a good way to get ingrown hairs.

>Tip 3
Wash your face with hot water and open your pores before you shave.

>Tip 4
Experiment with different shaving soap/foam. Different ones work with different skin types

>Tip 5
Use proper technique. You should be shaving with the grain (gown down basically), not against it. You should also not be putting ANY power or force in to the blade. You should be letting it glide along your face.

The angle you hold the blade it determines how close the shave is, not how hard you're pressing down. If your angle is too deep and you're hearing a dry, non-bristling scraping sounds (it sounds different from regular shaving), you're probably scraping away the dermal layer and potentially creating ingrown hairs.

Practice putting in the minimal angle of depth to just cut away the hairs.

>Tip 6
Close your pores with cold water. Then apply whatever you're going to apply.
>>
>>17546579
>Try different brands of safety razors

To clarify, I meant the brand of blades for the safety razors, not the safety razors themselves

As a whole, it doesn't really matter too much if you're using a Markuer or a Weishi (though it can slightly influence the technique of how you have to shave)
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.