[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How do I shake that annoying feeling that there's something

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

File: image.jpg (917KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
917KB, 1920x1080px
How do I shake that annoying feeling that there's something missing from my life?

I have everything I want and need. I ought to be happy.
>>
You're wrong. You think you should be happy because society is selling a lie. You've achieved success like society says should bring happiness but it doesn't work like that.

I know it sounds corny but considering that you have what you want and need maybe you should explore a bit of inner peace. Learn to meditate and exist in the now because the now is all there really is and personally I find there is something blissful about just letting go and taking in what's going on around me. If I had everything I want and needed as well. It would be euphoric.
>>
>>17546017
I've meditated long before I had a job and a place in school. It's not like I'm sobbing into a bowl of cocaine at the back of a rolls royce because a supermodel dumped me. I know mindfulness and all that, and that's exactly why I don't understand what I don't understand. I have all my needs met.
>>
>>17546002

I don't think you can get rid of it completely. All people feel like this from what I have understood, but some are better at silencing it than others. I've always thought it's something in built that's supposed to motivate people to look for something more than what they have now, some kind of inner restlessness that doesn't let you just stay where you are in life now, but encourages you to find something better. Just keep distracting yourself, do new things, see different places, meet new people and it's usually a bit easier to manage. At least from my personal experience.
>>
>>17546035
So if it's never going to go away, then what's the point? Why not just get a helium tank and get euthanised?
>>
If you feel something is missing, then it is. Most likely meaning. You are not fulfilling your big 'why', what actually drives you, what your soul earn for.

Find out what that is. Usually it's helping others. Other cases I've seen are related to a hobby the person wasn't doing (someone artistically inclined putting a dam on their natural desire to pursue art for example).
>>
>>17546061
I donate money to charities and I express myself artistically. I don't have to sell everything I own and go feed starving kids in Africa or anything, do I?
>>
feeling realized is what you need.
Do something important man. all of you who're feeling this need some significance in their lives... to dedicate their lives to something that's important to you.
be great people, change the world, that's what you're missing!
>>
>>17546076
donating money to charities isn't exactly helping others, you gotta get involved more deeply. btw I need help financially, care to donate?
>>
Look at it like this: imagine there is some sort of heaven. Eternal orgasm, or maybe a beautiful field with the most delicious food and people to talk with etc. Won't it be awfully boring?
>>
>>17546002
Human life is absurd, no matter how much thing you get, how much status, power you size, how many of your primative instics are fulfilled something will always be missing.
I guess you have an at least slightly normie-ish life so you are taking it easier compared to average degenerate 4channer.
>>
>>17546162
I have a job and I'm studying, so I guess so.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.