[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>Girlfriend of 4 years and I live together, lived together

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 3

File: 1472515635134.jpg (26KB, 441x441px) Image search: [Google]
1472515635134.jpg
26KB, 441x441px
>Girlfriend of 4 years and I live together, lived together a year now
>I'm 26, she is 28
>Came home from gym today
>She was messing around with things in the kitchen
>Something just clicked in my mind when I saw her, and I wanted to ask her to marry me badly
>Always been on my mind, but this was different, it just hit me out of nowhere
>Straight up asked her to marry me
>She just giggled
>I said I was serious
>She stops laughing
>Says she isn't sure and clams up
>Said she was going to go have lunch with her best friend and then dipped
>Haven't heard from her until 10 minutes ago and she says she is going to stay with her parents tonight and not to worry

Well, alright then. So is it safe to assume thats it basically? Did I fuck up horribly or what? Its not like were some dumb broke kids. Both have huge savings, own a place together, have decent careers, live together well, always loved each other.

I didn't think I'd ever really ask a girl to marry me, but damn. Shit hit me hard, and she dropped hints like 6 months ago.
>>
Sounds like you got the biggest wake up call of your life. Damn.

Hit the bars man.
>>
File: mine.jpg (24KB, 736x414px) Image search: [Google]
mine.jpg
24KB, 736x414px
>>17545097
>tfw she went to go tell her parents in person
>tfw she comes home to see him in bed with another woman
>tfw she is crushed forever and op ruins his one chance

rip
>>
>>17545097
couldn't tell if you meant barbells or drinking bars at first. I'll probably do both.

>>17545110
I don't fuck bar sluts, I just get plastered and walk home.
>>
>>17545091
youre retarded man
you can't just ask a girl to marry you in the middle of the kitchen on a Wednesday like it's nothing to you

you needed to build that shit up, alude to it in conversion, then pop the question in a meaningful way.

just saying "huh were not getting any older, we should probably just get married btw can you go buy milk?" trivializes the entire ordeal and makes it seem unappealing even if she did want to marry you
>>
>>17545140
Not OP, but every single married couple I know, did it as a spur of the moment thing after being together years.

Only one of them had it all planned out.
>>
the way you asked her 100% put her off. try to pop the question in the appropriate situation next time.
it's not as much of a casual thing as you think
>>
Dude. Your mistake was you made it extremely unromantic.
Try to make a huge plan out of it and not be casual about it. As cliche as it sounds maybe that's exactly what she wants- how they do it in those girly flixk movies
>>
If she is put off by your spontaneous, but not really decision, like its you begging for some kind of 3rd date or some shit, she can go fuck herself.

On top of that, past a certain age, finding a guy to marry for a woman becomes exponentially harder. Your value in the relationship market is continuing to rise, and hers is lessening.

I mean seriously, you've been together FOUR YEARS. If she is suddenly dropping you because you finally decided it was time, then she is just a dumb cold bitch. And while I agree you should have showed some restraint in asking her on the spot, you clearly have your head on your shoulders.

Honestly, I'd say fuck her, and go find someone better. Either way, you'll be alright, you're better than this shit.
>>
>>17545179
This
If the bitch is not going to marry you because you didn't propose in a certain way then fuck her
>>
Lol don't be dumb anon,
She went to tell her friend the good news, and went to her parents house to tell them too.
Unless she said something that sounded odd.. Then idk
>>
>>17545179
This, although I have no idea what the relationship is like or how exactly it went down. If she says no or needs to think about it more then I say dump her. If she comes back giddy and excited and wants to marry you, then she probably was off-put by the lack of preparation on your part. Seems weird she'd leave after that though, so probably the former.
>>
What the fuck is wrong with you?
> hey babe want to get married lololol

You don't even know why you want to get married, you didn't tell her beforehand, you put literally no thought into this
>>
ignore the hurhur you didn't make it a disney movie proposal you faggot posts and refer to >>17545179

Guarantee you almost everyone who has replied to this thread has not been married, let alone been with a girl long enough to consider a proposal. Bottom line is, she has left you hanging, and you should go fuck some other girl.
>>
File: 1468597306148.jpg (30KB, 450x450px) Image search: [Google]
1468597306148.jpg
30KB, 450x450px
>getting married
>>
>>17545291
I was actually engaged and left my fiancee

So kill yourself you presumptuous faggot
>>
>>17545091
Just wait. The only thing you might have screwed up is not having a ring and doing the proper romantic proposal, but maybe you two are the type of people who don't go for all that. If you two are open and honest after a four year healthy relationship, then hope for the best. Even if someone says that they're not sure doesn't meant that you activated a "break up" trap card. It could be a number of things.

Just wait. Don't do anything stupid in the meantime, please.
>>
The fact that she didn't say yes immediately after having dated for four years is quite telling.
>>
>>17545307
*tips fedora*
>>
>>17545091

>I'm 26, she is 28

She's using you bro
now she finds out you are serious she's going to move onto another beta
>>
>>17545091
>not to worry

This is when you should worry.
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.