[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hey anons, Have you ever had to do something that went directly

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1

File: MatrixBluePillRedPill.jpg (183KB, 1600x835px) Image search: [Google]
MatrixBluePillRedPill.jpg
183KB, 1600x835px
Hey anons,

Have you ever had to do something that went directly against the wishes of your parents, and did it anyway because you had to be true to yourself?

I find myself in that situation right now. I can either shut up and take the blue pill and forget about it, or lay out what I want and forge my own way in my life, whether they like it or not.

It's a kinda scary thing to do, because they might just refuse to talk to me for a long time or whatever...

Anybody go through something like this before?
>>
Only do it if you are financially stable and can take the risk, otherwise swallow the blue pill.

Btw you have to be 18 to post here.
>>
>>17544665
dude im 26
old enough that i should really do whatever the fuck i want
i guess im just kind of attached to my parents in a stupid way
>>
>>17544659
Generally, you have to make your own decisions, regardless of what your parents want or not.

Gonna need more details on your situation though
>>
>>17544688

More details, hell give us a mini bio.
>>
>>17544692
well im 26...at 21 I was diagnosed with a mental illness while at theatre school. I graduated and havent acted since - acting became associated with my mental illness in my family. So i started going to a uni for something else that im not very passionate about for a few years...

long story short, i wanna get back into acting, but my parents - esp. my dad - have previously said that if i go back to acting, im probably manic again and they'll discontinue contact if they think im manic

but i want to do it, at least to try...but it might involve taking an easier course load to do some acting on the side, which will be an issue for them
>>
>>17544665
>Only do it if you are financially stable and can take the risk
>>17544688
>i should really do whatever the fuck i want
That's a "No" on the financial thing.

>Have you ever had to do something that went directly against the wishes of your parents, and did it anyway because you had to be true to yourself?
>I'm 26
You sounded like a spiteful underage fag.

Sure you can do what you want, but I'm betting your parents were and have been trying to help you for a long time and you choose not to listen, so why stop now?
>>
>>17544709

Dude if acting is a trigger to your manic behavior...don't do it. You even said it is associated to your illness in your family and yet you still want go through with it?

People have to make concessions all the time in life and this is one of them.
>>
>>17544659
>Have you ever had to do something that went directly against the wishes of your parents, and did it anyway because you had to be true to yourself?
yes. after years of what must have looked to them like failure, i am now successful, even by their standards. i have received verbal confirmation from them that they are proud of me. feelsgoodman
>>
>>17544659
I got married at 19 and didn't even tell them. I am 33 now and it still the best thing I ever did. They were being fucking assholes. Fuck them.
>>
>>17544725
i didnt mean for others in my family, just for me

yeah maybe i do have to make a concession...i dont see whats so wrong with taking a class just to see though
>>
>>17544709
That would be pretty heartless of your parents if they would go through with cutting contact.

I say that you should go through with acting as long as you take good care of your mental healt while doing it. Are your parents worried about their reputation or something? I can't think of a good reason to abandon your child instead of giving it your support
>>
>>17544738

Taking one class is different from pursuing your passion. If you really want to go full blown into acting go for it and it could lead to more problems in your life. Hell the manic behaviors and your parents no contact might make it worse.

Just take it from all angles and know what you are getting yourself into.
>>
>>17544748
thats true, i probably overstated it in the OP...i think i will do a class at least to see first, and ill just let my parents deal with it, but whether i pursue it fully would be a question for later down the road

cheers
>>
>>17544709
make them watch dead poets society
>>
>>17544709
If you mean clinically manic, your parents are dicks.

Second, negotiate. Express the importance of trying. Schedule regular counseling visits.

Do you have a useful, money-earning skill? Never underestimate the importance of developing that.
>>
>>17544780
yes very clinically manic

not sure if i have any good money making skills...im a good writer, not sure how i could make money off it tho. i was interested in teaching yoga a while ago, but that would take some time to get into again
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.