[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I have an abundance of fruit flies in my room but no food source

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 2

File: inspirational fruit flies.jpg (56KB, 422x284px) Image search: [Google]
inspirational fruit flies.jpg
56KB, 422x284px
I have an abundance of fruit flies in my room but no food source as there's no food in my room. Why are they swarming to my room? And how do I get rid of them.

I have no bug spray plus I hate the smell, and I'm not fast enough to swat em, so I've been killing them with burn relief spray.

Also how closely related are the common house fly and fruit flies?
>>
>>17543525
Had them back in the days. Sucked them in with a hoover
>>
take everything out of your room, vacuum the floor, and throw away trash. They wouldn't be in there if there wasn't something for them to eat
>>
Didn't you already post this earlier today?

1) Get the food out of your room. You may think you have no food in your room, but the flies disagree, and they've got hundreds of votes against your one. Your mission is to find whatever it is they think is food and get rid of it. Don't just throw it in the trash can; get it out of your house immediately.
2) I reccommend getting a Venus's flytrap if you want an efficient way to get rid of the flies without using sprays. Any plant nursery should have some.
>>
Speaking of which, why does the burn relief spray kill them, since it is actually just a pain reliever?
>>
Get an enpty bottle, put some vinegar in and a few drips of dish soap. Gently stir (don't make bubbles and foam) and wait for them to drown in that mixture (the vinegar lures them in and the soap alters the water surface tension). Other than that, there's somehing in your room they want. Maybe shower from time to time... Or just clean everything. There's something in there. OR there's something in your area and they are everywhere. Then close the windows, make the trap and get fly nets for your windows
>>
>>17543532
This. You might not have anything obvious, but you're living in some sort of pigsty.
>>
>>17543565
Do you stir the it or just leave it?
>>
>>17543586
I said to stir it but avoid bubbles and such. Can you not read?
>>
Use those sticky fly strips. Three or four of them. Flies will get stuck to them. Also the bowl of soapy water works too. I've used both methods.
>>
>>17543599
I got excited after reading the first sentence and missed.
>>
>>17543620
Kek
Ok, you're excused. One more tip. Use fruit-based vinger like applecider. It's more effective
>>
>>17543620
Does it matter if it's a bottle or just an empty glass?
>>
>>17543525
Mix some apple cider vinegat and fish soap and put it in a plastic cup. Cover it with plastic wrap and poke a hole in it. They should get trapped in it (or was it put the dish soap on the sides?) I don't remember, something like that, but it works.

While that's happening clean out your room, closet and everything.
>>
>>17543661
What is fish soap?
>>
>>17543671
*vinegar and dish soap
>>
>>17543675
Would vinegar and gasoline work?
>>
>>17543661
this

my family uses wine or juice though
>>
>>17543794
See >>17543798

I know apple cider vinegst works because it has fermented sugars that they like.
>>
>>17543802
Why are they attracted to vinegar? I thought vinegar repels most things?
>>
>>17544006
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Apple_cider_vinegar
>>
I'm having the same issue OP, housemates are fucking slobs. Left for a month to spend time with my senpai, come back to a fucking infestation of fruit flies and houseflies. Apparently they just let an onion or something rot and get infested with maggots. It's been 2 months now and I'm still killing at least 10 house flies a day. Fly tape ain't working, fucking fly spray I spent 15 bucks on don't even kill them. Only thing killin them is me going at it with a fly swatter like a mad man. It was pretty good for a few days now, not that many, but I woke up today to like 30 of them on the window and they were little young ones. So now I'm thinking there's more rotting shit somewhere that I can't find within their fucking garbage.

I've done the vinegar thing for the fruit flies, it's a load of fucking shit. I've got bottles of it all over the damn house and not a single dead fruit fly in the soup.
>>
File: electrified fly swatter.jpg (39KB, 736x487px) Image search: [Google]
electrified fly swatter.jpg
39KB, 736x487px
>>17544185
You need one of these anon. When I moved into college housing one year the place was infested with flies and of course the college did jack shit about it, and suggested opening windows. This little bugger really came in handy for knocking em out quick.

https://www.amazon.com/Garden-Creations-JB5285-Electronic-Zapper/dp/B000EPPFEC

You need an electrified bug swatter racket, helped me get rid of the problem within about a week after I just went around constantly with the damn thing swatting em in air and frying em all, and we had a BAD infestation to.

https://www.amazon.com/Garden-Creations-JB5285-Electronic-Zapper/dp/B000EPPFEC
>>
>>17543525
Aren't many fruit flies gay?
>>
>>17543546
If I was as fragile as a fruit fly and was attacked by a condensed spray of mist with particles nearly half my size, relief of pain is not how I would describe it.
Thread posts: 25
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.