[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Serious question: do most of you think they aren't normies,

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

File: image.jpg (51KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
51KB, 600x600px
Serious question: do most of you think they aren't normies, or even that they are better than normies? Why and how?
>>
>>17543138
Define normie.
>>
I'm not a normie because I have never had a job or a girlfriend, I'm socially awkward, I hate being in photos and social networks, I hate almost everything, I fap to weird stuff and my interests are writing weird stories that I never finish. And because I knew about memes back in 2008 and felt awful when I saw actual normies trying to meme.
I'd maybe also add the fact that I've seen a bunch of super violent videos so now I'm completely insensitive to gore and animal violence.
Idk if I'm better than normies but I consider myself a good person and I assume most people are less than good judging by their lack of involvement in charity work or helping others. I would say I'm better but on one hand that would be judging and judging is wrong, and on the other at least normies get girlfriends or boyfriends and I don't.
>>
>>17543140
The point of my question is that i feel like there is no definition of a normies and that all of you (including me) are normies.

>>17543146
So, a normie? Or ARE you actively involved om charity work?
>>
>>17543160
I don't know about "actively" because some months there's more to do than others in the groups I'm a part of but yes I'm involved in charity.
But if you meant my post sounds normie, what part exactly makes me a normie?
>>
>>17543160
I'm pretty sure normies are non virgins and don't have extreme social anxiety. They are also hardwired from birth on how to deal with social situations. They follow the normal way of life like having at least one gf/bf before being 23. They have a normal job. Normal interests. They use social media like a normal average person. They look and dress normal.
>>
>>17543160
> The point of my question is that i feel like there is no definition of a normies and that all of you (including me) are normies
I also believe there is no definition for the word normal, and while you believe that makes everyone normal I support the opposite view; that no one is normal. There could definitely be a rating system implicated on how "normal" a person is based on how many interests, etc. They share with the majority of the people in a set population (let's say a country, so people are more likely to hold similar beliefs) but it would be almost impossible to gather the necessary data to decide what makes someone normal.

I believe the word normie is different and represents a person that conforms to all or most beliefs they think the majority of their society (country) has and follows the majority of trends (ex. someone that's never played pokemon playing pokemon go, don't judge me challengr, etc.) going on in order to fit in.

The word normie has power because it cannot really be defined.
>>
>>17543138
I don't think I would classify myself as a normie. I'm married, but aside from that, I don't seek friendship or comfort in others. I turn people away with distance because I find it emotionally draining to pretend to be "normal." For my area, normal is a love for God, pickup trucks, hunting, country music, make up, Nascar, Tyler Perry, the bible, etc. Compared to them, my tastes are pretty obscure and borderline evil. I'm just not about wearing yellow, making my hair big and blonde, and getting my nails done weekly. When I lived in the NY/NJ area, it was still hard to find people with similar interests, but I at least met a handful.
>>
There's a difference between people who can't into social interaction and people who have uncommon tastes and interests. It's true that people who can't interact properly in social situations tend to have uncommon interests, but it's not a given. A hikineet who haven't spoken to anyone but his mom in years could be interested in the most "normie" things like soccer and cars and a social butterfly could spend 3 hours a day playing eroge.

>>17543160
So these are the 2 "definitions" people use when saying "normie":
1. people who are able to deal with social situations in a pleasant and constructive way (basically people who don't act like autists)
2. people who have common interests, hobbies, activities and overall lives

>>17543179
>They are also hardwired from birth on how to deal with social situations
no is hardwired from birth on how to deal with social situations. This is something you pick up and learn as you age, much like language and logic. Some people have an easier time learning it and for some it's harder. Some live in an environment that helps them learn it, others don't. But no one is born with it.
>>
>>17543160
Normie is what drunks and junkies call people who never got hooked on something. It's from NA and AA.

Neckbeards on 4chan started using it for some reason. I'm not really sure what it means on here.

You can huff a fat girls fart and be called a normie on here.
>>
>>17543138
I'm better than normies because I'm a genius.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.