[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is it worth getting a gym-membership if you can just run outdoors

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

File: image.jpg (1MB, 2448x2448px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
1MB, 2448x2448px
Is it worth getting a gym-membership if you can just run outdoors and have a set of free weights at home?
>>
Absolutely. Way better equipment and you can get advice and shit. Keeps the motivation going. The only reason to not go to the gym is if you can't afford it.
>>
Gyms are fun if you like working out.

Seeing the results will make you like it more.

I am thinking of getting a membership nearby but I already bike 15 miles a day for my commute and people tell me it might be a bit much.

When I was in college I loved squats and leg workouts. Seeing the results made me love the gym until I heart my leg unrelatedly.
>>
>>17541106
Unless your set of free weights is a 300lb Olympic barbell set, you are kidding yourself
>>
>>17541133
It would be a tight fit, yes. But i have a really big and nice gym on my way to work so i figured it would be quiet convenient since i could leave my stuff there and just go whenever i had a moment before or after work.
I could also never use the "snow storm" excuse anymore.

>>17541151
I already went to gyms on and off but i'd like to go about it in a more serious way. I also already know one if the trainers there, so that's a plus.

>>17541159
I have a barbell and plates up to about 80kg. Which is more than 20kg above my bodyweight. I'm also a girl so my goal is not primarily to get swole.
>>
>>17541106

I prefer the isolation of being at home. It's probably not as effective, but you don't have to wait on anyone to complete your workout, no one sits there and tries to give you "advice," no one judges your form, it's just easier.

But yeah, the equipment there is better. I wish I had more advice on home gym/free weight stuff myself.
>>
>>17541242
Good points...

after all, if i don't feel like leaving the house, i could still do some lifting at home. But then that would make the gym a huge waste of money. I thought about just getting a membership for half a year to see how regularily i will actually go. But obviously the one year subscription is a much better deal. Making decisions is not my strength...
>>
>>17541279

I'd rather spend a few bucks on some weights and some exercise, getting into a routine, than blow a year's membership costs and then not go.
>>
>>17541298
I was hoping to get to know some new people that have some actual discipline when it comes to exercise. I tried to make plans for running or whatever with family and friends over and over again in the last few years and they just get lazy after 2 weeks. It would really help me stay on track if i would find people that i can count on. Ofc i could also do it on my own but it would still be a motivation boost and who doesn't need that from time to time
>>
>>17541324

That makes plenty of sense if that kind of thing helps you. I'm a pretty sociable guy, but having to deal with gym people (be it friends or not) always makes me irritated and less likely to take care of myself and go.
>>
>>17541348
It might be the same for me, but i don't know yet. I haven't went to one and the same gym often enough but my experience so far is that everyobody just minds their own business.

What did they do to irritate you?
>>
>>17541361

Every time I get to the gym on a regular basis, people start to act like it's the only thing in the world that matters. Everything is about protein powder, how you have to eat clean, how you have to rotate your routines, constantly yelling at you not to give up your set and shit...

I just want to get in and get out, even if I'm not pushing myself to the limit.

I also hate going there because of the additional time commitment to getting there, coming home, showering, waiting on machines, etc.
>>
>>17541386
Not him but this is my biggest complaint about gyms myself.

Can't stand the workout routine mentality that people project and show off so readily.

I just try to tell myself everyone's here to improve and keep on trucking.
>>
I used to do a calisthenics routine at home and now I do p90x3 routine at home. Unless you want to get very bulky, I d say you don't need a gym.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.