[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Firstly, thanks to anyone who takes the time to read. So a brief

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 3

File: image.jpg (80KB, 668x716px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
80KB, 668x716px
Firstly, thanks to anyone who takes the time to read.

So a brief overview of my dilemma is I'm 29, I am the go-to person for everyone in my life that everyone uses to talk to. But now that I'm having a hard time, I lost my job due to some internal politics, and I totaled my car which has financially choked me for months. No one in my life seems to care. People actively look for ways to disengage from the conversation. I've been known to in the past not sleep at all before work to help other friends and family through hard times. It's just depressing coming to the realization that it's always been a one-way street with the people closest to me. And I feel like the situation is compounded between my parents going through a divorce and trying to use me as a pawn through the disguise of "needing someone to talk to". In addition my "best-friend" of 12 years has cause fights with almost every other friend I've had because he's socially inept. I live with him and my brother. My brother is and has always been very introverted. And I know if I was to try and leave I would be leaving him all alone. I know he would listen but he doesn't have the skills to absorb and I've prospective on things. But at this point everyone around me just feels toxic. The region in which I could get to for work has almost no job opportunities and the ones that do are mainly restaurants that won't hire anyone without kitchen experience. I'm just starting to feel like I'm at the end of my rope. And I don't know what to do. So here I am...

Thanks for listening even if that's all you do.
>>
>>17540968
>>17540968
Those people were never your friends. They used you as a therapist to vent to.
>>
>>17540989
I'm slowly figuring that out. I just wish it wasn't when I was approaching rock bottom.
>>
>>17540968
Not as morose as the first person who responded but I just wanted to say that most people do not appreciate kindness and genuineness. I can't completely relate because I am only 22 and NEET for the last few months but I have a depressing amount of memories of listening to people's deep feelings and consoling them but when I would go to the same people for advice it was like talking to a stranger. They had no fucking clue what to say to me and whatever they did say to me was totally generic. This went on until I decided not to talk or share deeply with anyone except a few close friends.

I understand that part of your ordeal at least OP. Maybe give some more detail?
>>
>>17541039
That was perfectly worded. It does feel like talking to a stranger. Almost like they aren't aware that their body language is telling me how much they just don't care or don't want to deal with it.

What details are you interested? I can elaborate.
>>
>>17541052
Why exactly did you lose your job, who have you tried to talk to about it, what were your relationships with them and how did they respond. What about the relationship between your "best friend" and the others. Just let it all out.
>>
>>17540968

sounds like youre looking for excusing why you arent taking care of YOU.

dont set yourself on fire to keep others warm. you need to make sure YOU are ok first, you cant help others if you arent OK yourself.
>>
File: image.png (476KB, 525x404px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
476KB, 525x404px
>>17541070

Job: Basically I worked in a warehouse that imported high end suits and pants. My job was to oversee the accuracy of shipments and investigate shortages when they appeared. I had a boss that was EXTREMELY lazy and did almost nothing to keep people in her department on task. (Was at times a good thing) but the problem with laid back supervisors is they let shit slide, even when it effected inventory. We started getting heat from upper management for missing items. I never suspected theft, so what I did was decided to draft up a department policy (which was just what they should have inherently been doing) and with her blessing we'd enforce if and fix the process. I came to her with the idea and she loved it. Even more so when I told her it was already done and I just needed to send it to her during our lunch. Just a little background I had a partner, she was a young pill addict (Confirmed by her) that spent all day on her phone and led to most the problems. So this would effect her hard as well. Well literally after lunch and I had emailed her the proposal, the supervisor started giving me attitude. I was confused but just figured it was something else. But later in the day she came down and blasted me about how I was trying to start trouble and that I needed to worry about myself, all in front of the whole department that knew I was in the right. The long and short is I was a temporary hire, she was a 20 year veteran. Lines were drawn and they chose to burn me. Because it was easier for her to turn on me, then it was to change the culture of the department and make her the bitch boss she didn't want to be.

Writing more but posting this to keep relevance.
>>
File: image.jpg (136KB, 500x669px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
136KB, 500x669px
>>17541070
Best Friend and others:

Basically with them I've had 3 other roommates come and go because my best friend always starts drama with them. Over the dumbest shit and then I find myself playing the diplomat because no one around me is mature enough to pick their battles, and on top of that everyone has egos well over 10x what they should be for who they are in life currently. I've always been (for a lack of a better description) the alpha of our extended circle of friends. I got this only because I've learned through the years that listening to wisdom when you hear it and keeping confident when you're in a situation projects that image. And I've got rather tough skin from my high school days. Im also the one with the sharpest wit, so they mostly know unless they have an actual issue I'll most likely resolve it in a way that makes them look petty for bringing it up in the first place. So anyway, that's why I feel like I'm at the epicenter of the shitshow, I can relate to all sides and find a common ground and I'm never afraid to have a conversation as gut-wrenching as it may be.

These same friends that I spent hours talking to with internal house fighting and their personal problems (be it women, work, family, etc) I thought could at least extend me the same courtesy for the first time in all of our independent relationships.

Like I said my brother just isn't the type of personality that can bear that kind of wait. He's 26, but I think he's somewhere on the spectrum so I don't expect much other than to vent at him and he listens but I honestly could do the same thing to a dog.
>>
>>17541080
It feels that way, but now it feels like I've expended so much time and energy on everyone else that I don't have enough in me to power through my own problems, alone, again...
>>
>>17541080
This
>>
>>17541122
Well honestly it sounds like you got caught in a position where you threatened the people above you and they responded by ditching. A very unfortunate series of events as you were probably in the right but maybe ther was some recourse if you contacted their bosses and supervisors and made a case for yourself.

As for your friends all I can say is that I have learned to talk to a very few people who care about me about significant events in my life. Even my close friends give me a trumped up version of the "stranger advice" that I mentioned. I think I've learned to deal with it and to look to myself for advice instead of relying on other. I've come to accept that when other tell me their problems I treat them and give them advice as if they were my own but also that most other people do not operate that way. The best I can tell you in your situation is to look inside for advice and try to appreciate whatever superficial advice you get from others because they either may not be willing or capable to give you anything else.
>>
>>17541240
All sound advice, anon. I think going forward I'm just going to not put myself out for others unless I feel like there's a shred of a chance they would do it for me. And not adopt others problems as my own. It's just rough now because rent is due and I'm shit out of luck for employment. And of course, no one gives a shit. It's depressing because if the roles were reversed I would do everything in my power to help any of them in any form imaginable.
>>
>>17541263
I wish I could say I agree with that but this far in my life I still will do anything in my power for the people I care about, even if they wouldn't do the same for me. You can call it cuck or beta or whatever you like but when something happens to me I expect nothing from people and I will still give the ones I care about anything possible. I can empathize with you emotionally and I can agree that you cannot allow people to use you and that you need to focus on self-improvement but just as my personal philosophy don't ever lose your empathy and caring of other problems. It is simply the most humane characteristic that is too infrequently represented.
>>
>>17541303
In all reality I won't. I'll just fall back into being the dependable guy because it's in my nature. That's the honest truth... So I know what you mean, anon.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.