[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is it wierd that Im scared of the dark and im almost 21? I cant

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

File: 1470109448594.jpg (79KB, 528x604px) Image search: [Google]
1470109448594.jpg
79KB, 528x604px
Is it wierd that Im scared of the dark and im almost 21?

I cant sleep without a light of sorts?(. I actually use my tv over my lamp because I feel the television lights the room evenly while my lamp only covers the corner of the room. I have trouble falling asleep alone and when walking in darkness I feel like Im being watched and something is going to grab me in my own home. Mind you ,my neighborhood is decent and I feel safe in streets so its not out of fear of other people. I know being scared of the dark is seen as not masculine and I think most people are scared of people in the dark rather than monsters.

TL:DR Im scared of monsters and darkness and I'm almost 21. Is this normal or am I insane?
>>
>>17540326
You should try summoning demons like I did until you realize they aren't real

Or maybe you're possessed and don't know it
>>
>>17540326
It's not typical but it also doesn't have to be a huge problem. Just keep a flashlight nearby when it's dark.
>>
>>17540326
I wouldn't say it's weird. it's probably a sign you're anxious about something though.

in any case, I'm 40 and I still sleep with a small light on, if for no other reason than I seem to have a lot more nightmares if it's pitch dark in the room.
>>
>>17540326
Well if you want to get over it so bad immerse yourself in it, I had a serious phobia of insects and one summer I had to deal with a fuckton of mosquito hawks and just had ridiculous battles with myself trying to kill them, repeating in my head "do it, just do it, fucking kill it," etc but by the end of the summer I was so used to killing them so I could get some sleep in my room that it simply did not bother me anymore. It's the only therapy that works I'm sorry.
>>
>>17540553
Both your advice are story are terrifying. I have tried the no light but at times its a little unbearable and I cave. I'm not panicking rather really uncomfortable
>>
Man up you little shit

You're afraid of the absence of photons?

Most of the universe is in darkness.
Every single night your whole country goes dark for many hours.

The dark doesn't change what's there or what's going on.
>>
>>17540845
>>17540597
Pay attention to what he's saying, if the fear is irrational then you know in the end it won't bite you. That's why it works, it worked with me because I knew it to be a scientific fact that mosquito hawks are harmless and the belief system in my brain just was not coordinated to reality. You have to train yourself that the flight response, that blood rushing in your ears, is just not the correct response for the reality you live in. The only way to train yourself is going through those experiences.
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.