[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How do you turn work into a positive, constructive, and fulfilling

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 2

File: image.jpg (26KB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
26KB, 250x250px
How do you turn work into a positive, constructive, and fulfilling part of your life, instead of something you heavily resent?

I was always great at school because you were presented with challenging, but measurable goals, and at the end, you enjoyed a few weeks or months of time to refresh your mind.

In work, and I'm a hard worker, you are presented a project and before you even have time to get to the halfway point, your next project is on your plate, and there's no respite besides a few months of scattered time off where you worry about work anyways. The only hope you have is to be tied down til you retire, at which point you'll be too old to enjoy most things anyways, if you live.

Help me feel less bleak every day.
>>
File: PresleyPromo1954PhotoOnly.jpg (56KB, 286x347px) Image search: [Google]
PresleyPromo1954PhotoOnly.jpg
56KB, 286x347px
I'm in the same boat, I feel like i'm never happy and i'm always wishing I had another life. I just can't be present, i'm just living in the future in my own fantasy world. My life is like that movie the groundhog's day and i just keep repeating the same bland shit until I die from an accident or something. People just repeat the same old cliche's and there really is no cure for depression. I need that spark to help me feel passionate about life again... I don't know how to get it. But atm i'm building the foundation so I can fuck off for a couple of years and live in a tropical island full of hot guys and an endless supply of booze. Guess there isn't much you can do anon,i hope you take comfort in the fact that you aren't alone and that you are trapping yourself, just like i do to myself for that comfort and security.
>>
Become a minimalist and work less. Become content with having and needing less.
>>
^^^ cliche alert.
>>
You just need to find the proper balance between goofing off and doing work. The question is how much money you earn with the work you do and how much time you spend, how much stress and effort it causes, it's all a question of what's worth what.

I mean, I have little work but I usually enjoy it because it's in a chill atmosphere, I have basically no responsibility and can barely do anything wrong, there's no stress. Only I also have none of that sweet, sweet cash. There's many ways to live, a job doesn't always mean the same thing. If you're unhappy with what you're doing, change. Unless a lot depends on you bringing in the money, you can always mix stuff up.
>>
>>17540134

Office work, making $80k, marketing. I spend around 50-60 hours a week on it, but that's just in-office time, I'm always dialed in with work.

I don't know how to find an easier job. People are going to look at me like I'm crazy for downgrading - and it's not like you can ask at the outset if it will be easy.
>>
No matter your religion, or lack thereof, you can learn a lot from this man
https://youtu.be/wG5IadQxhvE
>>
Work-life balance. If you're away from work, you're AWAY from work. Don't let it creep in, because that's where you get burnt out.

If you need to look at it in a different way, think of your job as encompassing not only completing the tasks, but maintaining the energy level and morale as well. Thus, downtime is an incredibly necessary part of the work you do precisely because it is what recharges you.

Also, happiness is all about perspective.
>>
>>17540144
Dont worry so much on what other think of you so called "downgrading" your job. Just find a job you're passionate about and follow that. Just remember "You can fail at what you dont want, so you might as well take a chance on doing what you love." ~ Jim Carrey
>>
>>17540076
I like my work. But I own a company. Some smaller side ventures as well but they're pretty elective, like consulting stuff basically. It's kind of terrifying sometimes and instead of a boss or political colleagues trying to fuck with me we have vendors and platform providers to fight with instead. But at least I have some autonomy and more time to connect with my friends. Who I will really need if I ever run into serious trouble. That, plus various sorts of anxiolytic things, helps.

OP, I suggest anti-anxiety supplements and gunning for more interesting projects at work, or perhaps a different job if you feel stuck at this one and want something more dynamic or simply a change of scenery.
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.