[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I'm mid-20's but feel sort of weak and achy. Bending

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

File: IMG_0469.jpg (2MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0469.jpg
2MB, 3264x2448px
I'm mid-20's but feel sort of weak and achy. Bending over is a chore. Using my hand strength is uncomfortable (pulling, etc.). My knee joints are fucked as fuck from getting kicked in one, and falling off a motorbike and hitting the other. I feel like a 60 year old man but otherwise I'm completely healthy.

Usually the answer to any health question is 'diet and exercise' but in case what's the special formula for my case?
>>
>>17539091
You need to see a doctor about this, and likely a physio too. Best case lack of exercise and poor diet. Worst case auto immune disease.

Tldr, go to a doctor
>>
>>17539103
That's what I keep thinking but my friends / family say "what are you gonna say, I'm tired?". Also I need like 12 hours of sleep a day and I still feel tired all day.
>>
>>17539103
How long does it take for AIDS to surface, I fucked a hooker once who licked the side of my dick w/o condom
>>
>>17539091

we dont know your diet or exercise routine. but if i had to guess you are still eating like you are a teenager / early twenties and thats fucking you up. your exercise is probably a lot less too, plus your old injuries.

my general recommendations:
Breakfast: fruit. add yogurt or peanutbutter if you want. no more bagels / toast, theres no vitamins in that.

lunch: all veggies. add an egg or sauce if you want. this isnt about losing weight, but loading you up with as many nutrients as possible. cooked any way you want (i soak mine in ramen broth sometimes).

dinner: this is your big protien kicker, so ideally your dinners would be the same as they've always been, but cut out things like noodles and rice and just add vegetables. potato is okay as long as you arent eating it every fucking day.

exercise: yoga. you have trouble stretching stuff, so its ideal. im not saying take a class, you can download a free yoga video and even play it side by side with an episode of television you'd normally watch.

take a chewable vitamin.
>>
>>17539113
This is more or less how I eat... except not really at all.

breakfast: eggs, bacon, occasionally those two things with cheese on a bagel.

lunch: fast food shit

dinner: fat ass steak w/ grilled veggies

exercise: tennis

But my dad asks me to go to yoga class with him like literally every day and offers to pay so I'll probably do that.
>>
>>17539125

you have to remember that while protien is technically healthy, they are only one subset of nutrient. they are great for muscle building but beyond that you're starving yourself.

eggs and bacon are shit if you arent building muscle, and even then, its not a great way to start the day.

>fast food shit

speaks for itself. protien but with even worse shit for you

>fat ass steak w/ grilled veggies

i dont know if weight is an issue for you right now, but steak has about 500 more calories per pound than meats like chicken or pork. its ridiculous. i love steak so much but if that is your norm (i doubt its your daily, but still) consider cutting back or cutting size.

veggies on the side is great but if thats your only source, and its a small side dish, you're fucking your shit up fampai.

tennis sounds good but it may be too much. yoga offers flexibility and light stretching., something your injuries would find therapeutic. take up your dad on his offer. even if you dont like the class, you can do basic videos from home twice a week.

i used to have a sore back all the time just from stress. doing the warrior lunges did the equivalent of an hour long back massage with only three minutes of work. you even get the tingles to feel good, not just relieve soreness.
>>
>>17539133
Just for the sake of conversation I'll clarify a few things I should've mentioned already.

Weight is not an issue, I'm 6 foot 190lbs. Yeah I could probably lose 5-10 pounds but even then, I kind of like being a weighty wrestler looking fuck. It fits my ethnicity.

For dinner, it's not actually veggies on the side. It's a full tomato, a full pepper, and a full ear of corn, plus a 12 oz strip steak. This is after a tennis match, otherwise I couldn't eat so much.

Definitely will cut out most fast food (I exaggerated when I said I eat it for lunch -- while I do eat it like 4 times a week recently I've been making food at home) and do yoga.
>>
>>17539091

I'm sorta in a same boat with you. Mid-20s and had knee and ankle problems due to old sports injuries I got when I did competitive sports in my teens. What helped for me was shit ton of exercise. Sure, it was a fucking nightmare at first, one joint failing me after another and I considered quitting, but slowly started to improve. It's about straightening the muscles and improving flexibility that helps really. Now I do martial arts about 3-4 times a week and have barely any problems at all aside from a few occasional injuries that usually heal alright. Plus, being in good shape helps in keeping the energy levels up.
>>
>>17539141

cool. good luck man. just remember you could alway sgo down to say, an 8 oz steak and fill up the rest with even more veggies and try to fit fruit in with breakfast. people dont realize how much these nutrients are necessary as we get older.

the reason older vegans look young and fit isn't because they removed meat, but rather because the alternative diet has an overload of nutrients your body needs.
>>
>>17539111
kek
>>
File: 1470627352393.png (696KB, 633x758px) Image search: [Google]
1470627352393.png
696KB, 633x758px
Same shoes OP. My wrist hurts all the time (old sprain), my upper back hurts, and most of all my lower back hurts (L5S1 herniated disc). Sometimes my knees hurt too. I'm 30 and feel like I'm 70.

I eat well, lost a bunch of weight, but I don't know what to do.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.