[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>diagnosed with stress at age 23 Blood pressure is 160/90

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

>diagnosed with stress at age 23

Blood pressure is 160/90 when resting. It's been like this since I was like 16. I have the body of a 50 year old man.

I've been manipulated by my insane mother, kicked out and been homeless, been bullied and ostracised by my peers, been through several additions, and have for the last 3 years lived in a state of existential fatalism with no individual purpose to live.

I hope I can get better soon.
>>
160/90

Jesus christo.
>>
>>17539086

Remove yourself from all the toxicity in your environment. Live with an abusive mother? Move out. No job? Get a job.

>a state of existential fatalism with no individual purpose to live.

Then devote yourself to something. Helping others. Religion. Goals are made by you, no one else. The universe is indifferent (though God probably not so).
>>
>>17539086
have you gotten laid recently?
>>
>>17539562
Helping others brought on the pressure that made me snap today. I took on leader positions in volunteer groups in order to have something to live for.

>>17539569
Libido is gone. Standard symptom of depression. But yes, I have.
>>
stop eating junk food

i cut junk & soda and my blood pressure & cholesterol went down

i still feel like shit and my joints still hurt but its the thought that counts
>>
Same.

I'd say quit the volunteering since it's bringing you down. It's what I did as well. Need time for myself to recharge.

Do you feel safe where you live and all that stuff? Do you have your basic needs met (biological, physiological and safety)?

See what are the things that need immediate attention to decrease stress level.
>>
>>17539089
I got 178/76 last week and my ticks have gotten much worse since last year.

I should probably see a doctor.
>>
I have stress from bullshit too. It's really frustrating how the questions in "therapists'" offices assert that you have to be sexually assaulted or involved in a near-death experience to have a stress disorder.
>>
>>17540440
>I should probably see a doctor.
ya think? that is dangerously high blood pressure. I can hear your arteries hardening all the way over here.

go get on some blood pressure meds before your body blows a gasket. depending on the type, some may help with stress too. I am on a beta blocker called inderal and it's actually helped my anxiety a lot. it slows down your heart rate. since the physical symptoms and the psychological symptoms of stress and anxiety feed on each other, by reducing one it's easier to reduce the other.

however, you also need to address the root cause, not just treat the blood pressure. if this is really stress, then you need to find a therapist, a support group, a relaxing hobby, something. you need to deal with the shit you've been through. letting go of past shit is hard as fuck but you have to do it. you need to deal with this OP because it is literally killing you in a way that will be harder to reverse the longer it goes on.
>>
>>17540497
Not OP, but thank you very much for that post.

Do you know if beta blockers help with nervous ticks?

I thought I was on one before called Symbalta, but I was experiencing negative side effects which I felt I couldn't handle so I stopped taking them and haven't been back to my doctor in months.

I'm going to make an appointment soon.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.