[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Here's my situation: I'm 20, never finished high-school,

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

File: 1325292320570.jpg (320KB, 1034x852px) Image search: [Google]
1325292320570.jpg
320KB, 1034x852px
Here's my situation:

I'm 20, never finished high-school, depression hit me like a truck back then and i didn't know how to cope with it. Working on getting together 1k€ to save for a private school, it'll get me a high school diploma for 1 year instead of 3 in any shitty public school.

I'm currently working in a Call Center. For ameribros i'm pretty much that verizon guy that calls you every now and then to sell you even more verizon. I haven't worked many shit jobs, but i'm pretty sure i'd rather be shoveling shit than annoying people in their days off, this job literally makes me want to die every day.
However, it's the best paying job i can get, and if i quit now, i'll probably won't find another for 2 or 3 months, economy is in the shitter here, just like my curriculum vitae. I'll be getting around 800€ by the end of the month if i just steer clear, but i'm really not sure if i'm able to do it.

I haven't gone to work in the last week, my sis tried to kill herself last week so i just used that as an excuse, i've been deliberating all of this in my think tank, but the more i do, the more apparent it is that i must leave that hell-hole asap, even though another side of me keeps thinking how much of a piece of shit i am for wasting a "good opportunity", and how probably 90% of the world hates their job anyway, so i shouldn't be too picky.

Any anons with more experience in the subject around ? I could use some wisdom, don't know if i'm in the wrong or right here.
>>
bump, i have to make a decision in the next 2 hours.
>>
>>17539080

if you can't last 200 € worth of time at this place then you arent going to survive a one year program to get your diploma, let alone anything else.

>id rather shovel shit than have a cushy office job where im paid to just talk about verizon

no, you would not. you'd come here and complain about how the physical burden is too much and you literally feel lower than shit because of your station in life and blah blah blah blah blah.

nut up, or shut up. dont look for validation for quitting a job
>>
>>17539123
i've been working there for 2 months, you only get paid at the end of the 3rd. regardless i'll keep it in mind, thanks
>>
>>17539128

so? what does any of that have to do with what i just fucking said? stick with it as long as you fucking need. hell, keep going even when in school.
>>
>>17539080
I was in exactly the same situation.
Contact universities directly, speak to the dean. They let me in even though I did not finish high school.

What country are you from ? I'm from Switzerland btw.
>>
>>17539142
Portugal.
They'll let you do it, only if you're over 23 though
>>
>>17539146
Then wait until you're 23. I had to work the call center job, too. got me some money, don't waste time and money on a degree you won't need.
>>
>>17539155
Also, call center is pretty much the rock bottom job for anyone who knows tech and languages. it only gets better from there.
>>
>>17539162
I sure as fuck hope so, thanks
>>
>>17539169
ok, listen fucker: I had no job, no degree, no home, no friends at your age. Now, at age 32, I have it all. Master's degree in medical engineering.

It all started with a shitty call center job. also, don't smoke weed.
>>
>>17539080
>also, don't smoke weed.
Why
>>
>>17539199
meant for >>17539193
>>
>>17539223
>>17539199
it waa what made me fail in the first place.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.