[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

For the past two nights in a row my downstairs neighbors have

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

For the past two nights in a row my downstairs neighbors have been up partying and blasting music into the early hours of the morning. I am (unfortunately) an extremely light sleeper so it wakes me up, and I can't fall back asleep easily. I have spent two days as a zombie. I've already called the police on them (they shut the music off when the cops came, started playing it again when they left) and emailed the landlord (hasn't replied yet.) I don't have faith in the landlord doing anything.

I have hardwood floors, the loud cunts are directly below me. I'm pretty minimalist and have nothing more than a futon and small dresser in the room. If I bought a rug would that help insulate the noise enough to be worth the cost/hassle? Is there anything else I could do in this situation? I don't even own speakers for guerrilla music battles, but I could sure do some jumping jacks every morning bright and early. Anyone have experience with this?
>>
Buy accoustic panelling for your walls and also white noise cancelling device like a fan or something.
>>
>>17538838

I'm rentfag and poor...and it's coming from the floor so putting egg cartons along the wall won't do shit, right?

I could get a fan but I really, really fucking hate fan noise, too.
>>
>>17538838
the noise is coming from below if you were reading.
>>
I was living in an apartment since I relocated to the city I relocated to for work.

Everything was great until I had upstairs neighbors for the last four months of my lease.

I asked nicely. Tried to let him know I go to bed by 10 and wake up by 430 or 500. Nothing changed.

My advice is to start using earplugs or take melatonin to get yourself to sleep. It worked wonders for me and gave me the incentive to find a new place to live - now I'm in a duplex with a quiet neighbor, three times the space, and a backyard for the dog. Only costs me 200 more dollars but it was worth the few months of troubled sleep to figure it all out.
>>
Have a similar problem. New neighbors moved in below me last week and they are Muslims that don't seem to speak much English. They are constantly shouting in Arabic, even going out on the balcony and yelling, and listening to some weird Arabic yodeling shit multiple times a day.
>>
>>17538829
consult a lawyer and start withholding rent

nowhere in the USA is your situation illegal
>>
I had the same issue with downstairs neighbors being too loud. Luckily, there were other vacant apartments, and the landlord let me move to a different, no issues.
>>
>>17539108

I don't want a yard because I hate yardcare, I also like being walkable to downtown. Are earplugs okay to use longterm? I've had ear infections before. It seems ridiculous to need to do that. I mean I could try it if it's safe, and/or a fan/machine I guess.

>>17539164

I have a flatmate, who is a heavy sleeper and probably won't want to be pissed. I'm not under the impression the building has free spaces, either.

>>17539127

I don't want to screw the landlord. He mailed me back and sympathizes and will talk to the people. I just don't think that will do anything.

>>17539121

inb4 anon gets aloha snackbar'd.
>>
>>17538829

1: Go to your neighbours during the day, explain them how it bothers you, and that you need to work/study during the day and ask them if they don't want to be that loud during the day.

2. Chances are that, because they did it two days in a row in the middle of the week, they are inconsiderate and wont do shit. In that case call your landlord whatever.

3. Look for a better place, when you have a new contract annoy the shit out of them for the remainder of the time by throwing disgusting shit on their yard/balcony. I annoyed my upstairs neighbour by ductaping his doorbell in the middle of the night a couple of days in a row. Revenge was cash.
>>
>>17539121
aww I always wanted Arab neighbors

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WipDBBtKvYI

Instead I got Chinese. The upside is that they are super clean and quiet, sometimes I'm not even sure they are home.
>>
Is this a frequent thing? Or just the past two nights? It was a holiday weekend. If you're complaining about that, you're a cunt. If it's recurring, they're cunts.
>>
>>17539241

I have no way of knowing if it will recur. They sound college age, so they may have just moved in. Anyway fuck you, what part of holiday means they have a right to keep everyone else awake while they get drunk and blast shitty music?
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.