[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

tl;dr Girlfriend wants me to prove my love and I don't know

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

File: prove-ur-love-1.jpg (8KB, 225x224px) Image search: [Google]
prove-ur-love-1.jpg
8KB, 225x224px
tl;dr Girlfriend wants me to prove my love and I don't know how

>date girl for 5 years
>terrible break up, sleep around and do a lot of drinking for a year
>get my life in order, get over ex and become friends
>no feelings for her, become good friend
>meet new girl, she's amazing
>date for about 2 years before I tell her about my past, she's not happy
>also tell her that I used to date my friend
>we don't break up, but take some time apart
>talking with her, tell her that I love her and want her back
>she says she can't trust that I won't go back to my friend
>wants me to prove that I would chose her over the ex

What do I do? Does she want me to cut off my friend/ex completely? I think I can do that, but do I say anything to the ex/friend?
>>
>>17538266
cut the ex off. You don't have to say anything just stop talking to her. I don't get why you haven't already.
>>
>>17538266
just cut the ex off
>>
When my wife and I were dating, we had a policy: if you try to force your partner to choose between you and an existing friendship, you lose. It has served us well.

Truth be told, I believe that I broke this rule once. This isn't a quote, but what I said was along the lines of "I'm sorry, because I know what forcing a choice means, and I know what happens next: I'm going to lose. But I can't handle this current situation, and I don't know what else to do." She saw this differently from me: I was being honest about something I couldn't handle, without becoming controlling BECAUSE I expected to lose. And so we worked things out, and we are still together, and stronger for having been tested this way.

I do not recommend that couples rush to go out and get tested like this. It is brutal stuff, and some relationships would not survive it. Besides, life will throw plenty of tests your way, if you let it. But it worked for us.
>>
>>17538266
>What do I do? Does she want me to cut off my friend/ex completely?
Yes. Ditch the ex, she's no longer a priority in your life.

>I think I can do that, but do I say anything to the ex/friend?
Just distance yourself from her. Don't respond to texts/calls and take her off your social media. If she directly asks you, say whatever you want, but don't mention the girlfriend (she could possibly get in contact and create a mess of drama).

Also, don't refer to your ex as a friend. She will forever just be an "ex." Especially since you were together for 5 years.
>>
>>17538331
I really should have adapted this to your situation. It sounds like you're in my then-girlfriend's situation, rather than mine, only you don't have this policy already in place. What I would recommend is something like this:

"Yes, we were once together. That was years ago. We have well and truly friendzoned each other; we even took time apart to let our feelings cool off. You have no more to fear from her than you would from my sister. I love you, but if a solid multi-year friendship after time spent apart is not enough to reassure you that the old feelings are gone, then I don't know what will.

"Honestly, the best way I can think of to prove how loyal I will be to you is to prove how loyal I am to other people. So throwing her under the bus or cutting her off for no reason is not an option. I hope you understand this.

"Here is what I'm willing to do. I can promise you right now that if she ever forces me to choose between you and her, she will lose. But if I do this, then it applies to you too: if you force me to choose between our relationship and that friendship, you will lose. And it applies to me too: if I ever think of forcing you to choosr between our relationship and sone friendship you value, I expect to lose. There's my proof of loyalty: I will not tolerate being asked to betray anyone, and I don't expect other people to tolerate it from me. Is this enough?"

If she can't accept this, then your relationship has bigger problems, and you may be dodging a bullet if she dumps you.
>>
bitches will be bitches dang
>>
Your relationship with your ex is inappropriate especially because you won't choose your current girl over her. Think your ex would bat an eyelid before cutting you out if her bf asked her to?
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.