[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hi, I need some advice on what to do (obviously) I'm on

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

File: 1471939119427.png (199KB, 675x1603px) Image search: [Google]
1471939119427.png
199KB, 675x1603px
Hi, I need some advice on what to do (obviously)

I'm on a medicine (methylphenidate) which is more known as Concerta and maybe Ritalin, too. And it has quite a bunch of side effects which I can't decide myself wether it's worth taking or not:

Pros
>Can study
>Can wake up at reasonable time, ie. fixes sleep schedule
>No longer gets distractef by surroundings
>brain thinks one thought at a time instead of multiple

Cons
>Complete loss of apetite
>Complete loss of sleepiness(can't rest until midnight if taken at 9 AM)
>it's a diuretic medicine, makes me pee a lot and makes my penis shrink
>higher body temperature
>cold hands
>sweats more
>higher heart bpm (60-70bpm to 75-85bpm)
>higher blood pressure (from 115/60ish to 135/85ish)

and the worst cons of them all
>takes all the vivid creativity out of me and makes everything look so dull, as if the medicine adds a layer of greyness to everything

What do?

tldr
>in uni, ADD med. has a lot of considerable negative effects, but it also helps me study
>>
Op stop taking any medication for your "ADD" and lead a normal life. I'm a medical student and that doesn't mean I'm 100% right but I can confidently say your disorder is made up to make big pharma money. The drugs you're on will make you dependent and you'll never be normal on them that is a lie you tell yourself.
>>
Don't take any ADD meds

I've got lots of brain problems but they put me on that shit and after two days i fucking stopped because it was fucking with me
>>
>>17538112
Are you an artist or writer? Don't take it regularly.
Otherwise, help yourself.
>>
OP, with the sleep thing, have you tried taking melatonin?

I was on Concerta as an off-label depression med for about a month and just had to force myself to eat. It wasn't so bad, but it didn't help my depression, so I didn't stay on it.

If all else fails you can talk to your doctor about changing to something else, but honestly, these side-effects seem pretty manageable to me. Unless they're particularly extreme?

>>17538124
>medical student
>giving psychiatric advice saying that a well-known psych disorder doesn't exist, because med student are 100% qualified for that
>telling someone not to take a prescribed med
>using the term "big pharma" in a sentence

What in God's name made you decide that (1) ADD doesn't exist (evidence, not some argument about the disorder being made up to feed people pills) and that (2) telling people not to take their medication is a good idea?
>>
Don't listen to these guys OP. ADD is real. I have ADHD (Just like yours, except I'm also hyper) just because our disorder isn't life threatening, doesn't mean its not real. don't take concerta man. That shit sucks. I was on it, I hated it. Take adderal. Its much better and the only effect is loss of appetite (Which only lasts for the morning and afternoon) so I eat a normal breakfast before I take it, and just have a smaller lunch, but am regularly hungry at dinner.
>>
>>17538124
I'm a medical student, too. I'm fairly convinced that ADD isn't a made up thing to make money.
>big pharma money
It's free here, I live in Sweden.

I don't think that they'll make me normal, but they sure do help. I'm just unsure about the negative effects since they might increase as I age.

>>17538232
It hasn't had any other side effect besides when I'm on it.

>>17538241
Just out of curiosity, why not if I was a writer or artist? I don't see how it would influence my paperwork if so...

>>17538244
>melatonin
I tried Circadin before I had Concerta and it made no difference what so ever during the two months I took it. Personally, the most bothersome side effect from Concerta at the moment is that if I don't talk to anyone or if I'm alone, I become more and more depressed. Though on the upside, it actually encourages me to talk to people. It feels like it isn't pointless to talk about other peoples day for example. When I'm not on it I just withdraw from any kind of social interaction. but on the plus side of not having it, I don't feel sad when I'm alone, the opposite in fact.

>>17538254
I could try to bring it up with the doctor, but I don't see the difference of the two.
>Ritalin has a more direct "high"
>Concerta is more long-spun
is what I found.
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.