[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I am poorfag, son of arabs living in Belguim. Life is shit because

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 50
Thread images: 5

File: 1465992555380.jpg (212KB, 1500x1060px) Image search: [Google]
1465992555380.jpg
212KB, 1500x1060px
I am poorfag, son of arabs living in Belguim. Life is shit because dad is dood, we are a shit poor family and I'm only getting into college at 21.

My first year of college was nice, my courses are cool and I've got a gf, which is probably the best thing that ever happened to my life but also cause of my issue.
I've made her aware of my situation without mentioning it too much because I don't want to sound like a cry-baby or some broken person that she shouldn't date, she's aware of my situation and she's supportive and she doesn't mind. But seeing her, going out with her is rough in every way because her life is too shiny for me. She's from a big school, never failed, she's rocking at every exam while I'm doing ok, but struggling. I am not that much focused on points and I don't compare ourselves too much but I do believe I'm losing confidence because I'm with her. Because she's such a great person, I see every of my mistakes and compare it to her successes, I'm afraid that she'll look down on me, I'm afraid to be not enough for her while I'm doing my best at every dimension of my life. I'm also too shy when it comes to anything sexual and I'm afraid that's a turn-off on her side. It's been 7-8 months and she's showing affection every day, support when I fail at x course she's already cleared out, at this point I'm not supposed to be afraid of losing her but I still feel awfully bad for everything, like I will never be good enough for someone so amazing.

How do I stop comparing to her ? I am divided between two thoughts : be a better person and I will never have her capacity because I don't have the (financial) means to keep up.
I am not giving up, I will not give up and I will still perform way better than before during my college years, that's an objective from now on, but I also feel so bad.

Will tell more if anything's not clear
>>
>>17536026
Please, bump.
>>
>>17536026
First off, I am obligated by code to ask you to gtfo of Europe before you bomb someone. Probably even more pertinent in your case, because you already exhibit some of the signs of being susceptible to radicalization. God forbid that girlfriend of yours left you.

Now that I've gotten that out of the way....

1. Have you told her how you feel regarding this?
2. Objectively speaking, and from personal experience, the first two years of college are the hardest and things DO improve later on. But it still matters on personal initiative.
3. Measuring yourself to others in college is dangerous, usually because half the people will always out-do you in some manner regardless. This increases personal pressure and can lead to a depressive spiral. It's more common than most would think. Best approach I've noticed is to stop giving too many shits.
4. Re-double your own self-improvement efforts. A moment of leisure could be spent studying more.
>>
Muslim, druze, Christian?
>>
>>17536130
> the simple mention of being from arab roots makes me a potential terrorist
> Not even mentioned if I was religious or not religious, that wasn't even the subject

Yeah, I could totally bomb you specifically. 1 bomber, 1 victim. I'll get into heaven and you'll be back to haunt /pol/

But seriously :
1. Have you told her how you feel regarding this?
> She's supportive, and we're joking about me stupid. While she mention that I am intelligent, etc so I don't think that deeply changed her opinion to see me struggle
2. Objectively speaking, and from personal experience, the first two years of college are the hardest and things DO improve later on. But it still matters on personal initiative.
> You can't really be objective, but thanks for your SUBJECTIVE opinion
3. Measuring yourself to others in college is dangerous, usually because half the people will always out-do you in some manner regardless. This increases personal pressure and can lead to a depressive spiral. It's more common than most would think. Best approach I've noticed is to stop giving too many shits.
> I was like that for 20 years, until I met her and since we're so close we share everything, and I see my life as stupid, foolish while she's done so many things and learned so much in comparaison to my person, in my small and cheap public school. No wonder she's doing great now if you ask me, but I still want to fill that gap.
4. Re-double your own self-improvement efforts. A moment of leisure could be spent studying more.
> Yes. YES. I am probably masochist in that way, seeing my notes and how I poorly performed this year make me want to... b-bomb the score I guess ?

>>17536154
Complicated question and it's not the issue here, is it ?
>>
>>17536165
Was just wondering, and only because I find that Arabs of different religious backgrounds have different mindsets about things.
>>
>>17536179
Parents were muslims, I have no religion.
>>
>>17536026
Get out of Europe and back to your shithole country you mudshit scum.

WE DON'T WANT YOUR KIND HERE. NO MORE SHITSKIN MUDSLIMES LIKE YOU IN OUR EUROPE.
>>
>>17536216
/pol/ out my nigga
>>
>>17536191
Ah ok, well I think that the fact that you feel inferior is a bit of a big issue, you'll always feel like you're standing in her shadow. I guess you have to either talk to her about it, ask her what she sees in you, or just strive to be better.
I'd recommend the latter, school grades are just one factor in being successful, social skills, networking, experience, luck, are all things that will make you successful.
Sure you might be lagging behind now, but let's say that you eventually marry this girl and live happily together the rest of your lives. This part where you're both in school will last max 10 years, if you're going to get a PhD and shit. 10 years is only 1/6 of the years you'll be spending together if you live to be 80 together.
There are carpenters who earn more than engineers because they work hard and have planned things out smartly, school is only one step in the road
>>
File: 1467473212153.jpg (26KB, 800x587px) Image search: [Google]
1467473212153.jpg
26KB, 800x587px
Just honor kill the bitch if she tries something fishy, you are the man here. And if they try to lock you up for that, just go full Allahu Ackbar.

Beside that those are first world problem, not that chick, then the other, or a goat.
Just chill out dude and do your thing, what's gonna happen will happen anyway.
>>
>>17536242
This is a semi-advice here. Here's why :

We are both studying the same thing,while having different goals, I don't think I could live with her, so my bad moment is the only moment I'll get with her.

Plus I don't want to marry her because of this >>17536216,>>17536267
being a poor arabfag in an european country is harsh and being married to one would makes it harsher for her (as she's a cute white, green-eyed girl from Argentina), I'd not want that for her, I don't want that girl to have to bear the same discrimination for living with me o. I'll probably dump her despite my feelings in the end. I won't even talk about it and my reasons, I will just do it at some point.

I do have a question for you though. You didn't answer me before asking me my view on religion ? What would you have done if
my answer didn't suit you ?
>>
>>17536285
You sound like a good guy to me, don't be so downy about being an Arab. Why not even try If you don't have any other reasons and if she likes you? Unless you just want to dump her and go for others and looking for a decent reason.
>>
>>17536285
Good, dump her. You're destroying our society
>>
>>17536300
beside that I'm the >>17536267 guy
>>
>>17536165
>the simple mention of being from arab roots makes me a potential terrorist
Statistically speaking, and in the eyes of multiple intelligence agencies (to say nothing about public perception), yes it does. That is the nature of the environment we live in right now, even if the people up top won't admit it.

And back to the subject at hand: look, unless you straight up admit that you're an idiot and/or that you waste time on purpose (which at the moment doesn't appear to be the case), then you can't be too hard on yourself about some of your current conditions. Half of this shit is literally about money, with some schools getting more and some getting less, which has an effect on quality of education. It's an open secret which ones tend to receive less. And this doesn't even account for assistance outside of school: tutoring efforts, engagement in sports/the arts, etc. All of this adds up to a lifetime gap in academic/social achievement, according to the studies.

In any case, the key for you is accepting and internalizing (this is separate from just knowing/understanding it, with the difference being that one is at ease wth the fact) that can't do anything that is in the past, and can only focus on the future.

If your notes are shit, read up on how to develop good note-taking skills (which are critical). Do group study sessions. Focus on passing. Life is long these days and things can turn around.
>>
>>17536165
>Complicated question and it's not the issue here, is it ?
Don't know what religion you are??
>>
>>17536300
If you're that >>17536267, well fuck off. You can't just perpetuate discrimination and then try to give simple advice like everything's alright. It's pointless to talk with you. I don't want to act like the martyr of society I don't give a shit about it desu, but it does matter when someone's life is at stake here.
You probably can't understand what discrimination means, it means less chances of having a good job, less chances of being seen as a honest citizen trying to live a life. People are breaking my balls in this thread because of my origins which I wouldn't have mentioned if I knew this would make such a fuss. One single word.

>>17536328
Nope. Don't go into statistics man. You can't prove what you're saying, let's make a simple probability calculs : amount of muslims terrorists / amount of muslims in x country.
Probably around 0,1%, right ?

And agencies, at least the one focused on my own country can't aim at every young arab out there, they look for people with no job, funny business, any prison time or data about the person in the police archives.
So yeah, unbased opinion is unbased.

>>17536353
> can't read everything before posting
>>17536191
>>
>>17536328
>she's a cute white
OP, if you don' t understand what this post says, then yeah, GTFO of Belgium, you're not Europe material and if she's better than you it's because she's white.

If you do understand AND are not a muslim, then stay, act on it and have a good life, with all my blessings.

If you are a muslim forget that shitty religion and all the others.
>>
>>17536372
>I don't want to act like the martyr of society I don't give a shit about
Can you elaborate that statement pls?
>>
>>17536026
What do you do together? Do you two go out? Because not everything is about studying.

Where in Belgium are you btw? Fellow Belgian from Liège here
>>
Isn't the discomfort that she does better than you in SOME domains improved or even caused by the fact she's a woman? Coming from a muslim family?
>>
You should tell her how you feel, you will get it of your chest, and if she loves you, she will take care of your wounds.
>>
Please gtfo out of-Oh wait it's Belgium nevermind.
>>
>>17536400
Nom de dieu! Liééége hein!

Francophone ou Vlaamse leeuw, OP ?
>>
Yeah, Belgium is here!

I knew my share of muslims through my work and they were all different in their belief and they were all alright, I had some of them as friends.
The problem is the poeple coming here and wanting to change us with bombs and not wanting to share the life we have here.
OP is obviously not one of those.

OP, talk to your GF about it before it becomes too much for you and you snap without her seeing it coming. A good talk can bring down many issues.
>>
>>17536396
>>17536391

No. That is not the subject, go read some /pol/ theory about "ur wives gettin da black d" or "we wuz kingz"
Fuck off.

>>17536400
We do go out and she's really into me since... well we're still together and when mentioning she tells that she sees more in me.
Brussels.

>>17536403
> Isn't the discomfort that she does better than you in SOME domains
Totally, I've got quite the ego when it comes to knowledge, and even thought I don't try that much on my courses, I study and read a lot outside of school because I plan a few great things for me in the future. Seeing her, and not especially on the fact that she's my gf, succeed as easily makes me nervous but not jealous, I know she's great at it too and she works her ass of to be this great. It's more the fear that she leaves me for being too weak on my studying, not being on the same level. (Plus the fact that she's telling me that loves me for my intelligence doesn't help, since she's openly saying I should do at least as good as her if not better )

> even caused by the fact she's a woman? Coming from a muslim family?
No, I've thrown these stupid biais before, my mother thinks I'm a disgrace for thinking so and leaving the religion but I'm ok. I don't care about it, that's my choice.

>>17536431
>>17536407
Probably, a good talk is probably a solution to my issue... But I don't want to be a drama king, I don't want her to be supportive and needs to help me with my puny problems. I'm supposed to take care of my life.

>>17536400
>>17536416
>>17536431
OP is in Brussels/Bruxelles.
>>
>>17536285
>Plus I don't want to marry her because of this >>17536216,>>17536267
>being a poor arabfag in an european country is harsh and being married to one would makes it harsher for her

Yeah don't exagerate and make excuses because you don't want to commit.
I've hardly seen any discrimination on the workplace in Belgium, and I've work with all kinds of poeple including arabs. Maybe it's different for workers, but for desk-employees, there's no problem.

We have so many muslims in Belgium, most are used to it now. That could be our downfall excpet if they agree to work with us and not against us.

And of course you would encounter racism on 4chan lol you know chere you are.
>>
>>17536452
>Probably, a good talk is probably a solution to my issue... But I don't want to be a drama king, I don't want her to be supportive and needs to help me with my puny problems. I'm supposed to take care of my life.
Right, that's what all men want : to be in control of their life and to be able to rely on no one.
But this is about your self-esteem. You must put an end to that before you start hating yourself to much. So yeah, talk to her. You don't have to do that in a whinning way or anything.
And these are not puny problems, It's huge for you or you wouldn't be here. And it's also a couple matter because it will have influence on it. So talk, your way, but talk to her!
>>
>>17536452
>my mother thinks I'm a disgrace for thinking so and leaving the religion but I'm ok. I don't care about it, that's my choice.
And you're right. If you watch closely, in Europe we are beginning to detach from religion to be more practical, rationnal and less divisive (talking about the poeple not the gov). You did the same, you're evolving. That's the only way we can all live together.
>>
>>17536454
Si tu parles français : Google "Discrimlnation à l'embauche, discrimnation logement belgique" etc.
Als je nederlands spreekt, zou je "discriminatie op het werk belgiê" op Google zoeken.
I don't want to act like a poor victim that being chased from everywhere, that's not my point. But I know for a fact that being a male arab is a huge minus on CV, on sales, etc. I could tell you many subjective moment where my simple skin color made people talk/act differently. Believing that we're all equal would be stupid, but against I'm no crybaby so that's not really the point of this discussion. Racism, discrimination still exists and it's greater since the bombings. And while 4chan is not as structured as society so people say what they want, it's still showing a small tendency to racism and especially islamophobia (and i'm not even muslim but suffering from it)

>>17536477
Nice point. You're right, thank you kind anon. I appreciate what you're doing for me.

>>17536486
I don't care about all that, I'm more into finding my own truth. I don't follow modern society or a past religion, I find my own answer.
I made a thread about it in /pol/ where I stated my opinions. I will not find it in the archives but if you look for it, maybe you'll get it, it's in july I think.
>>
>>17536495
>thank you kind anon. I appreciate what you're doing for me.
You're welcome man, very glad I could help :-)
>>
>>17536495
>I'm more into finding my own truth. I don't follow modern society or a past religion, I find my own answer.
That's exactly the spirit ! Let us find the answers together without all the shit part.
>>
I typed a lot of messages contradicting themselves in here. Because I don't know the truth either as you can always find everything and its contrary. Everything seems more a matter of belief than anything else.

My facts are these : you can hate all the groups of person that you want, but once you meet poeple it becomes very different.
Life is not one group against another, it's one to one relations.
>>
>>17536530
I'm not saying that God doesn't exist or else. I'm just thinking my own answer, with the help of philosophers, theologist, etc. I'm just "thinking", that's humble I don't intend any objective truth it in.

>>17536545
That's probably what you've learned from this thread rather than your supposed point. You're probably that anon who b8d me with your stupid allah akbar meme and then told me I seem like a nice person.

Truth is one, if truth is one then you can't say one thing and its contrary and believe you're helping, you were just saying random stuff.
>>
>>17536567
>you were just saying random stuff.
Just confused
>>
>>17536582
Sure.
>>
>>17536165
>westerners eat pig
>you suicide me
>my pig blood touches your bone fragments

Does this not work or something?
>>
>>17536756
wat
>>
I think you should write down everything you just told us and send it to her.
>>
>>17536871
Could you explain why please ?
>>
you have to go back to syria
and fight isis with assad
>>
Dude, just cherish the things you have right now and enjoy the fact that you have someone. Don't over think anything. Eventually, you'll pull yourself out of this and as you get older, things won't seem as bad as they are now. If this is what's troubling you, wait until you really start having adult things to take care of. Best of luck kid.
>>
Also, Fuck these faggots talking about terrorism. They're gussied and couldn't live in the face of constant threats. The west has made them docile and they bark like cornered animals at anyone who seems exotic.
The mere fact that they hate should motivate you to feel better about yourself since you have many things going for you. Don't let them weigh you down. Rise above adversity.
>>
It's fine to show weakness and have a low self confidence. Or I mean, if she's turned off by that and leaves, then so be it and you must be honest and live accordingly. You stop looking up to her and thinking that she's too good for you one way or another.

If she's genuinely a good person and loves you, she'll gladly help you out with your personal turmoil. That's what I do with my boyfriend.
>>
File: CELEBRATE_GOOD_TIMES_COME_ON.jpg (71KB, 1016x1016px) Image search: [Google]
CELEBRATE_GOOD_TIMES_COME_ON.jpg
71KB, 1016x1016px
>>17536756
I love you.

Keep making posts like this.
>>
>>17536130

Go tip your fedora in your septic tank containment board
>>
File: 1469371338451.jpg (53KB, 604x604px) Image search: [Google]
1469371338451.jpg
53KB, 604x604px
>soon to be terrorist Arab seeks aid before his darkest hour: the thread

Don't yell Allahu Ackbar when you blow up, be original.
>>
File: KFlAOmE.jpg (20KB, 333x333px) Image search: [Google]
KFlAOmE.jpg
20KB, 333x333px
>>17537978
>getting mad
>>
>>17537485
>>17537496
(and maybe this >>17537606)

Thanks. Yeah I know about them, it's not like I'm getting mad over it I just know it's a thing and stupid people are pretending to be clever with a lazy ass analysis of the western world and its happenings atm. I'll give them a real course some day on their containement board eventually.
Anyway do not bother with them, thank you for these tips. Wish you the best anon(s). I do need to lower my ego and to be a little more stoic, all that while giving my all to my studies.

>>17537979
I know you're probably a 16-yo thinking you're doing political studies, but that was rude and racist to assimilate me with these people.
Next time, be orignal about your /pol/ type answer.
Thread posts: 50
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.