[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I want to have a (1) child, while my boyfriend wants at least

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

File: 0046_13.gif (37KB, 468x240px) Image search: [Google]
0046_13.gif
37KB, 468x240px
I want to have a (1) child, while my boyfriend wants at least 2.
I want to have only one for multiple reasons:
1. I always have favorites. I have a favorite parent, favorite friend. When I had two pets I had a favorite pet. If I have more than one kid I'll definitely have a favorite, and that's not good either for the favorite or the un-favorite.
2. If you have only one kid you have more time to spend with it, to bond, help with homework and things like that
3.Fewer children cost less
He thinks children should have siblings.
I have a brother, but we didn't interact much growing up, and even less now. He didn't make a big impact on my life, compared to the relationship with my parents.

How important is it to have siblings? Any single child anons who can give their experiences?
(We're still just talking about this BTW, no plans for the immediate future)
>>
Problem with one child is you are putting all your eggs in one sack. What if they are a terrible mess? A disappointment. God forbid they die early or have a debilitating disease.

People have multiple kids for extra insurance if one turns out a dud. Sounds depressing but it is the truth.

Also even if you have favourites you still love your kids I would assume.
>>
>>17535427
>1. I always have favorites. I have a favorite parent, favorite friend. When I had two pets I had a favorite pet. If I have more than one kid I'll definitely have a favorite, and that's not good either for the favorite or the un-favorite.
Having a favorite is inevitable (people lie when they say that don't) and that's okay. You just have to make sure you treat them the same way.

Everything else, I agree with you. I grew up an only child and that allowed me to really bond with my mom. My dad's a piece of shit that has a ton of children with another woman and he doesn't really bond with any of them (for lack of time, money, etc.) As a result, they all have issues that I didn't really have.
>>
>>17535435
Spending more time with the kid and building a good relationship would lower the risks of it turning out a disappointment I think.
>>17535444
>You just have to make sure you treat them the same way.
Easier said than done, unfortunately.
>>
>>17535473
>Easier said than done, unfortunately.
You just have to make a conscious effort. Take a moment to think about your decisions before you enact upon them. If you want to do something special for your favorite, don't leave out the others. If all the kids act up at some point, don't let the favorite get away with things. You'll end up teaching the favorite that they can do anything they want and get out of everything. The favorite will be the struggling adult while the other kids will understand cause and effect (although they'll have some issues dealing with inferiority.)
>>
>>17535500
>The favorite will be the struggling adult while the other kids will understand cause and effect (although they'll have some issues dealing with inferiority.)
Exactly, I've seen many examples of this. I feel like this could all be avoided by just not having more than one child.
>>
>>17535520
The same thing could happen with one child too.
>>
>>17535427
well you both want to have at least A kid, so why not have one and see how it goes. if you do decide on another maybe it's not that bad to have your favorite as long as you aren't a cunt about it.
>>
>>17535525
How could a child develop a complex about not being the favorite child if they're the only child?
I mean yeah, the kid could turn out to be a asshole or whatever, but I believe most people aren't assholes because they were born that way, but because they were abused or neglected.
>>
>>17535435
>People have multiple kids for extra insurance if one turns out a dud. Sounds depressing but it is the truth.

You just shat that out. First reason people have multiple kids is so they have siblings retard. Just like when people get two pets instead of one. Loneliness is universal.
>>
Single child kids grow up to be either self absorbed or depressed. They're generally either neglected or coddled; growing up with a sibling is important because it's a family relationship that is not parental, has its own rules and flaws and obstacles to navigate, and ensures an engine of empathy instead of solipsism.
>>
>>17535427
I pity your boyfriend, poor guy will be paying alimony and get his life ruined for a kid that won't even be his.

I guess it servers the sucker right for falling for your trap.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.