[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Had a break down the other day because I don't know what

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

File: 1472009293490-b.jpg (10KB, 225x225px) Image search: [Google]
1472009293490-b.jpg
10KB, 225x225px
Had a break down the other day because I don't know what I wanna do with my life and it eats at me daily

I lay in bed all day or sit on the computer because I have no motivation to do anything. When i go to work I just go slow and usually only work 3-4 hours, go home, and go to bed or eat.

Any interests I have quickly fade away. Goals I make are never met because i see no point in meeting then

I have crippling depression obviously, but I just feel so empty. Is it really gonna get better even if I can't be damned to try? It all just feels the same.
>>
sound a bit like me when I was like 18-20

I fucking sucked at school, was naive and literally stupid as fuck. The only thing I was smart enough to know was that I sucked. My somewhat broken family was poor and couldn't bail me out of my dead end future.

Only choice I had was to go to the military. That definitely gave me the head start I needed to become a real adult. I got out and now I'm pretty much ok.

I doubt you'll go to the military OP, but you do need something to drastically change your perspective on things. If you got cancer or aids you might have some sort of appreciation or motivation for your situation but I doubt that will happen to.

Not really sure what to tell ya except try and enjoy what little you have and at least try to survive with a menial job. It's not that bad. I'm happy not making much at all but my life goes very smooth and I have my routine, which is really all I can ask for.
>>
>>17534450
cancer/aids patient here and i can attest that it only makes you more jaded. since becoming sick i've only become more determined not to waste my time on bullshit eg most jobs. good lucking finding your answers, i don't think there are any. the political-economic system is FUCKED.
>>
Get out into nature, or some shit. Helps you think and it looks nice
>>
>>17534440
Deal with your depression; this is your top priority. Things will get better, hang in there.
>>
>>17534440
middle agedfag here. part of my depression is exactly the same as your issue - idk what I would do with myself even if I weren't depressed.

I did the whole thing of "work a job you're good at, you don't have to like it, most people don't love their job anyway" for a decade and a half, and it just wore me down year by year til I had a major breakdown and couldn't even get dressed for work without having a screaming panic attack. haven't worked since. the idea of going back to a job I don't want to do literally makes me suicidal. it sounds like some spoiled millennial special snowflake shit, but I'm pretty sure it's not, because I didn't used to be that way.

but being depressed, trying to find something I *do* want to do is fucking hopeless because I don't really want to do anything. so that just makes the depression worse and makes it feed on itself. it's really hard to figure out what to do with your life when all you want to do is die, sleep, or distract yourself with pixels til your brain goes numb.

hopefully now that I am getting depressionbux and the whole question of "should I be trying to work" is moot for the time being, I can sort out the other depression shit and maybe start to remember what it's like to like things again.

I hope this isn't too discouraging to you, OP. just know that you are not alone. nobody really has a magic bullet for it so we kinda have to find our own solutions from what's available. and I still believe we can. it just takes time.

just remember that recovering from depression is a slow process. you have to find that one tiny kernel of you that cares enough to get help, and build on that. sometimes it feels like you're building molecule by molecule. but eventually you start to see the top of the pit.

first step is getting help. therapy, meds, change of scenery, whatever does it for you. good luck.
>>
>>17534525
Have had depression for a while

Meds, therapists (not seeing one right now) ive gone some places and seen stuff so I haven't been confined to just a 10 mile radius
>>
>>17534525
I need help but don't even know where to start.
Do I go to some regular doctor and simply tell him I think I have depression?
And even if you answered that question, isn't the way to go at this different in every country? germanfag here
I just wish I would stop being a burden on my family.
>>
>>17534535
>Germanfag

Step 1:

Leave before Muhammad kills you
>>
>>17534575
He won't get me in my room.
Seriously now, looking at the political landscape of my country is making me even more depressed.
Shit sucks.
>>
Same thing here.
I've come to the realization that I should just do what I always do: give up and get help.

There is no way I'm gonna climb out of it all on my own. It would take too long even if I found a way.
>>
>>17534581
>He won't get me in my room.

The explosive shrapnel will.

Dude you gotta go, your country is falling apart

Flee to fucking Poland, just get the fuck out man
>>
>>17534586
Im not stubborn or anything, but every time I reach out for help it doesn't help me because I never want to make the change

When I go to a therapist, they tell me things to do and change but i go home and sink back in to my routine and im out 50 bucks
>>
>>17534588
>Flee to fucking Poland

Oh no you don't, not after last time
>>
>>17534588
And do what exactly? Be another fuckig beggar on the street?
Got no money and don't speak their language, never had a job in my life. I'm a fucking failure as a human being.
>>
>>17534593
>>17534593
Cmon man be cool, nothing's gonna happen i swear, would this face lie to you?
>>17534594
Either that or be fucking raped by sandniggers

Better start learning polandball real fucking quick, Friend.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.