[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>been with girlfriend for about two and a half years >two

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 1

>been with girlfriend for about two and a half years
>two months after we began dating, she left me and went to visit her ex out of state
>says it's because I was a drunk

It was true at the time.
>take her back because I love her
>still drink on occasion, but nowhere near what I was having before
>she still bitches if I have two beers
>100% against alcohol, so boring
>i love every other aspect of our relationship though
>not gonna quit my weekend drinks for anyone

Is this a deal breaker? She left ME, first of all. Secondly, I have cut down from every day to twice a week, no problem. She refuses to acknowledge my progress, and instead berates me on the first beer. How should I handle this?
>>
>>17533643
she saw you at your worst and that is not pleasant and fearful you will slide. You need to decide if drink means more than her or she more than drink.
>>
Also I never drink like I used to. My father had recently died, and I was a bit out of control. I never drink to blackout, and I am never hostile unless she starts badgering me. I'm the friendliest drinker I know.
>>
>>17533657
I have told her if she would let me, I'd pop a few pain pills on the weekend. No go.
I am not an out of control addict. I work full time, cook, and clean. I am 100% loyal (unlike her). I just enjoy my weekly escape.
It's a no go though. She spends $80+ on weed per week, but I can't experience a cheaper, REAL high?
>>
You guys suck.
>>
>>17533668
there's your answer. She's no prize so why you wasting time get rid of her. Drunk or not you were a fool for taking her back after she ran back to her ex to fuck. That's got to eat at you especially if she is still in touch with him. Think how wonderful it would be to have a gf that was loyal and didn't blow 80 on weed. Hell you might even stop medicating yourself.
>>
She dated someone with a drinking problem because she enjoys that drama. She is secretly thrilled when you drink. I'd bet a lot of money that if you quit drinking she would leave you, look at some alcohol recovery stories online. It happens a lot. That isn't to say you should be an alcoholic your whole life to keep women interested. What it means is that the women currently interested in you will probably lose interest when you sober up, but there will be other women in the future.

Also love that ironic pic, I hate women
>>
>>17533708
I know you're right dude. The only thing is I KNOW, and I make sure they aren't in contact. Haven't been for well over a year.
She's great though. Smart, funny, not "conventionally" attractive, but I love her all the same. I feel like this is an unnecessary measure of control. I do not want to leave her, but at the same time I don't need someone spending so much money on something so dumb telling me not to have a few drinks
>>
OK, here goes. I am a woman, and this I'd happening with my boyfriend. Does that change your opinion on the matter at all? I didnt lie about anything else.
>>
>>17533643

>How should I handle this?

I think you're in denial about your drinking.

Your drinking was a deal breaker for her but she agreed to try again because you were going to improve and yet you continue to drink.

In her eyes you could slip back to the way you were at any time and if you haven't figured out by now having stability in a relationship is very important for her you're an idiot.

I think you're full of shit. If drinking really isn't that big of a deal and it means nothing to you now then why can't you just quit?

Its impossible for her to acknowledge your process when you insist on drinking even though you obviously have a drinking problem.

You're like a heroin addict who only bumps once a week instead of every day and now you're all flabbergasted because people won't "acknowledge your progress"

If its not a big deal then quit drinking. You can quit, can't you? She was a fool for taking you back, in my opinion.
>>
>>17533735
Thank you for bringing this up.
Here's the thing: I was drinking so much I developed am ulcer. My father had recently died, and what's left of my family is nothing to brag about. I receive absolutely 0 help from them. They're all junkies.
Everyone drinks. I know I have taken it too far in the past, and trust me, I keep that in mind. It just isn't like that anymore. My wounds have healed. I don't need to drink o feel better anymore.
so what, I have a couple beers on the weekend. Again, I never get mean, I never get violent, I never even go out.
I just don't understand how someone with a more expensive habit can make such a big deal out of it. If I wanted that lifestyle back, I'd have returned to it already.
>>
>>17533727
I was giving you the benefit of the doubt but there you go again making this about defending your right to drink. I think you got a problem and it isn't caused by your gf. Her loyalty is a separate issue. (I wouldn't believe she is not in contact with her ex for a minute despite you keeping tabs)
>>
>>17533753
Speaking from experience. With the family background you have it may be best for you to stop using entirely. Don't do it for your gf but for you however when you do you need to get rid of her because she's got quite the habit herself.
>>
>>17533757
I'm just trying to make it clear that this issue isn't as big as she tries to make it seem.
And again, I'm 100% sure they aren't I. touch.
>>
>>17533764
I refuse. It's simply not necessary. It's under control.
I take psychiatric meds to get me through the week. You guys probably drink more than I do. There is nothing wrong with blitzing through your weekend unless you're a tightwad IMO.
Never struggled with addiction until I met her. Thats when my dad died, and that's when it started. It ended though. Why continue hassling me?
>>
>>17533777
>I take psychiatric meds to get me through the week
oh boy and binge drinking the weekend away. Good luck
>>
>>17533793
Really making an effort to not binge drink :( I have quit everything but alcohol for this person.
I can't even keep my old friends.
I go out of my way to keep my drinking in line.
>>
Glad everyone is ignoring the $80/week weed habit to bash me.
>>
>>17533818
there you go again
>>
>>17533777
Trips yo
>>
>>17533839
Literally no one has touched on this
>>
>>17533849
bullshit I did already but it's stupid to cry about this shit. If you don't like it get the fuck out. It's the weekend shouldn't you be on a binge
>>
>>17533864
I'm not cause I don't fucking binge. Ive had 3 shots in 3 hours.
You made the most sense of anyone in this thread. Don't get butthurt because excluded your post to make a general statement
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.