[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I just got a text from my mom (we don't like each other)

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

I just got a text from my mom (we don't like each other) telling my my aunt (we don't really interact with each other) is going to press charges against me for selling her property.. which apparently I had in my possession when my dad died back in 2012. In 2012 I was selling off scrap metal to try to clean up the property I inherited from him. Supposedly it was some old farm machinery.

Should I be worried? Does she have a legal leg to stand on? I don't know how she could possibly have any proof the item was ever here. Even if it was, I wasn't aware it belonged to her.. I can't even remember anything like that being here but I was kind of fucked up over my dad dying at the time.
I live in Texas for reference on local laws..

Pic related, kind of my face being told this, I've never been in any kind of legal trouble before.
>>
>>17533286
I made a typo, my dad died in 2012, I was cleaning up the property in 2013.
>>
>>17533286
Not a lawyer but this sounds like some bs to rattle you. Tell her to go pound sand.
>>
>>17533286
Sounds like a bluff.
>>
>>17533286
She will lose, horribly.
>>
>>17533286

>Does she have a legal leg to stand on?

No, and it will cost her more money just to take you to court then the scrap metal is worth.
>>
if that property was from your father, then i think that it's now automatically yours along with everything in it (unless he secretly disowned you)
>>
>>17533323
Don't think that's the case, since the reason my mom doesn't like me is that I inherited everything from him instead of her, she got just enough to get by on.
>>
>>17533286
Just to be on the safe side, I would go through my things and make sure I got rid of any document relating to the selling of scrap metal and anything which might inventory what was on your land. I would then forget I ever had anything like that to get rid of.

A case like this rests on her being able to prove you possessed her property and sold it. She needs to prove those two elements. You need to have nothing in your possession which might help with that.
>>
You're good anon. Worst case, you end up in court, which is scary but does NOT mean you are in trouble. Since you didn't knowingly sell off any property that was not part of the estate, you shouldn't have criminal liability. You *might* have to compensate your aunt for scrap value if she can prove ownership of whatever it is that was sold. If you do end up in court, just be honest. You're not going to get in any sort of trouble.

Now, if your family are just being dicks, I might suggest you press the matter and text your mom something along the lines of 'she has to go to x (the lawyer who handled the estate) to make a claim against the estate. I sold off my father's property, not hers, as far as I know. His number is xxx-xxx-xxxx. She'll have to work out an ownership claim if that's what she wants. Or, you know, talk to me, rather than send her dog to bark nonsense.'

Maintain frame. If you knowingly didn't sell off her shit, and didn't know she had shit there, it really would be an estate issue, which is a giant steaming turd of a headache. Don't believe them for a second.

Now, I'm no lawyer, and free advice is worth what you pay for it, but I'd say that this is NOT the time to worry. You could really fuck her up if you get into a courtroom. I'd assume she knows that, if this is even real, and not your mom doing some weird shit.
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.