[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why are people so pissed off about Brock Turner not getting more

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 4

Why are people so pissed off about Brock Turner not getting more time in jail?

I mean, I know why. He's white and committed one of the worst crimes possible.

Despite that, I don't think it matters how long he's in jail for because his life is going to complete and utter shit outside of jail. The girl he raped didn't even remember what happened until she read about it online or in the paper.

I don't know. I just think it's an odd situation. He deserves to be treated like shit but at the same time it seems unfair to deny someone a second chance at becoming a better person.

I also have a weird perspective on the matter because of an experience I had at a party in high school. A girl and I were making out while high/drunk and she kept telling me to get her belt off. She kept saying it and saying and I kept getting more frantic because she was. Eventually she raised her voice and said stop. As soon as I realized that she hadn't been telling me to hurry up with her belt, I stopped. Immediately. I was so high and drunk that I confused "stop" with "hurry up."

I know that both scenarios are very different, but I can understand that Brock might have been so drunk that he was completely unaware of what he was doing.

Again, I'm not defending rape or victim blaming or anything like that. The whole situation with Brock has done nothing but propagate pain, regret, and hatred. I just feel weird about it and obviously can't talk about any of this with anyone I know.
>>
White, college rapists are so under-prosecuted its disgusting. I think he just became the poster-child for it, desu.

He's catching all the hate that other people in less publicized cases should have caught.
>>
>>17533230
Mishearing someone you've been making out with is nothing like raping an unconscious person behind a fucking dumpster.
You're not unaware if your actions when drunks, you just care less about consequences.
>>
I can't possibly know what happened that night, but if he just fingered an extremely drunk girl while he himself was extremely drunk he did nothing wrong. If she was passed out, then obviously that's wrong, but i think it's bullshit that people can't go out and get drunk and hook up and enjoy themselves like the fucking retards who wrote these laws used to do themselves just 10-20 years ago
>>
he had to be pried off an unconscious body by two cyclers. he's a fucking weirdo; throw him in jail pls.
>>
>>17533230
Because people get 21 years in prison for marijuana possession.
>>
>>17533255
She was passed out, and he was caught by two people who happened to be cycling by. They yelled and he ran.
>>
>>17533230
If I was that girl's father, I'd go full John Hartigan and rip his ball off as I pound his skull into the floor.

Rape is rape is rape. Granted the girl shouldn't have been out drinking but that was the lesser of two evils. I mean if Brock was a black kid it would be another black youth acting like a trashy thug. Nothing to report. But he was a swimming star (I actually knew him. We were on a swim team together). He was your typical Francis Buxton. I don't feel bad for him. Humans go to jail, animals get put down.
>>
>>17533230
Because people like >>17533245 like to virtue signal with how pissed off they are.

It's a status thing, basically. Empathy is a finite resource, so by showing empathy for the "right" cases you show yourself to be a good person. After all, you're wasting your personal resources by favouring others for no ulterior motive, so you MUST be a nice person.

He's just the designated target. And of course it matters that he's white. Just listen to that guy: "White, college rapists are so under-prosecuted its disgusting."

Yeah, all those gang rapists in the UK sure were being proscecuted all those years the government knew it was going on. It totally didn't have anything to do with their skin colour or heritage. Not. At. All.

And how many of the same people who are angry about Brock Turner were angry about Rotherham and all the related cases? Not that many. And how many actually bring up cases outside the Western world? Like some gay guy in Russia who had three beer bottles shoved up his ass? They forgot about that right quick, didn't they?

Yeah, you're damn right it's because he's wealthy, young, white, and in college. That's the empathy sweet spot for loud idiots on Tumblr and Facebook. Sure, they might convince themselves they actually care. That's how empathy works. But they are damn well choosing to allocate their empathy towards what was, at the end of the day, a relatively tame case because of political and racial reasons. We've seen this same shit so many times already. They scream "justice", but what they mean is "kill whitey". Dude could have gotten the chair, and these people would still think it was too light a sentence.
>>
>>17533276
Lmao I can tell you were the bitchboy of the team
>>
>>17533293
...Go fuck yourself with a vacuum cleaner.
>>
>>17533306
So he's right, then?
>>
>>17533230
>but I can understand that Brock might have been so drunk that he was completely unaware of what he was doing.

I spent the entirety of my twenties getting life threateningly drunk and starting fights in bars. One of the many things I learned about myself was that alcohol doesn't change you or make you do things you might not normally do, it just makes you less likely to give a shit about the consequences. I was angry, aggressive, and insecure, so I got myself drunk enough to not be worried about getting hurt or arrested.

Brock Turner is a rapist. He's not a guy who got drunk and made a mistake, he's a guy who got drunk and raped someone because, deep down, thats what he is.
>>
Becuz this faggot got off easy while americans who havent comitted violent crimes are getting x5 worse sentences. Anybody that has ever been arrested for weed isva testament to that. Justice is an illusion.
>>
File: 1465786437135.jpg (74KB, 599x563px) Image search: [Google]
1465786437135.jpg
74KB, 599x563px
>>17533230

>Why are people so pissed off about Brock Turner not getting more time in jail?

Seeing as this is a terrible attempt at /r9k/ bait, you know exactly why people are upset.

Its really easy for you to sit here and say its unfair to deny someone a second chance at becoming a better person but when something like this affects your mother or your sister or girlfriend we can revisit this and you can let us know whether or not you'd be comfortable with this kid spending 3 months in protective custody and then walking out of there with a clean slate.

People are upset because rapists typically get a lot of time and he got very little. People are upset because people are tired of white, college aged adolescents being put on pedestals by our justice systems while others are crushed underneath its foot simply because they have their "whole lives ahead of them."

Justice is supposed to be blind and fair. In this instance it was not blind nor was it fair. I'm not a big fan of the media machine or the court of public opinion either but this was obviously a gross miscarriage of justice. Also, the judge did not know that his story would turn into a media sensation when he sentenced him so the whole "doesn't matter how long he's in jail because his life is shitty now" argument doesn't make sense.

Neither does the "girl he raped doesn't remember" argument either. Whether or not he sexually assaulted this girl isn't up for debate. You're not obligated to remember something happening to be a victim of it. He was caught in the act, he admitted.

It doesn't matter if you're an up and coming swim star or if you've lived your live with a silver spoon in your mouth. If you sexually assault someone you don't get a slap on the wrist, you go to prison.

Thats the essence of the argument. If you can't sympathize with that then its obvious that you're letting your agenda cloud your objective mind.
>>
>one of the worst crimes possible.
There's a lot worse you can do to a single human being than finger them.
>>
>>17533376

I think you're missing the point. Its not about the specific, intrinsic act of fingering someone so much as it is violating someone incapable of defending themselves.

Preying on someone who isn't able to defend themselves whether it be sexually assaulting a passed out girl or abusing a child or an elderly person, is arguably one of the worst crimes you can do.

Its cowardly and inexcusable.
>>
>>17533372
>
Its really easy for you to sit here and say its unfair to deny someone a second chance at becoming a better person but when something like this affects your mother or your sister or girlfriend we can revisit this and you can let us know whether or not you'd be comfortable with this kid spending 3 months in protective custody and then walking out of there with a clean slate.
So you're literally trying to argue from emotions then.

No shit I'd be upset, that's also exactly why I wouldn't be part of the jury.

>college aged adolescents being put on pedestals by our justice systems while others are crushed underneath its foot
He's currently being crushed under society's foot right now, which is tremendously more damning. No, this kid has no life ahead of him. He's done.

>Justice is supposed to be blind and fair.
So you're admitting your first two sentences are meaningless.

>this was obviously a gross miscarriage of justice.
Why, in detail?

>Also, the judge did not know that his story would turn into a media sensation
He didn't realize giving a white male college student convicted of rape a relatively extremely light sentence wouldn't cause a titanic shitstorm in this social climate? Really?

>Thats the essence of the argument. If you can't sympathize with that then its obvious that you're letting your agenda cloud your objective mind.
>someone who stuck his finger in someone should face [the punishment I prefer] and if you disagree with that YOU have an agenda clouding your objective[sic] mind.
>>
>>17533397
I think you're missing the point where the OP literally said fingering someone was one of the worst crimes possible.

I know a lot worse ways of violating someone, and I'm sure you do to.

It's only arguable by someone like you who is a deranged freak of social justice. You are ironically the exact kind of person who make sexual assault victim's lives a living hell.
Did you read the victim in question's letter? I did. You know what she said was the worst part? Dealing with people who behaved like you.

Fingering someone passed out is a gross thing, and it deserves about 3 months in jail. It is no where close to the worst crime possible. Fuck, your collective whining is already a worse crime than that, in the directly measurable harm it causes to the well-being of sexual assault victims.
>>
>>17533411

>He's currently being crushed under society's foot right now, which is tremendously more damning. No, this kid has no life ahead of him. He's done.

Its the justice system's job to dole out a punishment that fits the crime, not take the pulse of the court of public opinion and factor in the defendant's life after prison.

If you don't want the consequences of living your life with a scarlett letter on you you shouldn't commit vicious sexual abuse.

>So you're admitting your first two sentences are meaningless.

No. I'm not sure how you came to that conclusion.

>Why, in detail?

Can you honestly not understand? The overwhelming majority of people who commit this crime receive harsh prison sentences but this kid was spared because he's white, upper class and young.

HIS feelings and life circumstances were taken into consideration more than the feelings of his victim or the overall purpose of the justice system.

>He didn't realize giving a white male college student convicted of rape a relatively extremely light sentence wouldn't cause a titanic shitstorm in this social climate? Really?

No, he obviously didn't, because upon further investigation they unearthed a handful of cases that this judge presided over that had the same pattern of going easy on white, college aged males, particularly in sexual assault cases; cases that had gone unreported.

And again, you're logic is being clouded. This judge lost his job because of this incident. Your whole "the judge knew what was gonna happen all along" argument doesn't make sense at all.

>someone who stuck his finger in someone should face [the punishment I prefer] and if you disagree with that YOU have an agenda clouding your objective[sic] mind.

He didn't "stick his finger in someone". He sexually assaulted an unconscious girl behind a dumpster you simple fuck.

This isn't the punishment I prefer, its the punishment that we as a society has deemed appropriate.
>>
File: 1466647882742.gif (3MB, 302x354px) Image search: [Google]
1466647882742.gif
3MB, 302x354px
>>17533426

>It's only arguable by someone like you who is a deranged freak of social justice.

Top fucking kek. Yes, only a deranged freak of social justice like me would take particular issue with a person who assaults people incapable of defending themselves.

Again, you're missing the point entirely. The point isn't the severity of this particular crime but the nature of it in general. I understand your view point though. You've firmly planted yourself in the "I don't see what the big deal is" camp so nothing I say is going to even remotely budge you from your position. If you give up even an inch or admit that anything I'm saying is remotely reasonable your entire existence could crumble underneath your feet. I get it, dude, no worries.

Also, its not "the victim in question". Its the victim. Whether or not he sexually assaulted the girl isn't up for debate. He did it, she remembered it, he admitted it, people saw him doing it, he got caught.

Your anti-feminist agenda is obviously stirring your brain into an unintelligible pile of mush so I do realize why you're so adamantly against being on the side of the girl who was sexually assaulted behind a dumpster. I realize that if you side with the woman this time then you'd be forced to reevaluate the entire distorted value system that you've developed for yourself.

>You are ironically the exact kind of person who make sexual assault victim's lives a living hell.

Yeah, I do realize how being supportive and on their side can make their lives a living hell.

I can totally see how a reasonable person could see that someone "whining" about how fucked up sexual assault is worse than an actual sexual assault.

That's not a completely retarded thing to say at all.
>>
>>17533345
OP here. That seems to make sense.

In my experience though, I would drink until I blacked out. No idea what sorts of things I did while blackout but Im guessing I didn't have the coordination to do anything but breathe.
>>
>because his life is going to complete and utter shit outside of jail.

Yeah, right.

They had a news article about his neighbors standing outside of his home and drawing "rapist" in chalk on his driveway and shit like that. And I thought: "is he even there?"

He went to Stanford. His parents are probably well off. He probably has the resources to lay low, and the network around him to continue living a comfortable life. It's fucked up, but he'll live a much better life outside of jail. I don't know how anyone could even think they could really affect this guy's life without harming him. Even the media has often referred to him as a "Stanford swimmer" instead of what he really should be - a rapist.
>>
>>17533260
This is why.
>>
>>17533372
You didn't read my post.

I said that the amount of time a rapist spends in jail doesn't matter when literally the entire country knows he's a rapist. People literally want to castrate him. He's essentially going from Jail A to Jail B.

Work on your reading comprehension.
>>
>>17533426
Dude he fucked her unconscious body. He didn't just "finger her." Do you read anything ever? Stop with the edgy shit
>>
>>17533426
I was not aware that he fingered her. I was under the impression that he raped her.

Isnt fingering closer to molestation than rape? Sorry, I'm not familiar with the specifics of the terminology.
>>
>>17533492

>You didn't read my post.
>Work on your reading comprehension.

No, my comprehension is fine, I just read your post and it was retarded and made no sense.

People hating him for being a rapist isn't the court's problem. He should of thought about that before he raped someone. I honestly don't see how that holds any bearing on the punishment for the crime.

And yes, the amount of time you spend in jail absolutely matters. When you commit a crime you go to jail. Thats the law. Black and white.

Being out of jail, free to go where you want, eat what you want and do what you want is not jail by even a minimal stretch.

Remember George Zimmerman? People wanted to lop his head off for a solid year and then once the media machine died down people forgot about him and he kept living his life, making money off of signing books and doing interviews.

If you honestly think that people hating you is just as bad as being in prison you're a fucking dullard.
>>
Would any guy tackle a woman who popped her finger in a guys ass who was passed out? I doubt it, they'd just think it was funny.

People keep saying rape in this thread, it wasn't rape. Let's face it, he didn't drag her all the way to the dumpster, she went with him, got hot and heavy, then started to black out mid-sex while he wasn't paying attention.

I woke up to a blowjob from a really drunk girl while I was passed out, was I raped? come on man.
>>
How do I quit playing overwatch? I'm helplessly addicted and I'm not enough myself like I used to. Partially because I dropped 300 ranks. This has been the main driving force in my life for the past month (other than having a gf and looking for a job). I'll willingly fuck up my brain to break my addiction, or at least not feel so upset about it.
>>
>>17533547
Oh shit I meant to start a thread ignore the post.
>>
>>17533544
and by mid-sex, I mean finger blasting.
>>
>>17533544
This is so ridiculous and disrespectful but here (You) go
>>
>>17533556
If her getting fingered for a bit was rape, then me getting my limp penis sucked on while I was unconcious was rape.
>>
>>17533565
He didn't just finger her, he penetrated her. The two witnesses found him on top of her. And you don't just "not notice it" when the girl you're fucking passes out.
>>
>>17533565
I will add that the difference is that as a male I should feel lucky and society would find this situation somewhat humorous, instead of something horrific if genders were reversed.

Luckily for me, I see it for what it is, not the worst thing that could have happened to me despite being violated while having the spins and the taste of vomit in my mouth, not even worth filing a report.

This would have just been left as two drunk people being jackasses if it wasn't for those swedes.
>>
>>17533580
He was convicted of sexual assault and tests proved there was no penetration, so shut the fuck up you tard.
>>
>>17533612
There was with a foreign object.
Whatever though man. There's really no convincing people like you; people that stand on the trauma of the victim to argue politics
>>
>>17533622
What foreign object was that then do you suppose? Kinda funny how you change the goal posts as well.

I am not downplaying the victim, it isn't nice but at the end of day it wasn't some brutal rape and people keep talking about it like it was such, there are varying degrees of severity when it comes to any incident and saying this was rape is false misinformation.
>>
>>17533654
To be honest, I dunno. You dunno. However, that's what he was convicted of.

And I guess this is where we disagree: assaulting a woman while unconscious in any manner is particularly brutal. I mean dude, they found her with blood on her and the two dudes (who have absolutely zero reason to lie) saw him ON TOP of her.

To point out exactly what you are arguing is not any sort of fallacy. You are downplaying the attack to argue this double-standard theory that holds no relevance to the discussion.
>>
File: image48.jpg (4KB, 300x57px) Image search: [Google]
image48.jpg
4KB, 300x57px
>>17533230
this is all groovy and shit but you are not asking for or dispensing advice. you are blogging.
>>
>>17533544

>Let's face it, he didn't drag her all the way to the dumpster, she went with him, got hot and heavy, then started to black out mid-sex while he wasn't paying attention.

I think maybe you should read the court transcripts because literally 0% of what you said is accurate.

Its amazing the narratives that manlets will make up so they can justify making the woman the villain of every story.

Also, rape is defined by the law as unlawful sexual intercourse or any other sexual penetration of the vagina, anus, or mouth of another person, with or without force, by a sex organ, other body part, or foreign object, without the consent of the victim.

So yes, it is rape. Its not the rape that is typically synonymous with the words rape but then again it doesn't even matter because I know you're just being arbitrary for the sake of edginess.
Thread posts: 42
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.