[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I've graduated college, but I'm still living at home

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

File: 1460865000402.png (677KB, 720x540px) Image search: [Google]
1460865000402.png
677KB, 720x540px
I've graduated college, but I'm still living at home (my commute is 10 minutes so I figured why not, save money for awhile, etc). I have more than enough money to move out. I feel like living at home is keeping me from doing things that I would potentially enjoy. I'm not certain about that though. I might not enjoy anything I try. I don't enjoy anything I used to enjoy anymore. The only thing I even slightly enjoy now is going to the gym, and I've been going for about 6 months. I think I enjoy it because I'm getting out of the house.

I've been looking for a new job further away that will force me to move out, but lately I've been thinking of just moving out anyway. Advice?
>>
>>17532588
I would stay home until you found a job that made moving away worth you while. A penny saved is a penny earned
>>
Find a student org or club, being active really improves your life
>>
>>17532611
No it doesn't it just kills your free time
>>
>>17532611
plz read the first three words of OP
>>
>>17532588
Save money. Don't ever move out.

>yes goyim move out, spend more money, it's good for the economy

No thanks schlomo.
>>
Just expand your hobbies, you don't need to move out unless you find your parents are impeding on your life.
>>
>>17532715
I feel that they are. tldr but I cannot live the way I want to live my life while I am living here.
>>
>>17532937
Then move out.
>>
>>17532998
K.
>>
>>17532937
The leave, mang. Get a small apartment and tell your parents you want to spread your wings. You are out of college, you have no obligation to sit in the nest anymore.
>>
>>17532588

I'm almost in the same boat as you, though my commute is more like 45 min to 1.5 hours, depending on the office I work out of.

I will be moving out in the next few months soon, but since working and staying with my parents at home, I have a savings account with 50k and a very sizeable 401k. I no longer have any student loan payments and that was all taken care of from working with zero bills, and I've even helped around the house's bills and even a semester's tuition for a sibling.

Of course, I'm on good terms with my parents, we don't hate each other. I would recommend it, but living at home (especially after living away in college) can get very mundane, but now if a real disaster like my car breaks down or what have you, I have a great nest egg to draw on for help.
>>
where you located OP? I'm trying to move out too. Socal
>>
Go ahead and start thinking about moving out with the understanding you will not until you have a few goals met. I'd start off by researching where you want to move to, what kind of neighborhood? Apartment/house/duplex? Do you care about amenities (having a pool, etc)? How close to you want to be to the gym/groceries? What about local events that are currently going on, have gone on or up and coming in your area that look fun.

Start making a list of the things that you apartment will need (cooking utensils, furniture, dildos, a bed, new computer, etc). Get a complete understanding of what dumb shit you want from Ikea.

What about monthly bills? What kind of internet/cable package? Water/electric/sewer/insurance?

You have plenty of time to decide if you want to move out.

Just know it isn't easy to come back home after you do, so fucking do it right.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.