[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is there a way to shutdown thought process? if there isn't

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

Is there a way to shutdown thought process? if there isn't I'll kill myself. I want to completely end mind chatter.
>>
Whenever I start thinking about something it always ends up in some.destructive ocd-depressive fest
>>
urrk
>>
Some ideas

1. do something
2. drink moderately
3. meditate (not while drinking)
4. do something
5. do something
6. do something
>>
>>17532125
Alright, so, for starters I don't drink. and that's good.
However meditate and do something are lacking. Whenever I put myself to do something that's actually useful/productive/non-bullshit I get mild anxious feelings and drop it all. bout meditation I never done it. what do I do? I play "don't think "as long as I can?
>>
>>17532080
Years of the kind of intense meditative training that literally requires becoming a monk.
>>
>>17532137
lets say that doing something is a room you need to go in. hang by the door all day if you need to, until the anxiety dies down and you just walk in. if it takes all day, that's better than saying you quit and went back to ruminating.

also drugs can be helpful in this scenario, but they do need to be used with a lot of respect and caution, and yes accomplishing something unaltered is always much better

You don't necessarily have to meditate. Just try to think of something larger than the topics you obsess over. Go somewhere that isn't just another store or classroom, nor your bedroom, because it can jog your mind.
>>
>>17532143
fuck
>>17532151
dude I usually mull about philosophical bullshit like zen and shit. i read alan watts alot because another anon reccomended it to me but I can't jackshit follow his advices.
>>
>>17532151
also, if I take lsd I'll probably just go bonkers and kill myself due to all the repressed shit in me. jesus I studied zen and relativity in life purely as a form of damage control to cope with my shit lifestyle
>>
>>17532080
yeah, just practice meditation. It will probably be a few weeks until you get the hang of it. You don't have to do it for a long time, just do it every single day.
>>
>>17532171
aight I'll try
>>
thanks you all.
>>
>>17532171
yeah, i had what you are having.

meditation and mindfulness seem to be doing the trick for me.
takes time though
>>
>>17532165
lol you have no clue what lsd does.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.