/script>
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I have no purpose, no friends, and no goals in life. As a result,

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 5

File: 1470615088743.jpg (163KB, 858x536px) Image search: [Google]
1470615088743.jpg
163KB, 858x536px
I have no purpose, no friends, and no goals in life. As a result, I spend every day doing nothing and being worthless. It's been going on for so long, I feel empty inside. I know we should find our own meaning, but I just can't. I've tried, but nothing has ever worked. Should I just give up?
>>
what are your hobbies?
>>
File: ROLLINS.jpg (116KB, 1024x683px) Image search: [Google]
ROLLINS.jpg
116KB, 1024x683px
>>17531728

PICK UP THE IRON
>>
>>17531758
I watch TV shows, eat, and drink beer.
>>
>>17531772
Become a vigilante.
>>
>>17531778
What mask should I wear? Al Bundy?
>>
File: shopping.jpg (24KB, 450x450px) Image search: [Google]
shopping.jpg
24KB, 450x450px
>>17531785
The Fire Rises
>>
File: a8ab47_2783122.jpg (96KB, 1350x561px) Image search: [Google]
a8ab47_2783122.jpg
96KB, 1350x561px
>>
File: i-want-happiness[2].jpg (90KB, 500x570px) Image search: [Google]
i-want-happiness[2].jpg
90KB, 500x570px
>>17531728

the moment you try to find meaning, you create space for meaningless. you will get disappointed when you don't find meaning. the quest for something feeds the feelings of nothing

there's a duality to it and you can be free by simply being free. you don't need to look for meaning because you are never going to get. desire always leads to more desire. you set a goal to get something and you get it? great, you got something. that feeling will pass. what will you do next?

you just need to be present in the moment. describing your situation as worthless and you do nothing in your days. worthless compared to what exactly? doing nothing compared to what? you're alive. worthlessness is just a concept that you don't need to measure yourself against

think about a leaf falling from a tree. do you think a leaf has any meaning? a leaf just does something without any attempt. it grows and grows then one day it falls in a majestic way. there's nothing to it yet there is. what about a frog sitting on a lily pad waiting for a fly to wander by? do you think it is sitting there pondering it's meaning or where it is heading? it just sits because it sits

you just do because you do. sometimes you just do things. just start somewhere
>>
>>17531837
Real depression is when you feel so worthless, you don't see a point in any of that. If you've been depressed for so long, and nothing has made you happy, why would you think the "go full retard:, "travel the world" "hit the clubs" etc. memes actually work?
>>
>>17531847
>worthless compared to what exactly? doing nothing compared to what?

Compared to what I could be. I just can't stop being lazy. I have zero motivation to change, and that's why I feel awful. I can't convince myself that there's no need for meaning, this is hardwired into my brain. If I sit there like a frog being present I'll keep feeling worthless.
>>
>>17531886
This
>>
>>17531847

That image makes no sense. Just like Buddhism.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.